Us

Lia Vladu received a message from her friend in Istanbul that the Dacian scrolls had been acquired by no other than the Original vampire by the name Elijah Mikaelson.

"So, we finally get to meet."- she muttered to herself and put the phone beside her computer, and went on with the preparations for her lectures.

************************

Elijah helped Elena step out of the motorboat onto the dock. The moment she was on ground she let his hand go like as if was burned by fire. She looked at him and then said:

"Can we skip dinner? I am not that hungry!"

He was not surprised by this as she was quiet during the boat ride.

"All right"  he said looking at her indicating that he she was free to speak her mind. She then said with no further ado:

"I'd like to know exactly what your plan is! " it sounded like a bold demand, to which Elijah calmly suggested, "Shall we take a walk?!

He gestured to her which direction to take "Please", and as they started walking he continued, " I had been looking for the Dacian scrolls for centuries. It  apparently contains a story of a werewolf hybrid that lived once long ago, " After Klaus and I each went our separate ways and I had learned that he did away with my siblings, I was looking for ways to - well, you know-"

"Kill Klaus- or put him to sleep?!" Elena concluded.

"So, he would not be able to trigger his werewolf side ever, so I decided to follow up on the rumor. But they were not to be found - and then " he looked at her with a strange mixture of pain and caring. His thought wandered to the moment he first heard that a doppelganger appeared, and then to their first meeting.

Elena broke his daze by questioning how convenient it was that the scrolls appeared at this very moment.

"When we were on the plane I had received a message from one of my sources that in fact The Dacian scrolls were in Italy. Yes, Elena, one would find it rather mystifying - not before, but now-"

"This is too good to be true, don't you think, maybe someone is setting this up?!" she couldn't help but cast a shadow on it.

"Or maybe the stars are aligned and things can work out in our favour." he said playfully.

"Yes - well, I guess if there are doppelgangers and vampires, than I can believe in aligned stars, or the guy who verified them lied and we are on a wild goose chase, but how come you believe those scrolls are real when the sun and the moon curse was your invention?!"

"We will know that when we see Lia Vladu. A story is also that the scrolls contain witches spells, and that they are cursed apparently, it is said that witches trying to read those spells died. I am willing to find out if it so, aren't you?!"

"When are we leaving for Romania then?" Elena was now eager to find out what the truth was behind the story of the scrolls.

"Tomorrow. First thing.in the morning" Elijah said.

"Right." Elena retorted slightly miffed, trying to hide her disappointment in him.

"I would have disclosed all this to you after we returned from dinner" he said, but it seemed a tad bit late.

She stopped still. Then looked at him, her almond eyes beaming at him - " I have not played fair either in the past, but now, since I have left M.Falls and kind of made a choice to trust you to help me with Klaus, leverage or no leverage"- she stuttered a bit, " I - "

"Yes, Elena?"

She felt his eyes now probed down into her very soul- it transported her directly to the moment of their conversation at the Lockwood mansion.It said -you know it all Elena.She knew she mattered to him, but she wondered if what she read in his eyes then and here now could just be a figment of her imagination. It was about Katherine, she would tell herself, and after he had betrayed her and let Klaus live, she shut any thought of him down.
The moment she heard that Damon undaggered him, the thoughts crept back up. And then after he had saved her from Rebekah's fury, the night he listened attentively all about what she had been through with Klaus after he put him to sleep, that night rehashed something in her, that something that drew her to him. Yet her being focused on having Klaus killed made her lie to him at the Ball. But nothing was easy anymore, it got even more confusing. Now she knew that by hurting him she would be hurting herself. Could he read all this from her heartbeat, she wanted to say, instead she uttered: