Chapter 6

As soon as we stepped outside of the diner, i lost all feeling in my legs. "Woah!" tristan shouted in surprise. His arms grabbing me at the last second as i fainted to the side. He used his body to steady me, but i was still wobbly.

 "you okay?" he asked, his eyes scrunched up with concern. i nodded, placing a hand over my face trying to compose the eratic emotions i was feeling.

Tristan swept me into his arms so he was carrying me bridal style. I felt invigorated, proud, hurt, sad, betrayed, happy, glad, heartbroken, electric and so much more. I guess my body couldn't comprehened all the feelings i was feeling at one moment.

That's when the flood came. first it was one tear and then another and soon it was like someone had broken the dam to my water supply.

"its okay beverley. everythings going to be okay" tristan comforted, rubbing my back, his eyes pained, as i sniffled softly. i nodded again not trusting my voice as i wrapped my arms around tristans neck, burying my head into his chest.

"if you don't mind me saying, that was pretty damn epic gold fish" Tristan hooted, squeezing me gently. i had to laugh at that. "it was, wasn't it?" i asked my voice alittle husky.

I felt tristans chest shake as he laughed. "yeah it was." he murmured stopping infront of my car. I waited for tristan to make a move to open the door when i realized he wasn't moving.

I lifted my head off of his shoulder and looked into his eyes to see him staring at me. "what?" i asked, quickly wiping at my cheeks and under my eyes to get rid of any makeup that had smudged.

He remained quiet, his eyes watching me intently. I felt myself getting lost in his eyes, something in their depths just drawing me in.

"Beverley..." tristan whispered his voice soft. i loved the way my name rolled off the tip of his tongue. it sounded so right, almost as if my name was made just for his mouth only.

"yes?" i asked just as quietly, my head inching closer to his, my eyes dancing over his features to his lips.

"you have the car keys."

i jerked back my cheeks turning a bright pink as i realised that the reason why tristan had been looking at me was becuase he had been waiting on me to open the car.

"o-oh sorry" i mumbled, fumbling in my pocket for my keys. when i got my keys out, i gently pushed on tristan's chest.

"y-you can put me down now" i murmured my cheeks turning even redder. Tristan nodded, easing me down onto my feet and then waiting until i was seated in the car before he actually went to his side of the car.

"are you sure you can drive?" he asked, his brow furrowing in worry. i shot him a small glare before turning my car on.

"of course i'm sure. don't forget to buckle up though" i smirked, shooting him an evil look before stepping on the gas.

15 minutes later and we pulled into my drive way. i looked over to tristan to see him gripping the side of the dashboard with both of his hands.