Sunrise and Moonset

A few weeks later, Venice, Italy

Zusta welcomed Elena warmly as she entered the Palazzo.

"Welcome back, Kontessa."

Elena smiled a little and responded pleasantly, "Good to see you too, Zusta."

"I have already prepared all." the housekeeper continued as they walked up the stairs to the Salon.

"Thank you." Elena said warmly as both of them walked in the vast exquisite room.

Elena stood still for a second. The memories of her walking into this Palazzo and in particular this room came shooting in, making her heart shake. When she first arrived, she felt like she then was a girl from a small town, having dreamt of the big wide world, crazy adventures. How drastically all changed in such a short amount of time. She was not just Elijah's guest anymore. She was a Mikaelson, by marriage, the ritual that made her into a creature that now was magical, strong, vampire-like, and yet she was not one.

"Would you like to have your supper here, Kontessa?" Zusta asked, breaking Elena's thoughts.

The doppelganger now turned to the housekeeper. "Not just yet. I need to make some phone calls. I am sorry- can we talk later?!"

"Si, Kontessa." the housekeeper nodded a little.

"Please don't call me-" Elena paused as she knew that Zusta would still continue calling her Kontessa, no matter what she'd say, "I will come to the kitchen in a little while. Thank you."

The housekeeper nodded curling a little smile and then went about her business. As she closed the doors behind her, she took a long silent breath, then walked over to the windows overlooking the Grand Canal.

It felt good being back in the Palazzo. Strangely this place felt like home. She needed to feel grounded again.

'Adventure' she muttered. She now thought of Elijah and everything that occurred after their union was sealed. With a small sight she took her phone and pressed the speedial.

Not long after she heard a familiar voice answer, "How are you? How was your trip?"

"All right. Tell me- what's happened?"

"The wolves made a deal with Dragan. Klaus has become their leader." Lia replied.

"Elijah?" Elena asked, her stomach churning painfully at the thought of her husband.

"I don't know anything still." the witch replied."I will let you know as soon as I find out more."

"Right. Talk to you later." Elena inhaled deeply and hung up. Tears now welled up in her eyes, and she brushed them away, turning around with a resolve, the promise to Elijah that she will be brave.

Elena put the phone down on the side table. She looked around the room. "Elijah- I so miss you."

Her look dropping at the ring on her finger, flashing back to their first night together after the conjunction ritual.

Flashback

"The night is yours" Lia said as the conjunction ritual was done. Leaving them behind, the witch went her way. 

As they were still in Cluj, Elijah made arrangement with one of his confidantes to prepare the best house for Elena and him in the neighbouring village.

And so, they arrived to a beautiful house adorned with flowers, the most luxurious silks and most lavish dinner prepared for them. Elena looked around like she walked into a dream.