Chapter 14

If I'm being honest, I've realized I'm going to miss this story. Not a lot, but I'll miss it. Last chapter before epilogue guys. This is actually painful. STOP EMOTIONS THIS STORY IS BAD!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_____________/\/\/\/\/\/\/\_______/\/\

Kaylee's POV

I explained my plan to Annabeth, and she agreed it was a good plan. She promised she would get me the supplies I needed.

•••
I got ready for bed, like I did every night. I layer down, pretending to fall asleep right away. That was a mistake, they knew I wasn't really asleep and stayed in my room much longer than usual. My one nurse I actually know the name of, Annie, sat in my desk chair. I finally sat up and asked why she were still here, scaring her as well. I smirked a little, but she couldn't see in the dark.
"Must you scare me?! I knew you weren't asleep, and one of my jobs is to make sure you fall asleep. Do you want something to help you?"
"Help me? Help me pee, help me breath, help me think? Help me what?!"
"Sleep smart-alec."
"Oh. Sure." I said with a shrug. The sooner she leaves, the better. She gave me some pills, and instead of swallowing them, I dropped them in my lap and pretended to take them.
"Thanks Annie, night."
"Mmhm."
I laid back down, pretending to slowly fall asleep. After she left, I heard three clicks, meaning the cameras had been shut off in my room. I hopped up, and changed into my night clothes. Black leggings, black T shirt, black jacket, and my favorite black combat boots. I would be one with the night. Annabeth swung my door open, and said
"Hurry, we don't have long before they get past the bug I put in the camera system." I nodded, and together we ran down the hall. "Meet me in the garage, I'll get my family. I can grab keys on my way back. There's a key that works for every car in case of emergency."
"I don't need keys, I can Hotwire it. Hurry!" I said smirking. We nodded at each other and took off our separate ways. I got into the garage no problem, already knowing the code, 1789. Annabeth had both parents with a little brother and sister. I saw a black jeep and slid underneath it. After I got it started, I made sure I could make a fast getaway. The door banged open and I slid to the ground, hoping it wasn't a guard. "Kaylee?" A voice whispered. I came out and called "Over here!"
Several shadows came to where I was standing. "Kaylee, this is my mom, dad, brother and sister. Guys, this is Kaylee."
"Hi," I said with a little wave. "Ready to get out of here?" The boy, whose name is Sean I remembered, nodded his head violently. I smiled a little. "Okay, well, I'll be here when you're ready." I watched as Annabeth began the goodbyes. Her mother was weeping silently, her father had a masked face with no emotion, although stress lines were evident. After many tears, the family got into the car. I turned to Annabeth.
"A-are you sure you can't come?"
She smiled sadly, "I can't. I have to stay here and be a distraction. Take care of my family okay?" I nodded and we embraced each other in a giant hug.
"You've always been like my older sister, I'm going to miss you."
"Awe Kaylee, I'm going to miss you too. Now, go. Get out of here, and find your family." We hugged one more time, and I got in the trunk. I explained my plan as we drove away, never to see this wretched house again. I passed the fake ID to Annabeth's father. We got through the first gate no problem, it automatically opens from this side. The fake ID worked no problem at the guarded gate. I came out from the trunk and sat in between Sean and Mary. I smiled, I could taste freedom. I had butterfly's in my stomach.

Then the freedom butterfly's died.

At the end of the road, were several black military trucks. I looked behind us, and realized we were surrounded.
"Uh, Kaylee? What do we do?" Mary asked worriedly.
"Give me a second."
"I don't think we have a second." Sean said looking around. I looked ahead and saw that we could keep going down the road, as long as men standing guard jumped out of the way before we rammed them.
"Drive this car as fast as it will go down the road. The guys will move unless their suicidal. Don't slow down until we get to civilization. Okay?"
Annabeth's dad nodded, and he pushed the gas pedal. We flew down the road, and everyone moved to avoid us. I smiled in victory.

That was, until they started firing at us.

They kids screamed, I might have also screamed, I don't really know. Glass shattered behind me. I looked around wildly.
"Okay! Listen, I'm going to move to the front seat and drive while the rest of you jump out of the car. Go to the right. I'll drive a little more then I'll join you. Tuck and roll. Mary, you go first. Sean, when I start climbing into the front, then you go. Adults, jumps free them.
"I'll go first instead, then Mary can go." Their mom said.
"Okay, then go! Tuck and roll!" Everyone stared moving. After everyone had gotten out, I made the car go as fast as it could, then jumped.

Annabeth's POV

After my family and Kaylee had left, I ran to Mr. Razzill office. "They've left sir." He nodded
"Alright, let's go. We're going to follow them." We left and got into a car. By the time we caught up to them, they were about to run over a line of men. They jumped out of the way, and the radio calls were crazy. Mr. Razzill said to shoot at the tired, but not to hit anywhere above. Someone shot the glass, although I'm sure it was accidental. We were following them down the road, when the doors swing open shadows jumped out. I counted four, but where was the fifth? Judging by the sizes, Kaylee was the only one left, after a second, another shadow jumped. My family didn't know this was a fake getaway, but I needed everything to be real to them, or Kaylee would think something was up. As the last shadow jumped, something hit it. A bullet.

Kaylee was shot!

If I thought things were chaotic before, I was wrong.

Kaylee's POV

As I jumped, a felt a searing hot pain through my chest. I fell to the ground, and not the correct way. I tried to sit up and move away, but pain spread through out my body like I haven't felt before. I four my hand to my chest and it came away with blood. Was I shot? Yes, I must have been. Lovely. Trying to escape, and I was shot. Why can't anything ever go right for me?!
I finally returned to the real world, someone was over me, crying.
"Annabeth?" I croaked.
"I'm here Kaylee, I'm here. This is all my fault..."
"No it's not, they found out, you couldn't have stopped it." I said with much effort. I can feel myself slipping away.
"Kaylee, I'm the one who told them." She whispered.
Then the world went dark, maybe for the last time ever.

______________________________________

The End
So you guys know how I said this is painful earlier? I'm sorry. That must of hurt to read. It's so so bad. I kept losing focus, and I have sb practice soon so I kept getting interrupted.

How was it? Be honest!

The epilogue is next, then I'll answer any questions and have a very long thank you. I would do it now, but I don't have time.

Just wait, I enjoy being an evil author ;)

-Maria