[22] Out of Business

It felt so good to finally have a comfortable bed to sleep in, a hot shower to bathe in, good food to eat, but most importantly, it was good to have Vincent back. The night was now clear and beautiful, with stars twinkling and sparkling across the deep blue sky.

You fell asleep in his arms, hugging him and smiling in your sleep. Not even asleep would you let him go, and neither did he. His body curled around yours in a protective way, like the big spoon and the little spoon, guarding you from all evil that lurked when you two slept.

✿ ✿ ✿

You wake up to the buzzing of the alarm. It took you a second to realize you were still wrapped in Vincent's arms. You stretch your arm to press the snooze button, not wanting to move from the spot. You whined in your head. 'Just a few more minutes...'

Luckily, Vincent had his set alarm a whole hour before work. Apparently he was hard to wake up. The thought of a sleepy, whiny Vincent made you smile as you shifted a bit to find a more comfortable position in Vincent's arms. You hear him snoring lightly. He looked so peaceful. His mouth was slightly open and his eyes closed softly, with his long, now loose hair covering part of his face.

You slept for a few more minutes, until you finally felt Vincent waking up to the beeping of the sixth alarm at 6:30. He groaned silently, furrowed his eyebrows and buried his face into his pillow. He let out a long sigh before digging his face out and slowly opened his eyes, leaving them halfway opened. His annoyed expression changed as soon as he saw you besides him. His eyes became kind as you gazed into them, laying on your side, inches away from him. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Good morning..." He croaked quietly, as he slid his arms under his pillow and stretched.

✿ ✿ ✿

Since you and Vincent had skipped the night shift for the past few weeks, you insisted to come to the day shift to start making up for the missed work days, that is, if Boss didn't fire you the second he laid eyes upon you two.

As you turn the in the pizzeria's corner, you saw the whole security crew outside the building, at the front door. At first it thrilled you, knowing you would be able to explain why you missed work, or maybe lie so you didn't have to mention... y'know. The whole murderer deal. But then you realized it wasn't Wednesday, much less the night shift. There was no reason for everyone to be here unless Boss was going to announce something. Your heart sped up.
You and Vincent were going to lose your jobs. Boss was about to fire you two. You turn and whisper-shout to Vincent, just a few feet away from the pizzeria now. "Vincent?" Your hand tugged at the edge of your uniform shirt. "I think we're going to get fired..."
He looked at you at held your anxious hand. "Don't worry, I'll handle this,"
Hearing Vincent say that gave you the feeling it would be alright, but if he started maniacally stabbing Boss yelling at him to give him his job back, you'll have to have a little talk with the guy.

Finally, you reunited with your work buddies. All of them looked incredibly surprised to see you. Being the sweethearts they were, they group hugged you. Mike let go first, then Scott, Fritz and finally Jeremy. They started shooting question after question.
"Where were you?"
"What happened?"
"Why didn't you call?"
"Is everything alright?"
"Don't scare us like that again!"
"Boys!" You held up your hands to the side of your head, signaling for silence. The noise died down. "I'm fine, really. I just, uh, fell really sick. And Vincent took care of me for those weeks.
They all ooh'ed at your reply, happy to finally have an answer. But started talking all at once again.
"You still could've called us,"
"Why didn't you tell Boss?"
"We should've dropped by,"
"Are you okay now?"
"You really had us worried,"
Vincent was getting annoying with the squawking of his comrades. He wrapped an arm around your lower waist and pulled you a few inches away from them. "Listen buddies," his voice was filled with confidence as he took a step forward, but there was a hint of annoyance. "She was very sick and needed me, therefore I saw no need to call the Boss. I had no idea you cared that much about her."
There was something in his tone in that last part. Oh my god. Was Vincent jealous?

Suddenly the doors opened from inside, where Boss was putting away his keys. "Alright kids, come inside. I've got something to tell you. Go to the office." His thick cigar (which he probably wasn't supposed to have inside a closed building) had left the smell of tobacco in the air, but it was starting to vent out as you reached the office.
You tried to remain calm. You were surprised there weren't any pink slips in the mail yesterday.

Boss plopped down at the desk and took off his hat, taking a deep breath and running his fingers through his bald scalp. Everything for you was awkward silence and worry for a long moment until Boss spoke again.
"Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria is closing down."
The news struck you like lightning. Some guards shared your surprise, like Scott and Jeremy. Other reacted much differently. Vincent hid his reaction well, Mike suppressed a smile, but the look in his eyes gave it away, and Fritz seemed pretty happy about it too.
Boss continues, looking up from his desk to you and Vincent. "That's why I didn't tell you anything when you went missing. It was 2 checks less to pay, but I still ended here."
The man looked so devastated. His life's work was shutting down and he had no one who would comfort him about it.
"You can leave your uniforms, name tags and badges tomorrow morning at the front desk. Or keep it, it doesn't matter." That was the last thing he said before leaving the office and driving away in his car.

✿ ✿ ✿

Back home, silence still made itself present between you and Vincent. You go up to your room and started take off your uniform and changing into more comfortable clothes, folding the other to return to the pizzeria tomorrow. Your eyes were teary, but you didn't realize until a tear dropped on the back of your hand.
You were pulled back in time to your 5 Nights at Freddy's.
How nice Boss had been to you, when you met Vincent, Mike, Scott, Jeremy, Fritz, the Fazgang, the spirits, All the fun you had with the crew. That pizzeria held the most life changing memories you will ever have. You couldn't let that get away. You couldn't let the place where you met Vincent go away.

But what if...
You get an idea. It was risky, but definitely worth it.

Vincent creaks open your door and knocks with the knuckle of his finger. "Everything alright, beautiful?"
You wipe your tear and smile confidently. "I know how to save the pizzeria, and the children."
His eyes went wide. "Are you mad? Why would we want to save that cluster of bricks?! Don't tell me you actually pity those good for nothing security guards."
You smirk. "Vincent you are totally jealous~,"
He hesitates and his cheeks are tinted with a hint of magenta. "I am not. Besides," He backed you up against the wall and rubbed your side. "I've already claimed you as mine and mine only."
So much for being confident. You blush madly at his remark and try desperately to change the subject.
"We can't let the place we met go away,"
This seems to get his attention. He thought about it, growled and scanned the floor. It was working, but you needed something else to avoid him turning back.
"Besides," you added. "The children haven't forgotten what you did. They won't forgive you until they are freed."
He growled one last time. "Mmm, fine."
"Yes!"  You pushed him aside and grabbed your phone.
"What are you doing?"
"Calling everyone else! We can't do this alone."