Agent Woods and Loki

"So Catherine, you're back already?" asked Loki not really meeting her eyes.

"Even vile men like you get lunch." said Catherine. She somewhat throws the tray through the doors opening.

"I long for Asgardian cuisine." he picked up a piece of bread that was hard as a rock. "You need teeth of a thousand beast to consume this," he threw it back down.

"Aww, but you'll make Hulk sad he made it just for you," Catherine says sarcastically. "Well, now I have to go," Catherine starts to walk away.

"Wait," said Loki. Catherine stops and turns around to him. "Why don't you use those smarts of yours in a game of chess?" Catherine was hesitant at first. She knew that it was against protocol. But, she thought why not.

"Alright, one game," said Catherine. It ended up being more than one game. Everyday she would return to play a game of chess with Loki. Sometimes they wouldn't play chess they would just talk. Catherine started to develop feelings for Loki.

Loki didn't know what to think. He started feeling something towards Catherine. Loki even wondered why Catherine would come and play chess with him. Let alone talk to him. After all he did try to rule over Midgard. One day Catherine came into his cell with a chess board. She set up the board and they played for a few minutes. Loki finally ask.

"Why do you visit me?" Catherine looks up at Loki. She gives him a gentle smile.

"Even though I know it is against protocol. I don't really care. Because, you're actually a really nice guy for someone who tried to destroy the world," Loki smiles at Catherine. Then he moves a piece on the board.

"Check mate. And, thank you for being here." Catherine blushes as she puts the game up. She takes the game and walks out of the cell. She locks it back up and walks towards the door. As she leaves Loki peeks out and watches her.

Catherine walks out to the base of the helicarrier. Nick Fury is standing right at the door.

"Report agent Woods."

"Prisoner still locked up sir. No escape." Fury gave a slight nod before stepping closer to her.

"What were you doing?" Catherine clenches her jaw, appearing otherwise unfazed.

"What do you mean sir? I was doing my job. I was checking on the prisoner. Just like you assigned me to do."

"Yes, but you were in there for a longer time than needed to check on a prisoner," Catherine looks at Nick Fury shocked and not knowing what to say. "You know that communicating with him is prohibited."

"Yes sir, I am aware of that," Nick Fury nods at Catherine and walks off. Catherine let's out a sigh and walks off.

The next day Catherine went back to Loki's cell. Loki beams up seeing her. He looks into her eyes and sees that something is wrong. "Whatever is the matter Catherine?" asked Loki with concern.

"I came to say goodbye," said Catherine as she tries to hold back tears. Loki was shocked to hear about this. Catherine runs out of the cell room and back to her quarters. Loki was confused he then sees a glowing from the corner. There was his staff. He summons his staff to himself. He leaves the cell quickly with a clone in his place. He gets to Catherine quarters. He walks to her on the bed.

"Why did you run off? Why must you say goodbye?" Loki looks on the bed and sees a suitcase. "Are you leaving?"

"Yes, I don't want to leave. But I might have to."

"Why?"

"Because.... because of my feelings for you Loki," Loki puts his staff down and moves closer to Catherine. He caresses her cheek. And looks her in the eyes. Loki then kisses her. Catherine is shocked for a moment but kisses him back. She wraps her arms around his neck as he puts his arms around her waist.

They leave the room hand in hand. Loki then uses his staff to transport them off the helicarrier to the earth below. Then, guided by their fiery love they ran into the night together knowing eventually they would be caught. But, they didn't care. They held each other tightly till the sun rises. He kissed her forehead showing her how much he loved her. She looks up at him. "Where will we go from here?" asked Catherine. Loki thinks for a minute.

"We definitely cannot go to Asgard. We can't go to your apartment they will surely be there already. We have nowhere to hide. UNLESS!"

"Unless what?" She says with the few last shreds of hope.

"I can change our appearances." He waves his staff over her and changes her beautiful blond locks into raven black straight hair, her beautiful plump lips into almost nothing, and her stunning blue eyes into a green shell of what they once were. The staff disappears from his hand making it impossible for him to change himself or her back. The helicarrier flies above them with a light shining on only him. "Goodbye my love," he says for the last time before they take him away.

For many, many months they searched for Catherine in vain. After a year she was pronounced dead. But, now she had not only her to worry about, but their daughter....Lillie.