Interrogation

After leaving the cell Lillie and Catherine were separated. Lillie was sent to an area, while Catherine was taken to the interrogation room.

Catherine was very familiar with the room only, she was the one interrogating not the other way around. She sits there for awhile waiting and thinking about Lillie. She worries what they will do to Lillie without her there. Or if they find out about her abilities

Fury finally walks into the room and takes his seat at the other side of Catherine. Catherine tries to keep a straight face to show she has no fear or worries. She was always taught to never show weakness. She keeps a glare on Fury, before casting her eyes down and noticing he had a file in his hand.

He lays it on the table and opens it. He pulls out a picture of Catherine when she first became a SHIELD agent.

"Agent Catherine Winnie Woods," he begins to read. "Born on March 26, 1980 at Phoenix Children's Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. Abandoned three months later. Left on the doorstep of a neighbor, the Woods. She was then adopted by Vivian and Richard Woods." Catherine held back any reaction by the mention of her late parents. "When she was nineteen she signed up to become a SHIELD agent. She became the youngest member to join by passing her tests within five months. By twenty-one she was the top field agent." Fury looks up at her. Catherine looks at him with a complete straight face and crosses her arms. "She was then given a special job of guarding a particular prisoner. That prisoner happened to be Loki. Unfortunately, she had been talking to the prisoner and spending some 'personal' time with him. She escapes with Loki in hand. Loki was taken in after finding him, but as for her she was not found and declared dead," Fury looks up at her. Catherine just continues staring back.

"Did you bring me in here just to read my file to me?" asked Catherine finally with a great hint of sarcasm.

"No, not just that part. We recently added a new part. Want to hear it?" Catherine's glare grows a bit darker as she leans back.

"Sure...why not?"

"Catherine Woods found today October 28, 2015 with a new identity. She was under the name Martha Smith and had a daughter whom she named Lillie Smith," Fury stops and looks up at Catherine. "Does she have a middle name?"

"No, because she doesn't need it. Loki told me of their cultures. I didn't want to give her a last name but they gave her my fake name. Maybe if you hadn't interfered in the first place she would have the life she is supposed to have."

"Did you think that we were going to let a criminal like him run free with a spy that went rogue?! Did you really think that Catherine?!" Fury slams his fist on the table. He then closes the file and walks over behind Catherine. He picks up the picture of her. "Do you see this? This was you when you first joined SHIELD. I remember your first day. It was like you had been working here your whole life. Remember that Catherine? The one who wouldn't break a single code or commit any violations," Catherine remains emotionless trying to ignore every word he is saying.

"People change Fury. I changed."

"I only have one question...why?" Fury walks back to the other side of the table. "Why would you do this Catherine?" Catherine looks away as she bit her inner lip. "Of all things you could have done you fall in love with...HIM?!" Catherine takes a deep breath and looks eye to eye with Fury.

"I honestly can't answer that sir..."

"WHY NOT?!"

"Because, I can't explain how I fell in love." She starts to break. "What I can tell you is that I tried to escape with him so that he could be freed and we could have a happy life together..." her voice wavers. She then stands with anger rising in her. "Lillie deserved to have her Father there for her birth! Do you know what Loki missed because of you?!" Fury looks at her as she explodes from anger and sorrow she kept hidden all these years. "He never got to hold her after she was born, he never got to see her take her first steps, and hear her first words..." Catherine stopped for a moment trying not to cry. Catherine slowly sinks back in her seat. Fury look down taking in everything she had said. Catherine lets a single tear drop fall down her cheek.

"I'm sorry to do this Catherine..." Catherine looks at Fury knowing what he was going to do.

"Please..." she whispers.

"Agent Catherine Woods you are under arrest for treason your execution date will be discussed," SHIELD agents came in and handcuffed Catherine.

"Fury, you can't do this, what about Lillie?"

"We will take care of her. We will also be sure to keep her powers under control," Catherine looked shocked.

"How do you know about her abilities?"

"We've been watching you for awhile now Catherine. We know everything and we will not let Lillie become like her mischievous, killer father or her betraying, rogue mother," Catherine glares at him as the SHIELD agents take her out of the room.

"NO...NO! YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO!! LILLIE!!!" Catherine shouted with all her might. She starts fighting more against them her training assisting her. She does a back flip kicking both of the men and landing to her feet. She is suddenly shocked from some agents behind her. They lift her up as she tries regaining her strength and her mind began racing. 'What will happen to Lillie? My baby girl...I need to get out of here.' "PLEASE LET ME SEE HER! THAT'S ALL I ASK..." Catherine begins to cry fearing that she won't see her daughter.

"STOP!" yelled a voice. The SHIELD agents stopped and turned. Catherine looked and saw Thor.

"Sir, we have orders to take her to her prison cell," said an agent. Thor walks over to Catherine. He sees the fear and sadness in her eyes. He reaches out to her, putting a hand to her shoulder. Then looks at the agents

"Let her go."

"Sir..."

"I said to let her go!" Thor shouts with anger and command coming through hi voice. "She wants to see her daughter so let her go. I will take her to Lillie and then I will have a talk with Fury," Catherine looks up at Thor with grateful eyes. The agents let her go and take the handcuffs off. They back away from Thor as Catherine hugs him tightly.

"Thank you Thor."

"You are most welcome Catherine Woods. Now come quickly and you can see Lillie before Fury finds out," Catherine nods and Thor guides her to where Lillie is kept.

Meanwhile
Lillie waited patiently with millions of thoughts going through her head. She mostly struggled to wrap around her mind that Loki, the god of mischief, was her Father. She soon thought she heard her mother screams. She looks up at the door with silence filling the room.

After a few short minutes Thor walks in with Catherine. Lillie bolts up happy and runs to Catherine "Mom!" she hugs Catherine. Catherine hugs Lillie tightly knowing this could be the last time she will ever be with her. She begins to cry on Lillie's shoulder. Lillie starts to worry hearing her mother's cries and feeling the warm tears soak to her skin. "Mom, what's wrong?" Lillie looks up at her

"Lillie..." Catherine tries to talk in between sobs. "Becau...because of me attempting to run away with Lo... your father. I am to b-b-b-be..." she couldn't bring herself to say it. She put a hand to Lillie's cheek. A loving, motherly gesture. "Lillie...just know that I love you. I love you very much."

"I love you too mom," Fury walks in with two other agents. They take Catherine away from Lillie. Catherine doesn't fight this time as they drag her away quickly and forcibly. Lillie starts to panic. "What are you doing? Let my Mom go!"

"Sorry Lillie this is what we have to do," said Fury. Fury starts walking out with the agents dragging Catherine. Lillie freezes before balling her fist and running at him.

"Let her go!" Right before she could reach him, Thor picks her up and holds her. She growls, punching at Thor's arm and struggling more. "Let me go! Mom!!" Thor grunts as she was starting to get the upper hand on him. Lillie's eyes flash as she screams out causing chairs to fling across the room towards the door and at Thor. Thor dodges a few chair and items before Lillie's screams turn to cries.

She becomes like jello in Thor's arms. Thor kneels down until both are on the ground. Lillie crying as she lays her head in his chest. She felt broken. She finally met her Father...but lost her Mother.