A New Beginning

Lillie slowly opens her eyes. Everything around her was dizzy. She slowly sits up and notices she is in a small bed. The bed creams against her weight as she pushes herself up into a sitting position. Her head starts pounding causing her to cringe at the pain. She hears the door creek open against the rusty hinges and looks up. She sees Loki coming in with a small tray. The tray seemed to be holding a small bowl with warm water and a rag. Along with a cup full of some kind of liquid. "Fa...Father," Lillie says stuttering from the pain. Loki appeared blurry and tilted slightly as he goes to her.

"I see you are awake. How are you feeling?" Loki ask putting the tray down.

"I have this awful headache," Lillie clutches her head as the pain started to get worse. Loki puts a hand to her head allowing a soothing touch to soothe her headache some. He then grabs the cup off the tray.

"Here drink this. It'll help the pain," Lillie takes a small sip from the cup. Loki puts the cup back on the tray. Lillie starts to feel a bit tired and lays back down. Loki takes the blanket and tucks her in. He then takes the rag, wrings it out, and gently placed it on her forehead.

"Father.... wher..."

"Shhh... dear you need some rest. We will talk when you wake," Lillie finally drifts off to sleep.

Couple hours later
  Lillie wakes up and looks around. Her head had stopped hurting and she felt much better. She gets out of bed taking in the sight of the old wooden walls around her. The bed was big enough for one person and had a relic quilt. The quilt smelled musty and of moth balls. She walks towards the door, the floor creaking beneath her. She opens it and starts to walk down the long hallway.

She starts to smell something really good and hears a sizzling noise. She finally walks to the end of the hall. She sees a living room in front of her and to the right she sees Loki in the kitchen. Lillie starts to quietly walk up to the kitchen while Loki's back is turn. Right as she stepped on the floor to the kitchen, the floor made a loud sound as if about to break under her feet. Loki turns around with a pan. Loki sees Lillie and smiles.  "Good morning dear. Are you feeling better?" Loki said.

"Yes, a lot better," Lillie stood by the counter. "What was that you had me drink?"

"A special remedy I made just in case of a situation like that," Lillie nods. Loki starts making the plates. "Why don't you take a seat at the table while I get the plates ready and then we will talk."

"Ok," Lillie goes to the old table. It looked like it was made from cedar and held up very well. She sat at the head of the table. Loki came over with the plates. The plates had scrambled eggs and bacon. Lillie took a bite of the eggs they tasted a little burnt.

"I do not know if it is that great. Considering it is my first time cooking," Lillie nods and takes a bite from the bacon. It seemed to be very crispy but she smiles anyway. Loki got both of them a glass of water and sat beside Lillie. After a few minutes of eating Lillie finally asked.

"Where are we father? What is this place?" Loki takes a drink.

"We are currently somewhere in the forest. I found this old cabin and fixed it up while you were resting." He gestures around the place that creaks with the wind coursing through cracks in the wall. "Still have minor repairs to do." Lillie laughs softly sipping her water.

"Won't they find us though?"

"No, don't worry about that. I put a spell over the house to where not even Heimdall should be able to see us," Lillie smiles.

"So, we can finally be a family here?" Loki nods and smiles. "Me, you, and Mother?" Loki's smile slowly fades. Lillie gets worried by the look on her father's face. She looks around finally noticing a missing figure. "Where is Mother anyhow?"

"Lillie... about that..." Loki tried to stay calm. He walked around the table and kneels down beside her. He took Lillie's hands gently in his. He takes a deep breath and looks into his daughter's eyes. "When I got out of my cell..."

Flashback
  Loki walks slowly out of his cell grabbing his staff from the door. "I was not completely sure how my staff got to my cell," Loki narrates. "So, I disguised myself as a SHIELD agent. I started to head towards the prison area where they held Catherine. I was interrupted though by one of the agents."

"Hey!" An agent yelled stopping Loki disguised. "Who are you?" Loki turns around revealing who is disguised as.

"I'm Agent Coulson," the other agent looks shocked.

"Sir... what are you doing here? You know you can't risk any of the Avengers seeing you."

"Yes well... I came to check on a certain prisoner. Her name is Catherine Woods."

"Oh, her sir? Well, she was already taken care of a few hours ago. They're cleaning up right now," There is an unsettling look the agent saw. "Are you ok sir?"

"Yes, keep this perimeter blocked while I do a quick scan."

"Yes sir," the agent walks off. Loki rushes down to the cells as fast as he can. He gets to Catherine's cell to see her gone. The file on the wall with her information was stamped 'EXECUTED'. Loki falls to the ground tears streaming out of his eyes as he clutches the file. "That's when I got to you."

Back to reality
  Lillie stares at her father shocked. Catherine, her Mother, was gone. Gone forever. Tears start forming in her eyes. They slowly begin to go down her cheeks. Loki pulls his daughter close. "Lillie, I am so sorry," Loki tells her through his own silent tears. "If only I got to her in time,"

Lillie and Loki sit there for a moment. Lillie was crying into her father's shoulder. While Loki stroked her hair trying to calm her down. Lillie looked up at her Father's eyes red from crying. She reaches up, putting her hand to his cheek. Loki smiles at the sweet, loving touch from his daughter. "I'm sorry Lillie," Lillie hugs her father tightly. Loki hugs her back. Loki was upset about losing his one true love but, he made a vow to protect his daughter to the very end.

Lillie couldn't imagine life without her Mother but, she knew she had her Father. And, she knew she would avenge her mother's death. But now, she had to be strong for Loki, she had to show strength.

((Hello peoples hope you enjoyed. This was hard to write a bit. Hope you enjoyed it. See you in the next chapter.))