No regret

Feride, a fellow reincarnated witch, worked in finding the other two witches, who also bore a small birthmark that represented five celestial objects they pulled the powers from as they were the metamorphoses of one's being.

 Lia bore the mark of sceptre for Venus, Feride the mark of shield and spear for Mars, the other three would have the globe for Earth, caduceus for Mercury, and sickle for Saturn.Together they would complete the circle of power, so together when linked they could withstand any creature black magic would bring forth. Her efforts seemed futile for the moment. Although both she and Lia knew all about black magic- they vowed not to use it, as then those who do could use their powers or manipulate them through that channel. 

She left the small bunch of sacred herbs on the grave of the witch's ancestors in a place near Nebra in Germany. She then sent a message to Lia notifying her that she would stay a day or two longer to see if the witch might contact her. She added finally that she was happy to heart that the doppelganger was safe with at her home.

****************************

Elijah not having answered to Klaus' call made him toss the phone away.

"Too busy with the doppleganger, are we, brother dear..?!."- he siffted to himself. One of his men came into the room, with very good news. They had found the witch they were looking for.

"Good- at least something has gone right. Just do not tell me that you haven't brought her in?!"

" She is waiting for You in the lobby."

"And why is that?! Get out of my sight. I always have to do all by myself. " - he took off to get the witch.

A girl in her late twenties waited in the lobby, being duped that she would meet an investor for her project. Klaus came up to her introducing himself politely.

" Zora Jelic-" - she said holding her hand out. They shook hands, and the coldness of his touch kicked an unpleasant pulse in her.

"Shall we discuss business?"- his devilish charm could sway even the most suspicious. She agreed and he suggested a late supper.

*********************************

Elijah moved his arm out from under Elena's head, she just moved slightly to adjust to the pillow he put under it. It became light and he found it was time to talk to Lia alone. He straightened his shirt a bit, and put his jacket on, glanced at Elena who continued sleeping serene.

Lia was preparing herself breakfast when he ventured in the kitchen.

"Good morning"- she said in a friendly manner expecting to see him. " May I offer you something? I have some fresh blood for you, or maybe tea or coffee?."

"Thank you, tea. I see you are preparing Earl Grey yourself."

" Tea it is."- she said. He took a seat at a long wooden table made out of ancient cork oak. She served the tea and poale'n brau, traditional sweet buns that looked like little gift wrappings.

He sipped the tea a s did Lia who now awaited his questions.

" I must admit I haven't yet met somebody as prepared as you are."- Elijah then said.

" I guess there is a first for everything. Why don't we discuss what is really on your mind, namely your brother."-Lia said, and those who knew her very well would say that she was a person who didn't beat around the bush.

" By killing your brother, I would be hurting you, and if I hurt you, that would mean hurting Elena, and I cannot have that."

" I do appreciate your frankness."-he said. And she continued in the same manner.