Music that binds.

It was the first day of the festival. Nothing much had happened, of course besides my heart breaking all over again. How did I handle it? Poorly, but I had made it my full time job not to let him have the satisfaction of my defeat. Even now when we were all sitting in the same room, with him across from me. My face only showed interest about today's performance, even the one where me and Ruki would switch bands. An idea our managers came up with. I loved working with the rest of the band though. ''So everyone know what songs they'll be playing during the switch?'' All ten of us nodded and got up to go to one of the lounge rooms they had prepared for every band that would perform here. Everyone seemed to be mingling like always, but I stayed silent. A certain mans presence still bothered me, so I got up to have a smoke. The fresh air and nicotine in my lungs helped me clear my head a bit as I let out a sigh.
Faith was playing a very cruel trick on me. That much I knew for certain. ''OOOOOH you're that other vocalist right? from the rehearsal?!'' An excited female voice quickly came towards me and pulled me into a hug. When I got a look at her face it was Shinzo, Aoi's... ''Girlfriend''. Even mentally I could barely say it. Another sigh escaped my lips as I pulled myself together to smile at her and introduce myself properly. ''Hey, I'm Ayame. Shinzo was it right?"She nodded and became more excited when she saw a guy walking through the door behind me. Really? I left that room to NOT see him. With a quiet sigh i sat down on the curb that was in front of me and pulled out my phone. These type of moments were the moments where I could write lyrics.

' Long before the days would falter,
Ever lasting dreams were mine.
Now this world is all but laughter ,
and pain so fine.

Now let go of all we've lived by,
Just let go of all you know.
' cause soon
The light
Will fight
us
off...'

I didn't know I actually started singing while writing it down. When i did finally realized what was going on i looked back to the two people standing there. i felt embarrassed but in that instant i noticed something. Aoi was... captivated? By my song? I shrugged it off again since the look on Shinzo's face changed into one of rage and jealousy, of course all well hidden behind a fake smile as she gave me some compliments. Then out of nowhere Ruki appeared in between the three of us and pulled me into a hug. ''We so need to write a song together'' He stated with a grin on his face. God how I missed all of these guys. I remember just how arrogant Ruki seemed to be when I first met him, but once you spend some time with him it became clear he was a hardworking dork. His band was really his entire life.
He patted my head then turned his attention to the other girl ''what are you looking at? Don't you have my band member to harass or something?'' I honestly couldn't believe how rude he was being but I loved it. I guess he noticed my unease about her presence here. Then he turned back to me. ''Sing it again, maybe I can work with it and we can make a duet!'' So there i went again.

' Long before the days would falter,
Ever lasting dreams were mine.
Now this world is all but laughter ,
and pain so fine.

Now let go of all we've lived by,
Just let go of all you know.
' cause soon
The light
Will fight
us
off...'

Then his voice filled the air.

'But don't you know your dreams are worth it,
And you are worth fighting for.
Long lost days need to stay forgotten,
new beginnings are the light.

Now hold on to tomorrow,
New enlightments on its way.
So just dont
Let go
Because the light
will guide..
You
Home..'

Where those about me? A mixture of happiness and some bittersweet sadness spread across my face. He knew what I was singing about, when even I didn't know. He had an understanding smile on his face and I nodded while pulling him into a hug and whispering a thank you to him. I really had the best friends in the world. ''What do you say we work that out and turn it into both our bands new hit?'' He became dorky again which made me laugh until we were rudely interupted. ''Ruki, That isnt for you to decide remember. The entire band and management needs to agree. Every single one of them.'' Aoi's voice was cold and sounded almost agry... and there was another emotion I couldn't really put my finger on.
''Look if you want to ruin this because of what happened a year ago go ahead. But you're forgetting Ayame has a band to that would love to work with me. So if you want to let your own ego get in the way of the success of the band fine. But you're not ruining this for Ayame.'' Aoi mumbled something in reply to Ruki's strict statement and went back inside with Shinzo right behind him and Ruki pulled me inside to. He really wanted to talk to both our bands about this so once we got inside we did.
Aoi didnt say a word during Ruki explaining his idea. Hell he didnt say a word for the rest of the meeting. He was pissed off because he knew Ruki was right. Everyone else seemed to love the idea of a colab song though and we all decided we would do it with both bands.

Now that the meeting was over everyone started to leave. I stayed seated. I wanted to process everything before having to get ready for the show. But when the door finally closed I wasn't alone. My eyes met another pair of eyes right across from me at the table and his voice broke the silence...

"Why did you even come back here?"