43. Battle and Realization (1/2)

Hi guys! I hope you're going to like this (really important) chapter. As it is a really long one, I chose to cut it in two parts. Like that, if you don't want to read everything in a row, that's easier :)
Please, tell me what you think of it! It's the first time I write a battle chapter, and I don't know if that was okay.
Enjoy,
Xx

************
Emilie's pov

When I wake up, the first thing that hits me is the cold wind entering the place making my body shaking. My sore knees hurt me, and my mind is blurry. I can't think straight, nor can I move or open my eyes. I even have something covering my mouth. I don't know where I am, who I am and what I'm doing anymore. I feel lost in my blurry state, and it seems like an eternity since I've been able to move.
After some long moments which seem like hours to me, I finally feel again. I feel my dizzy head, and the strings that are preventing my legs and hands to move. I'm attached somewhere, and I'm starting to remember. I've been kidnapped...again. But this time, it can be more dangerous.

With all my strength, I try to move my members, without success. I finally succeed in opening my eyes, but I'm granted with darkness. I can't see anything, but by the cracking sounds and the mildew smell I can figure out I'm in a sort of basement.

Then, I start to hear a voice. Well, multiple voices to be exact. I can't hear what they are saying, but one of the voice is really angry, and it sends shiver down my spine. I recognize the voice immediately. It's Jeff's insane voice, which means that I'm still near him and that he's going to kill. With courage, I try to make as many noises as possible, in hope that he'll hear me and save me. I move my legs against the wall, creating a loud bang sound, and I'm trying to scream under the tissue on my mouth.

Suddenly, the voices stop. Then, I hear movements, and I pray for them to be Jeff's. When the door bursts open, I take a lot of time for my eyes to adjust at the sudden light. But when I do, I'm not granted by Jeff. A man is his 40's, with deep blue eyes and white hair is walking towards me. He has a strict and serious face, and I get further to the wall by instinct.
Without a word, he takes my arm rudely and gets me up, before leading me to a big room. I figure out we're still in the big shed, and that I haven't been unconscious for long.

The man throws me to the ground, in a corner of the room. There, I can see everything.

The first person I see is Peter, attached to a chair on my left. He has blood everywhere on him; his shoulder is bleeding and he has a bad cut on his cheek. He hasn't open his eyes since my arrival, and hasn't move at all. He seems...dead. I know he isn't, because I can see his chest moving up and down rapidly. But he looks like a death person. He's so white, and he's not full of life like before. He's...broken.
They broke him. They tortured him. He lost his hopes.
I have started to cry before realizing it. Peter. My Peter. My love. My everything.
They destroyed him, because of me.

It is hard detaching my eyes of him, but another man gets my attention. In front of me is Jeff, already full of blood too. But it's not his own. He has his scary face on, ready to kill at everyone on his way. He has a tight grip on his knife, and three bodies already lay next to him. He is watching someone, another man I've never seen before.

With glasses, a huge scar across his whole face and a fake sweet smile on, I shiver just by looking at him. He is the incarnation of evil itself, and I already guess he's the brain of all this.

I feel lost. Sick. Scared. The vision of blood everywhere repulses me, but I know I have to be strong.
The man who leads me here lay next to me, on the ground where I still am, and grab my neck. I can't move alone now, all I have to do is obey and watch the scene in front of me.