Chapter 1

Welcome back! Hattie the Hat Lord here, and welcome to the first chapter of Into the Walls! Sorry about how little screen time Link had in the Prologue, I find it a bit hard to write him, mainly because he's a blank slate, and you can literally make him into anyone you want (except, you can't make him into a villain). Maybe it's just me, but that's a bit hard to work off of, I mean, You only get two traits! He's lazy and he's heroic, that's not enough to go off of! oh well, I'll figure out how to write him eventually. Anyway, Let's get on with the story, shall we?

Disclaimer: LoZ is not mine, even though it would be awesome if it was. Unfortunately, all I own is my OC's, plot twists, alternative stories, and awkwardness in the story.

Chapter 1

I was pinned against the wall, eyes shut as tight as they could, when I heard a voice.

"Um, hey Arynn. Are you okay?" I open my eyes and look around for them, but they were nowhere in sight. Instead, I see my best friend.

"Uh, hi, Jeremy. I'm fine, really" I said as he pulls me up from the floor. I study his face, which always seemed to captivate me.

He had stunning bright green eyes and dirty blonde hair. His features were handsome and sharp, as if a lense of a microscope was focused on him. The thing that I couldn't understand about him is why he hung out with me. He could just as easily been in with the popular kids, but instead he hung out with a nerdy, anti-social girl who was probably the biggest dork on the planet.

"What were you doing, anyway?" He asked, seeming uncertain that this was a good question. "N-nothing special." I reply, almost matching his uncertainty. How was I supposed to lie to him when I can't even lie to myself?

The look on his face was strange, like a mix of confusion and sadness, but I didn't ask him about it, and he didn't say anything about it. Instead, he looked down at the floor. "Okay. You'd better get to class, passing time is almost over."

"Y-yeah, okay." I replied sadly. Obviously not ready to leave, we parted ways and went to our classrooms. This is what I was talking about, why does Jeremy even talk to me? All conversations become awkward when I get involved in them. I don't know why, but I just can't think of what to say about anything. I don't hate talking, I'm just horrible at it.

I start walking to class, but then I freeze. I looked around, staring at the empty hallways, but saw nothing. I shrugged it off and started walking again, but then I heard something. It was high pitched screeching noise, almost a scream, but not human. I once again looked around and found nothing. I started to run, feeling unsafe here.

It took about a minute to get to class, since it was on the other side of the building. It was Math, one of the worst classes. Not only do I not like the subject, the teacher is, well, mean. He knows how terrified I am of attention, but he always calls on me or, like right now, tells the whole class a lecture when I, or anyone for that matter, is late. It's like he wants to humiliate me.

I take a deep breath, and push the door open. "Arynn Lychester, You're late, again. That's the third time this week." He turned to the class, and everyone starts glaring at me. I just stand in the doorway, wincing.

"Can anyone tell me why it's so important to get to class on time?" He paused for a second, then continued. "No one?" He walked over to his desk, then pounded his hands down on it. "The reason, Miss Lychester," He said as he sneered at me. "It's because school is important, you need to learn to get a job, you need to learn to succeed in life. Don't say that math isn't important, because it is. It will help you in life, you'll see. Having said that, Miss Lychester, please join the rest of the class."

I walked as quickly to my seat as I could, ignoring the glares and snickers of my classmates. The day after that went surprisingly fast. Science wasn't hard, Humanities was a breeze, Band was awesome, and Spanish was okay I guess. The day was pretty easy, as far as school goes. Nothing went wrong, until I got home. That's when my disaster of a day started.

So, I'm just gonna make you wait to see what happens next. Mwahahahahahaha, I'm so evil, even though you're probably used to cliffhangers by now. so now i just look like a dork, great. Also, and I forgot to say this last time, I would love to hear your opinions about my writing, but please, constructive criticism. Probably the worst thing you can do is tell me I'm doing something completely wrong and then not tell me how to fix it. Until next time, Hat's off to you!