Hold down Hell now

Since there was no time to waste Elijah had made all necessary arrangements for Elena and him to leave M. Falls that same evening.

He listened to Rebekah and Kol's bickering, and Klaus coming between them. He loved them in his own way, and would never wish any real harm fall upon them, but he also knew that they would not stay together in one house for a long time. He thought of Klaus and his desire to control everything. He knew that would never give up on keeping things his way. Elijah then thought of the oath they pledged to one another so many centuries ago, and it seemed all well and good, but when it came to sticking to it, somehow it felt it didn't seem to hold any weight, as he had already found that Finn had no problem to turn his back on it. It was a moment of honesty and clarity. This was a family that will always have a dark cloud hanging over them, as they were volatile beings. He understood Esther's motive to rid the world of them, this abomination that she put on this Earth. But as all beings, he wanted to live. His thoughts swayed now to Elena. Her life was not her own. She was a magical being as well. The blood that ran through her veins. Being the doppelganger.

She saved him. But why? What was her real motivation? Everything Klaus put her through made clear why she wanted rid of him. He could not blame her for that. He knew his brother all too well. His dark heart had only one aim. He was determined not to let him follow through with his intent to build an army of hybrids.

Now he sat down at the desk and wrote several letters out. Then he looked at the clock. It was nearly time to meet Esther in the woods. His phone buzzed and he saw a from Bonnie, notifying him that she was ready.

On the other side of town, Elena was packing. She looked around her room to see if there was something she had forgot. She would lie if she said that all this was not a precipitate decision. She was putting her life into the hands of this vampire once again. Is this a goodbye from her life in Mystic Falls? Strangely her heart said it was so.

Sighing she now looked at the clock and then her phone. She switched the light off and went out of her room. As got to the hall there was a knock on the door. She opened it. Elijah's confidante politely said that he was there to take her to the nearest local airport. Elena nodded a little. The man picked her bag up, she put her coat on. She locked the doors of her family house and stood for a second looking at the door and the porch. Then, out of nowhere, Stefan appeared, surprised to see her with a backpack and a strange man waiting for her at the SUV.

"What is going on, Elena? Where are you going?"-he asked.

"I have decided to visit Jeremy... I need a break, away from all this."- she said and surprised herself how cool she was lying to him.

"Tonight?! I guess, you are not the one who is willing to stay and cheer that finally you will be rid of Klaus and his family,"-

"I just need time to myself. After everything that happened last night...." -

"This is because of Damon, right? I guess this is a small town. It's Damon... he lashes out, and Rebekah took advantage of his weakness."

"Rebekah and Damon?!"- Elena said and smirked- " I should have known"- it actually wasn't a surprise to hear that he would do something like that."

"Ah....oh... sorry, you didn't kno-"- Stefan then realized that he put a foot in his mouth.

"It's fine, Stefan, it really is. Last night-"-Elena paused for a second -"a lot of things became so very clear to me, what my life is and what it will always be. I thought about everything- friends, family - you helped me a lot, and so did Damon, but I have to.... ahm... go- " - she nearly slipped that she was not going away to see Jeremy, but she knew that Stefan would not understand why she chose to tell Elijah all and stop the ritual. He was very clear about his feelings regarding Klaus, and if it meant he was to die, he would sacrifice himself. Her demeanor was unusual, but whatever she had decided, he promised he would respect her decisions. He then simply said: