[24] Helping Hand

So yeah, maybe a big part of the money was wasted on the rebuilding, but at least the new place wouldn't have child poltergeists haunting the employees from dusk to dawn. And since the pizzeria's insurance covered fires, not too much was spent.
Eventually, and you had to tell Boss about your plan with the guards. You could tell he was moved and greatly appreciated what all of you were doing. He also mentioned it wouldn't go without reward, but that would stay as a secret between you and him until the grand reopening.

The construction went quickly. A little over a month and the basics of the place were done. Now it was time for everyone to do their part of the plan.
Mike added a small petting zoo, since his dream job had always been to be an animal caretaker. The miniature zoo came with a dozen baby chicks and a hen, a triplet of bunnies and a domesticated fox. Of course, no bear, but there were at least a hundred plushies now selling in the prize corner thanks to Jeremy's contributions. Another thing, Karaoke Night was now every Thursday after 9:00 until 11:30. Also Jeremy's idea.

Fritz became the head of the kitchen, hiring only the best cooks in town he knew. With a little loan of money (and days of begging), he got the pizza brick oven he deeply wished for since he discovered his love for food.

The money Vincent's parents had left him plus the money you had saved over the years helped enormously. You were also immensely happy Scott had agreed to manage the money. After his many years of working as Boss's right had man, he has learned a few tricks from the old guy. He knew where to get good quality materials for cheap prices and get them delivered quickly.

It made you glad you never bought that house. It made you realize that, sometimes, bad things need to happen in order to allow good things to come.

✿  ✿  ✿

As you swept the floor of the pizzeria one final time before the reopening tomorrow, you heard Boss's voice in his office. Curiosity got the best of you and you peeked carefully into the room. Chris was with him, explaining his transition and how he hoped Boss would give him a new name tag. There was a moment of silence before Boss answered.

"Sorry, Chris." He rubbed the back of his neck and shifted the cigar in his lips.
Chris's eyes sparked and a smile stretched across his face as soon as he had heard Boss call him the name he had wanted to hear for so long. Boss dug into the pocket of his suit and pulled out some small object that he held tight in his bulky fist. Chris gasped lightly and held out his hands excitedly, with an enormous smile on his face.

Boss grumbled uncomfortably as he dropped the object on Chris's palms. A name tag, reading 'Chris'. The boy clasped the new gift and let out a short, soft squeak.
Boss added one final thing. "If anyone asks, you paid for it."
Chris replied in a whisper-shout. "Okay,"

Boss leaves the office without seeing you as he left the pizzeria. He looked so much different than a few weeks ago. Somehow, you could tell he was happier with just looking at him. He seemed more open-minded, too.

Chris walks out too, staring madly at his new name tag before pinning it to his apron and smiling proudly. He turns and sees you too, smiling. He smiles bigger as he gives you a high five and you both cheer silently.
"I told you it would happen eventually!" You bump him lightly on the shoulder.
"I really can't believe it!" His excitement poured into his voice in every word. "I- I thought Boss would never approve of me, but- wow! You don't understand how happy I am!"
"I'm very happy for you, Chris. I hope you keep working here. I'd sure miss you if you left."
He beamed down at his tag. "Yeah," He nodded reassuringly. "With this, now I'm definitely stays for a long while."

✿  ✿  ✿

Now you were the last in the building. You wanted to make sure the place was spotless for tomorrow. You felt your phone buzzing and fished it out of your pocket. It was a text from Vincent.

You smile at the message before replying

You smile at the message before replying. Vincent was such a caring guy.
'I'm on my way home, don't worry.'
You shove your phone back into your pant's pocket and leave the broom in the closet where Bonnie always used to hide. Before leaving, you give a quick glance at the new stage. New animatronics took the place of the old. These were made out of shiny plastic, making them easier to clean. They all had rosy cheeks and long eyelashes. Bonnie and Chica both had makeup on and Bonnie had gone from purple to blue. And Chica had... panties? Oh well.

Then you go to the new Kid's Cove, where a new Foxy stood in place. Although, to even out the numbers in the Fazgang, Foxy was now female. Which left two males, Freddy and Bonnie, and two girls, Chica and Foxy.
You took a good look at where she stood. Her coat was white and pink with a red bow tied behind her neck. Maybe she was a little too close to the ground. Kids would easily reach her. But if they took her apart, she was easy to put back together, right?

You continued to walk the halls until the Prize Corner. A puppet had been found inside the spare Freddy suit in the old location. Boss decided to put it inside a giant gift as some sort of Jack-in-the-Box, handing prizes to the kiddies. You don't know why, but something about that 'Marionette' gave you the creeps.

You walk calmly to the spare parts room to see the old ones. You turn on the light switch and a cold, blue light glows eerily in the walls. The robots were a little broken down since the fire, but they seemed in okay conditions besides that. You stare at them feeling a little sadness. Their spot on the stage had been taken away, but Fritz wouldn't have these animatronics performing. It would scare the young ones. Although he did make sure the A.I.s worked in them and were ready to work by the day of the grand reopening, just in case the others somehow suffered some malfunction.

"See you guys tomorrow," You flick off the lights and slowly close the door.