[21] Forgive Me

For the last week and a few days, the weather in town had remained pretty much perfect. The skies were spotless, not a single dark cloud was in sight and the weather was always nice and breezy in the best of ways, which wasn't common during fall. The afternoons were ironically sunny, which made it look like the world was completely ignoring the mess that your life currently was. It was almost as if the whole planet was making fun of you.

Day after day, you had less and less supplies. You sometimes went hungry and skipped many meals. Sometimes breakfast, other times lunch, but mostly dinner. After a few days, you had no more money left. You were running  out of beverages and constantly fell asleep either sobbing uncontrollably or with silent tears rolling down your cheeks. He always crossed your mind... No, crossing isn't the right word. It was more like haunting.

You always stayed in your room unless you had to buy anything. Your clothes were filthy with dust, sweat and tears, you hadn't brushed your hair in days and dark circles were beginning to form around your (e/c) eyes. Of course, you didn't notice. You didn't even bother to look at yourself in the mirror anymore. What good would it do to you to see your reflection? You bet even she would laugh at you, while reminding you that you look like someone who's been in a desert for months and was later run over in the highway by an 18 wheeler driven by a drunk old man with 3 cheeseburgers and then having the sun roast your body, which was roadkill now, on the pavement.

One final time, you decide to go for a walk. It was late at night, so no one would see you or gawk at the horrible state your life and higiene were in.
     On this one day, the only day you go outside for more than a few minutes, rain begins to fall.

At first it's subtle. Tiny drops hitting on your shoulders and splashing on your shirt, but it got heavier soon enough.
You didn't care anymore. The cold chilled your arms and back, but you barely noticed it. You only had one more thing to do.

✿ ✿ ✿

The rain only poured harder as you walked to the nearby bridge. You had finally decided to end this miserable, never ending nightmare. Your shoes splashed on newly formed puddles and water kicked to the hem of your pants, darkening the color. Nothing to mind. It would all end soon. You scowl, angered at the world and it's many ways of humiliating you, even in your last minutes of life.

      Streetlights shone in an attempt to light up the street, but it was useless. The street was still ruled by darkness and the constant dripping of the rain was driving you insane.

      At every store you passed, there was always something to remind you of him. Not only that, but in the murkiness of the night, everything seemed to be some shade of purple within the darkness. Those beautiful purple flowers blooming in someone's window, that stuffed bunny in the store's display, the closed pizzeria in the corner, the music store with the grand piano... the moon itself reminded you of those gorgeous eyes of his.

     Your eyes begin tearing up, but you shake your head. Your wet hair softly slapped against your slightly sunken cheeks. You keep denying your feelings for him. You simply couldn't love a monster like him.

     'Almost there,' You tell yourself inside your head.  'Soon it'll all be over. No more feelings, no more madness, no more pain... no more Vincent.'

     You look up with sad eyes, and your heart skipped several beats. Your eyes widen and from your mouth comes out a gasp.

     You see him. He was only a few dozen feet away or more. His soft, purple hair was all messy, soaked and tangled up, his posture wasn't his usual confident, stand-tall one, he was slouched over with his hands in his pockets and walked slowly, looking down at his feet. His milky eyes were red and puffy, and they gleamed in a sad way when the moonlight reflected in them.

     He turns to look in your direction, and abruptly stopped walking as soon as he saw you.
     You were both completely still in place. Your breathing was heavy and shaky as you stared back at him.
You run, but not away, this time you go straight for him. You began grinning and laughing as you ran. Tears fell from your eyes, but now they were tears of joy. "Vincent!" You called his name as he begins to run to you too. He stops to let you jump into his arms, grinning that lovely, bright smile of his. You jump and hug him over the shoulders. Vincent stumbled back as he tried to balance your both of you two's weight and laughs. Not just his usual chuckle, this was a full hearted laugh, and it was the most beautiful sound you've ever heard in your life. Overjoyed, he returned the hug, squeezing your waist warmly.

     "My god, (y/n)," he says as he wiped away the tears on your cheek. His voice was deep and husky. "I thought I lost you forever." He hugs tighter, but you hug him the tightest you ever had, not ever wanting to let go of him. His embrace was the best feeling that you had ever experienced, and this time, nothing and no one could end this sweet moment.
     You begin to cry into his chest, but your smile remained. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry." You softly whispered into his chest, muffling your voice. You couldn't live without him. He was what gave your life meaning. "I'm sorry I did this to you! I forgive you, Vincent, don't ever leave me,"

     He slowly unwraps his arms and lifts your chin. "I would never do that," His eyes looked like they could hold your own universe the longer you stared. His face slowly came closer to yours. You knew what was coming.
Your lips connect with his, kissing with passion and feeling. He gently cupped your cheek with his hand, his fingers brushed softly against your skin, making you tingle with desire for more. You ran your fingers up his jawline, feeling his stubble scratching against your tips and then up through his hair, untangling several knots.

     As you kiss him, you were sent back to that first night, the night you met him. When he had risked his own life to save yours.
     That day he offered you a home when you had nothing left.
     That time you passed the night together.
     The way he played the piano, and the wonderful song he learned just for you.

     It didn't matter to you who he was anymore. A murderer, a little fucked up in the head... all that mattered now was that now you were back in his arms, because if you've ever felt true love, this was it.
You wished you could forget this whole fiasco and start with Vincent all over again. But at the same time, you were glad it happened. Somehow, it made your relationship stronger. It didn't matter anymore what he had done in the past. You had forgiven him, and you were determined to find a way to free the spirits, getting them to forgive Vincent.

     You run out of air and, slowly, Vincent's soft lips leave your own. He places his head in the crook of your neck and whispers into your ear, "Let's go home,"