Prologue

Drawing of  Emilie and Jeff from MoonAster 

If you want to check her art, here is her Tumblr: rainoverthemoon.tumblr.com

Thank you so much!

*******************

I am the one hiding under your bed.
I am the monster you're afraid of, when you're trying to fall asleep.
I am the one who will enjoy watching your miserable life ends.

Can you feel me? Can you acknowledge my presence?
No, you can't. You're too blind to notice me watching you in the dark.

The genuine smile displayed on your face earlier finally disappears, and is replaced by the salty tears driven by your fear of what could happen if someone had entered your room. But it's already too late, as I'm already there, ready to make you suffer. I will start by stabbing you in the chest, oh but not near your heart. I don't want you to die so soon, because the game has just begun. My game has just begun.

Finally, you're screaming. You have finally noticed me. Screaming louder every second, hoping that someone will come and save you from the hideous sight of death itself, in front of you.

But no one can save you.
As no one can save me.

I slice open your chest, eager to see your insides. Your heart has already stopped beating, I knew you would be a disappointment. Your blood is everywhere and your organs spilled out on the floor, driving me even more insane. This lovely sight providing me more joy and pleasure than a human being can feel, and a hysteric laugh escapes my carved mouth.

I then cut your two cheeks, giving you a permanent smile. You're so much different, no more happiness in your eyes but only one thing: Fear. Like the stupid lamb you are.

I exit your small house, enveloping myself in the shadow of the night. Lurking around and around, ready to find my next unwilling victim of the night. I will kill until the sun rises, I will kill until no life around me can be heard. Because that's who I am. A heartless killer, without mercy nor pity.

Fear me. Fight me. Run from me. But don't ever look behind you, cause I will be there.