CHAPTER-21(Tired)

I woke up to a really bad feeling. I went to the washroom and stood in front of the sink. I felt like my stomach was flipping. Then I threw up. But I threw up... Blood. Not vomit.

"Babes, are you alright", Harry asked knocking the washroom door.

"Yeah, I-I am fine", I said wiping my face and opening the door. I felt another sensation. But this time I felt like I was about to faint so I ran to my bed and sat there.

"Are you sure you're alright", Harry asked.

"Yes, Harry, I'm sure", I replied a little annoyed by the questions.

"I am going to take a shower", I shout.

***

After my shower I looked at myself in the mirror. I was.... Paler you could say. I shrugged it off and got dressed and went to have breakfast.

"Its pancakes, Eve", Brad said. I sat on the chair and saw my food coming. I looked at my plate full of pancakes. I held the fork and knife in my hand. But dropped it.

"I don't feel like eating", I said and stood up.

"But you love pancakes", El said.

"El, I'm not hungry", I replied.

"You don't look yourself today", Brad said.

"I'm not myself today", I replied. "I just need some time alone. I'm going for a walk", I added.

***

I went outside around 15 minutes ago. I was just walking around. I couldn't walk fast. I don't understand why. So I started to think. Everything. How I used to be. I always used to read. I was a nerd. Not with the spectacle and braces kinda nerd. Always getting good grades kinda nerd. How I always wanted to be a photographer. How my 16th birthday was celebrated. The 4 years I spent raising Darcy. The time I left for Australia. The way Harry kisses me. Our first date. 4 years I spent without Harry. The way Harry loves me and Darcy. The way he takes care of us. Brad, my elder brother, my protective brother. El, her scolding, her making me realise what I am missing in life. This was my life. I felt like I was losing them.

Then it started raining. I walked back home slowly. But I felt like I couldn't walk anymore. So I ran so that if anything happens to me happens at home.

***

"Eve, why are you so wet", Harry asked. El and Brad started laughing.

"God, Harry, people can take it in the wrong way", I said.

"You know what I meant", Harry said.

"Its raining outside. I am going to my room. I am a little tired", I replied.

***

"She's ill I guess", someone said. A familiar voice. Harry's.

"She hasn't been acting like herself from the morning", it was Brad.

"Give her some time. She'll tell us on her own", this was El.

"I'm awake if you guys haven't realised yet", I said.

"Mommy, you'le awake", Darcy exclaimed.

"Yes, Darce, I'm awake", I replied. I had the same feeling in my stomach that I had in the morning.

"Move", I shout and ran to the washroom. I vomit again. Blood vomit.

"Eve", Harry gasps.

"Evelyn why the hell didn't you tell us that you're vomitting blood", Brad shouts at me.

"I'm sorry. I was scared", I replied.

"Mommy", Darcy cried.

"I'm taking you to the doctor right now", Harry said.

"Guys, don't panic. It'll just make the situation worse", El said.

"El's right", I replied. We all sat.

"Okay, Darcy is gonna be with me and Brad while Harry takes Eve to the doctor", El said.

*At the doctor's*

"We have to get some tests done before we can go to any conclusions", the doctor said.

We went to have the tests done.

"Okay, the results will come in a few days", the doctor said and we went to back home.

*Few days later*

"What does the reports say doc", Harry asked.

"I have bad news", doctor said.

"What is it", I asked impatiently.

"You have cancer", he said.

_______________________________________________

Hahaha Cliffhanger!!!

Vote/ Comment

Hope you liked it.

Love

Shuchi xoxo