Chapter 9

Chapter 9

“N

o way, something like that would have happened…”
“But I am telling you. I saw it with my very own eyes…—”
“The same eyes when you saw that alien in Tokyo, Junsu?” both Micky and Max laughed but Xiah didn’t seem to be just as amused.
“Hey!” he protested with arms crossed upon his chest. “You would be just as confused as I was if it was that dark…The guy was wearing freaking tentacles over his head!”
“Yeah, yeah..” Yoochun patted his friend’s back and chuckled when their attention was caught by a soft moaning.
“Jae!” Max said in a cheerful tone and ran to the bed where their friend was laid upon. Immediately the other two followed him.
“Wha-… what’s going on?” the poor young man asked, dizzy as he was, trying really hard to sit up on the stiff mattress. Junsu stopped him by holding his one arm gently.
“Lay down… the doctors said that you must rest. You had a rough night.”
“Yeah…my back hurts…actually…my whole body hurts” Jae spoke faintly as he laid back and from his lips a soft sigh of pain was released.
Changmin sat on the chair close to the med bed, while Xiah made his self-comfortable next to Jaejoong and Micky simply stood still, troubled and staring at the window.
“You didn’t go through a little, hyung. ” Changmin said as he held in his hands the T.V‘s remote control. “Doctor said that you were very lucky to make it—”
“Oi! ” Yoochun’s voice forced both Max and Xiah to look at him. “Will you leave the man alone, already? He needs rest and not to be terrorized by words!” Changmin and Junsu glanced at each other. He was right. Jaejoong went through hell last night and it was a miracle that he got out of it with just a few scratches and some low degree burns. He was alive and that mattered the most.
“Yoochun…it’s alright…” Jae spoke with a soft chuckle and patted Max’s upper arm and turned to Xiah. “You are all here, thank you for that.”
“There was no way we wouldn’t be here, Jaejoong! After all—“
“Yoochun? What’s the matter?” Jae interrupted Xiah and in an instance everyone turned to their friend.  But no reply reached them. Micky simply waved his hand, grabbed his jacket and got out of the room.
“I’ll go and talk to him.” Junsu comforted the worried Jae and left the room, leaving his hyung with Changmin.
“Changmin?”
“Hm?”.
“You all came here, right?” Jae tried once again to sit on the bed and for just a moment he nearly made it, before whimpering a little.
“Hey, hey… lay back…” the youngster tried to push his hyung back but with no luck.
“I am fine, Changmin…” he chuckled and cleared his throat a little.
“Alright, as you say so. What did you want to ask? ”
“Where is Yunho?”

“Hey you…why did you storm out so suddenly?”
“HE is going to ask questions in a while…” Micky sat on one of the seats on the waiting room and covered his face with both hands. “What are we going to tell him? Huh?”
Junsu sighed loudly and shrugged as he took a seat next to his friend. “You know what? Of course he is going to ask…. We can’t… we can’t prevent that from happening, can we now? After all, he is his partner in life…” Xiah’s eyes fell on Micky who was lost in deep thought.
“Yeah…you are right—Hey!” he jumped up as Xiah’s fist landed on his shoulder really roughly.
“You knew it! All this long you knew that Jae and Yunho were in a relationship!” in no time, Micky covered his friend’s mouth with his palm and placed a finger over his own lips.
“Keep it down! It’s no need for the entire hospital to know that! Aish!”
“You should have told me! We always tell each other everything!” Junsu kept on complaining despite his friend’s warning. “tell you everything and you simply ignore me!”
“Jun, it’s not like that...”
“No! I can’t believe it! Is that the trust you show me?”
“I promised to both of them not to tell a soul about it! How did you found out?”
“As if I tell you!” he shook his head and stood up ready to leave both the floor and the hospital.
“Hey, hey!” Micky jumped up and grabbed his shoulder. “What’s all this commotion about? I don’t understand…” one step in front of Xiah and his both hands held onto the other’s upper arms. “Talk to me…”
Junsu remained silent for a little while, before letting out a deep sigh and lowering his eyes. Truth was that he had kept a secret for far too long…almost eight years now. He was worried that if Micky knew then…what they had, this friendship of theirs would be destroyed once and for all…and he couldn’t lose Micky. He was his best friend…his…”You truly want to know?” he whispered and bit his bottom lip before cornering both of his lips.
“Of course. If I don’t know what’s going in there--” he knocked on Xiah’s temple teasingly with a low chuckle “then who’s gonna?”
Silence was the reply…silence and then a kiss… Not a passionate or one of an unfair game.. No… it was a slow one; just a soft brushing of lips; just a small taste of what it would be to kiss day and night that mouth and never get enough of it. Xiah’s cheeks were burning and his hands were trembling. Once he realized how great his mistake was, he pulled back and bowed in front of Yoochun. “Forgive me…” the words were struggling to leave his mouth and since Micky said nothing, the young man turned his back and walked away. He didn’t run… he was in no haste. He knew Micky… He knew that he wasn’t going to be chased after. After all, Junsu was not Micky’s Jae…