Festivals change everything.

// as mentioned in the description, its now in the "I" perspective.//

Ayame's POV.

The meeting went well. Me and my band mates were finishing up the last things with the organization of the Crimson lotus festival. After that I decided I'd have a walk.

It was a nice spring day and I had truly missed Japan's scenery. It had already been a year since I left this place. I found a nice spot to relax, a cute bench right underneath a blooming cherry blossom. And a pond in front of me with the most beautiful lotus flowers I had ever seen. It was breath taking. As I lit a cigarette, I stretched myself out and let out a sigh of relief. As I took a slow drag and closed my eyes I heard a collection of faintly familiar voices.

"Well hurry up, the crimson lotus festival is starting in a week!" Suddenly my mind showed me images of one of the faces I had so dearly missed and without thinking about it I looked up to find five males walking in my direction. And like I expected there I saw them. Five of the six people that had made my life a year ago. And one of those faces directly broke my heart once again.
It was him.
A smile played on his face while he was messing around with his four band mates. Then the second I decided I would just hide my face and ignored his existence I heard yet another familiar voice.

"Oh my god! Ayame! It's been so long" A male figure came running towards me while screaming loudly making everyone turn their attention to him, and also to me. Including the people I was going to avoid. But my worry soon disappeared when I felt the arms of a very good friend almost choke me, making me laugh. "Miyavi, calm down! I'll be here for a few weeks so!"  The shock on my friends face was clearly visible. "Why did you not tell me! And why did you barely call me?!" I could barely controll my laughter, he was as hyper as ever. Then someone tackles him playfully, saving me. With a smile on his face Kai got off Miyavi and tackled me in a hug. "So it IS you!" And while wrapping my arms around him I couldn't help but continue my laughter until I could hear one person walk away from the scene in the direction they were headed before and I had to try my hardest not to show the pain that rose within my heart. But yet again someone saved me.
"Ayame! There you are! You left your phone at the office!" A girl came running towards me, with her crimson red hair, blue eyes and Canadian appearance made her stand out. "Jade! Thank you, wait did you stay?" Kai let go of me and while the rest waited to greet me I walked to my band mate and took my phone. "Yeah, they have an idea to mix us up and make us do a vocal switch with this Japanese band that'll play the festival as well. You were the only that left in such a hurry and missed it." A long sigh escaped my lips once again. "Do they know which band yet? And does that mean we switch for the sets or will they add another setlist to the festival with the different vocalist?" Her adorable giggle soon caught every males attention, including Aoi's who had stopped walking away to wait for his band mates. Why did I still notice that? Urgh. " well, they said it was this Japanese band called..Gazette or something?" And both mine as Ruki's eyes widened. We looked at each other and back at Jade. "You're kidding me?!"

- a few hours later-
We were at a rehearsal of The Gazette. Me and my other band mates.
Bassist Jade couldn't stop fangirling over how hot she thought Reita was, which was the most entertaining thing right now. The other three people sitting here with me were my lead guitarist John, rhythm guitarist Jennifer and drummer James. I was the only non-canadian member and by coincidence the only one whose name did not begin with a J. The two guys seemed bored and not too interested in this visual kei band before them, and I didn't really feel comfortable.

I had missed them, yes. And God I couldn't even find the words to describe how much I had missed that guy with his raven hair that was now dancing with his guitar. I had missed Aoi so much, and it had hurt much more to pretend like he had never been part of me life. I couldn't take it anymore and got up to try and clear my head with a cigarette, and John followed me. He was the eldest of us and was like the big brother of the band, besides the lead guitarist he was also the one that took care of everyone. "You've been nervous and anxious the entire time from the moment we sat down, tell me".

We found ourselves sitting on the curb in front of the building and I couldn't do anything but stare at the street as I explained all that had happened before I went to America to live this dream. " That fucking asshole. Don't worry, if he dares to touch you ever again he"ll regret ever decided to break your heart" I guess it's weird but a smile appeared on my lips. He really cared, my band felt like family to me even though we had only know one another for 10 months.

"Oh don't worry, it won't happen again"
My body froze, and I couldn't breathe. He heard all of that? How much did he hear?

And just like that I was face to face with the man I ran away from...

//soooo its here. The start of the sequel. I'll update asap every time.
Let me know what you think of it so far!
Stay lovely
-Ruki