[13] Mahogany

You and Vincent walked back to the pizzeria holding hands and wait on the front door for Boss to arrive with your paycheck.

The early morning wind made your hair blow in all directions. You spit out a few stray hairs that hid themselves in your mouth and place them behind your ear.  You let go of  Vincent's hand to rub your arms, which had goosebumps because of the cold weather.

Vincent chuckled. "You sure you don't want to wait inside?"

You shake your head. "I want to get my paycheck as soon as possible."

"You're a bit impatient, aren't you?" He asked.

You shrug an smile shortly. "I guess I can be sometimes."

After what seemed to be forever, Boss's black car pulled into the restaurant's parking lot.

You see him step out of his car with a piece of paper in his hand. Then a girl around your age stepped out of the other side of the car. She had not too long, but not too short hair that was almost pitch black and fairly messy.

She wore a simple and sleeveless red dress and had gray eyes that looked like silver.

Vincent frowned a little when he spotted her.

Boss walks up to you with his lips forming a warm smile, where he had already placed a thick cigar that left a trail of smoke behind him.

"Glad to have another member of the Fazbear family," he said as he handed you the paycheck.

You looked at it as if it had written a million dollars on it instead of $120.  You squee as you carefully place the paper in your bag and give Boss a quick hug, taking him by surprise.
"Thank you, Boss!"

"I hope the animatronics weren't much trouble. And I hope you stay a little longer... we could really use the help."

You look at Vincent and he looks back at you. You smile. "Yeah, I guess I'm staying here a pretty long time."

"Good!" Boss exclaims. "Are you kids hungry? I know I am! I'll go inside to heat up some pizza. You all want some?"

You all nodded and Boss unlocked the front doors.

Once they close behind him, it leaves you, Vincent and the other girl alone.

"Hello, Mahogany." Vincent says with an expressionless face, which was very rare.

"Hello, Vincent." The girl you supposed was Mahogany replied. They both looked at each other as if they were in a staring contest.

You stood there awkwardly. Having no idea what was going on between those two.

Mahogany broke the connection between her and Vincent and turned to look at you. "Oh! Where are my manners! You're (y/n), right? I'm your boss's daughter, Mahogany."

"Hi!" You replied sweetly.

Vincent coughs falsely and  interrupts you two to say the most out-of-place thing you could imagine. "Mah-hoe-gany."

Mahogany gasps and punched his arm, hard. Vincent was trying his hardest to hold in laughter.

Realization hit you like a truck. They must've been a couple at some point.

"Still work at this dump, huh?" Mahogany asked Vincent.

"Yup." Vincent said, popping the 'p' a little. He reached for your hand and held it tightly. You blush at the sudden movement.

"Aaaanyway!" You say, trying to break the awkward moment. "Who's hungry for some pizza, huh?" You swing your arm like a sailor and shift your eyes nervously from Mahogany to Vincent.

"(Y/n)'s right." Vincent said. "Maybe I can help prepare some toast."

Mahogany rolled her eyes. "You and your toast. You haven't changed at all, have you?"

Vincent slowly shook his head. "Not at all~." He rubbed your hand he was holding with his thumb, which caused you to blush a little.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go in. It's freezing out here."

All three of you walk inside and into the party room where Boss was placing a few cardboard plates with a slice of pepperoni pizza in them.

"Ah, about time you came in!" He said.

Everyone sat at a table in the party room and you and Vincent sat beside each other.

You were starving by now. You grabbed the warm piece of pizza and took a bite out of it. You almost gagged. The pizza was terrible! How could kids actually enjoy it?

It tasted like cardboard, you could've eaten the plate and it would've tasted exactly the same. But you knew better than to complain about food that had been gifted to you.

No one else seemed to mind the terrible taste, so you decided to eat it anyways. You could always eat something better somewhere else.

You looked at Vincent and Mahogany. Mahogany was giving Vincent a death glare and Vincent simply replied with a sly look.

Every bite of the pizza made you want to throw up, and the ambient wasn't exactly helping. But after a bit, you finished it, you had gulped the last bite.

Boss stood up and clapped his hands together. "Well! We better get going. The dayshift will be here any moment."

You look at the time. 8:57.

Just a second after, you see Scott and Fritz walk in.

"Ah, just in time!" Boss said as he spread his arms.

You wave at them but didn't speak since you were afraid your body would take the chance and get rid of the horrid pizza.

They wave back as you, Vincent and Mahogany picked up your plates. You threw them into a nearby trash can and wipe your hands.

"Mahogany!" Boss calls warmly for his daughter. "We're leaving!"

"Coming, Daddy!" She looked behind her and sees Vincent leaning against the wall fairly away from you.

She turns to look at you with eyebrows raised and a smile. "I guess you and Vincent are a thing now, huh? Well, (Y/n)... You're in for quite a ride."

And with that, she ran off to catch up with her father.

Her words echo through your head as Vincent walks up behind you and places his hand on your shoulder.

'You're in for quite a ride~.'