The New Agent

After a few weeks Lillie and Valinomia became immediate best friends. They spent a lot of time together. They got to know each other very well. Lillie for once felt like she had a companion again. One that doesn't judge her or care about her origins.

One day Thor walks into Lillie's room with big news to tell. Lillie and Valinomia were watching videos on her laptop. Lillie looks up and sees Thor. "Hi Uncle Thor," Lillie waves at him. Thor smiles he was happy to see Lillie happy. "Is there something you needed?"

"Yes actually," Thor responded. "Would you mind leaving us for a moment Valinomia?"

"Yeah, I have to get back anyway," Valinomia said standing up. "Bye Lillie," she waves walking out. Lillie waves back then looks back at Thor.

"There is a new agent I would like you to meet," an agent walks out from behind Thor. She had long, straight brown hair with dark brown eyes that almost looked black. She was already in uniform and looked to be only nineteen.

"Hi Lillie it's so nice to finally meet you," the new agent said walking over to Lillie. "My name is Caren," she holds out her hand.

"Hi," Lillie takes her hand. Lillie stares at her for a moment. 'She looks almost familiar' Lillie thought to herself. There was something to her eyes. Not the color but look in them. Almost as if she has seen the gleam that laid in them before. After they shake hands Caren takes a step back to Thor's side. "Why did you want me to meet this agent, Uncle Thor?"

"Well, she is going to be watching over you," Lillie was raises a brow and crosses her arms.

"Excuse me."

"She will be watching over you so nothing will happen to you. It's for your protection," Lillie frowns and rolls her eyes. "I'll leave you two to get....aquainted," he then leaves the room. Caren walks over.

"Mind if I sit?" she asked. Lillie shrugs and Caren takes a seat on her bed.

"Look, I don't need some babysitter. I can take care of myself," Lillie looks down.

"Oh I know," Lillie's head pops back up.

"What?"

"I know very well you can take care of yourself. Especially, with your power that I heard about," Lillie smiles and looks back down biting her cheek a bit. "Don't think of me as a babysitter. You can think of me as friend who just really cares about you."

"Kind of like a sister?"

"Yeah something like that," Caren gives a reassuring smile. Lillie looks down and sees a silver chained necklace with a locket. The locket had a bright green gem in the middle. It seemed to be glowing almost.

"What is that?" Lillie asked pointing at the necklace. Caren looked down at the necklace.

"Oh this?" She takes the locket in her hands. "It was a gift from my family."

"It's beautiful."

"Thank you," Caren stared at it for a bit longer. Lillie can't help but see a bit of caring nature. Similar nature to that of her Mother's. This made her tear up a bit. But, she pushed the thought away. Caren looks down at her wrist that was blinking.

"I have to go now. It was nice to meet you Lillie. See you tomorrow," Caren leaves the room. Lillie waved as the door closed. She grabbed her sketch book and started to sketch the necklace Caren was wearing. 'There's something strange about her...who is she?'