Chapter 12

Once we got back inside, Annabeth immediately pulled me to my room.

  "We have approximately five minutes before someone comes here. First, why do you love cause trouble?!"

  "I want to go home." I mumbled.

   "Kaylee, you are home. What could you want? Everything is at your fingertips!"

   "This is a house Annabeth! Home is welcoming. I want my mom and my dad! I haven't seen them since I was five! Maybe I have a little sister or brother! I want a real family!" I scream. I'm crying by the end.

"What about Kyle? And the people you love with? Are they not acting like parents?! We could get another set! I'm sure your father would-"

"He is not my father! And no, they do fine! I want my parents Annabeth. I just want a normal life. No training to protect my life! No mansion of a house! Nobody tracking me down to kill me because of some crazy man that wanted a 'daughter'!"

  She took a deep breath. "Kaylee-"

   "No. Just leave me alone."

She looked at me sadly. "I can't. I've been ordered to stay with you." She whispered.

   "So? They won't know if you leave me alone!"

   "Kaylee. Do you know why I work here?"

  "'Cause um. No I don't actually."

"I have a little sister. And both parents. If I don't do what they say, my family dies."

  "Annabeth I'm so sorry."

  "It's fine. But please, just do as your told. Think about my sister please"

  "I will." I promised. Except, that promise will be broken. When j get away, I'm taking Annabeth and her family. And if we drive, it can be legal! Who am I kidding legal flys out the window when dealing with the mess my life is.

  "I'm tired..." I trail off.

"Alright. Go to sleep. And for the love of my life stay in bed!" She says before turning and leaving. I hear a very small click sound and a tiny bright red light appears on the ceiling about my bookshelf. I roll my eyes, of course they would put a camera in my room. I quickly change, covering anything that needs to be covered, and crawl into bed. I put one pillow on my face, and keep one under my head. Making sure one foot is sticking out from the heavy blanket, I fall asleep quickly.

Morning

I wake up in a completely different position them when I fell asleep. Putting my odd sleeping habits aside, I wake up to find metal cuffs over my ankles and wrists so that I can't move them. I also notice that there are two people standing above me, a sticker thing around my pointer finger, and a bandage on my ring finger. A steady beep, which I'm assuming is my heart rate is the only sound besides the typing of a keyboard.

What exactly is going on? I turn my head slightly, and see Marshall enter the room. The other two people whom I still have not recognized still don't notice I'm awake. After they've moved to the doorway to talk to Marshall, I slowly peel off the bandaid around my ring finger. After inspection, I only see one tiny red dot. They probably took a blood sample. I consider taking the heart rate monitor sticker off, but decide against it. You see, I can make my heart rate speed up and slow down if I concentrate hard enough. Not a lot, but enough to get their attention. So I focus on an old memory. This particular one almost always do's.

I sat, wrapped in a blanket in my cage. After Marshall and the other guys had taken me from school, drugged me, and driven away, I had woken up in a cage with a blanket and pillow. Not very good ones either. The blanket was thin and the pillow flat. The cage was one you often see dogs in, meant for the larger breeds I assume. Suddenly, the sheet over my cage was torn off, and I was momentarily blinded. My hands flew to my face and shielded my eyes from the bright light. The cage unlocked, and someone picked me up. I tried to get down, but the grip on me tightened. A gruff voice said,

"Be good Kaylee. Behave or I will give you the sleepy stuff again." I immediately stopped squirming. I heard a door open and close. I was finally put down, except I was in a small area. The door closed, and locked.

   For the next three days, I lived  in that closet. Once a day, I was fed and allowed to use the restroom. Being a tiny five year old, I was terrified. When I wasn't sleeping, I cried. When I wasn't crying, I slept. Eventually, I got moved back in  to the cage and the journey began once more to places unknown.

  My heart pounded in my chest. I had relived the moment, instead of visiting it. The heart rate monitors beeps went through the roof, in sync with my raging heart. I could hear my pulse in my ears. Everything was moving at the same time. Someone shook me, and I opened my eyes to see Marshall's unforgettable eyes staring into mine. He gave me a knowing look, meaning he knew I did it on purpose.

"Sorry." I said sheepishly.

}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
Hey!
  Please please please tell me what you think! I was originally going to stop with her falling asleep, but then I kept writing.

Fact: I actually can make my heart rate speed up if I want it too. I don't know if everyone can do it, I just know I can.

  Please point out errors!

In order for another update, this chapter needs FOUR comments from DIFFERENT people. And if you liked the chapter(which I'm sure you actually didn't) press the little star and give me a vote?

Please and thank you!

Love you all,
-Maria