Chapter 11

"You think that this is over?" the man chuckled as he kept on pointing the gun on Yunho. The other tried to show that he was not intimidated at all by this. He was obligated to keep his calm for the sake of his beloved Jae. But he was confused....confused of what was going on. Was that the man that lit the fire in the building which nearly cost Jae's life? Was he to be blamed for this catastrophe?

"Get out of the way...now!"the leader tried somehow to end things peacefully in the most possible way. Jae was already losing the fight with his wounds and if he didn't hurry then... then all this running and frustration would have been in total vain. "I don't care who you are, or what your intentions are...but get out of the fucking way, now!"

"Yunnie...." a fainting voice echoed from behind but Yunho didn't turn. His eyes were spitting fire and piercing that dark figure in front of him. If that man was truly the one at fault... he tightened his fists, ignoring all the pain that shot his nerves.

"Not caring at all brought you here..." the cold voice replied and Jaejoong could see that disgusting grin even if his consciousness was failing him..

Gunshot.

Another one,

And then another and another....

The stinky smell of gunpowder....

And then....silence.

Absolute and deafening silence...

"NOOOOO!" the silence of the night was broken with the scream as Jae was shot from his bed, straight up. He glanced around. "Yun?" he whispered with a trembling voice; one that belonged to a little kid that had just lost his innocence and was desperate to get it back. The boy swallowed hard as the pain from his wounds was coming back. Why was that happening now? Why did he have to go through this pain all by himself? Even the nightmares had become unbearable over the days. They either had to do with that incidence or with Yunho; watching him walking away and following a path that Jae was unable to keep up with. His limbs were denying any kind of movement and even his voice was weakening every time the young boy was begging for his partner to stop and return back to him.

Jaejoong stood up and reached for his t-shirt from the nearby chair. Slow and unsteady steps brought him to the bedroom's window. It was half open so the air could be refreshed. It was summer after all and the temperature was kept up high even during the nights. He leaned against it and watched the stars with a bitter look. It was a beautiful place, where they had taken him. Countryside, he was much of a city boy but he could never deny the beauty of a crystal clear sky and the nature around him. Xiah had this good idea of them spending some time away form the annoying cities and find a secret place where only them would know of. There, if truly someone was after Jae, no one would be able to find them and disturb them. It was something like personal vocation with the expiring date unknown.

A long sigh was released from his lips as his head was brought down, heavy as it felt form the burden of all the tears that he was about to let escape. They all cared about him; his health, mental and physical. They all wanted him to smile, go back to his usual self...But they couldn't understand, the longer Yunho was staying away, the more lost Jae would feel and be. His sobs could be heard, he wouldn't hide anything anymore even if his only witnesses were the stars above. The man reached out is hand, as if he wanted to grab one of those glimmering orbs and bring them down to this filthy world; maybe their light would bring some warmth to his heart and hope would be once again born. HIs silver ring; the promise that he was holding onto so tight.

"Bring him back to me..." he pleaded in the dark, voice shuttered and eyes red like the fire that was burning him from deep inside. "Bring Yunnie back to me and I will give my life to you. Please..." he brought his hands in unison as his glance was tossed up to the constellations. "You burn for an eternity, you seem so close yet you are so far away...my pain is equal to yours. I want to be next to him. I want to feel his warmth and live with it. I want to shine because of him..." he took a deep breath, to hold back the tears that were streaming down his face. "Please...save me...What should I do? HOW CAN I STOP THE PAIN?" he screamed. He screamed with all his might; he screamed until he fell on the floor, hugging his knees as he brought them close to his chest. He would give up a life of fame and singing for him. He would give up all of his annoying habits just to have him back. He would give up on life it self to get Yunho back.