Chapter 17

The feeling of scrubbing off the days of dirt and sweat felt like a close second to sex. Being clean was by far one of the best feelings in the world. Sentinal was kind enough to leave Valeriya be as she tended to shaving and scrubbing the rest of her body. The quiet warmth of the bathroom brought back a lot of memories. It was almost ironic that she'd get to experience the poshness of this bathtub again, and for once, she didn't mind thinking on old events. Then again, these weren't anything significant. Just quiet nights spent soaking in a hot tub with a book and a glass of wine while her parents went about their normal routines of business or settling in for the night.

"Mmm..." She sunk down a little, the water coming up to her jawline. To a point where it almost completely engulfed her. Her eyes waded down and looked over herself. Admittedly, she looked a little beat up. Her leg was a mess, and there were bruises here and there from all the commotion of the past few weeks. The redness around her wrists seemed to only get worse, her right one was bleeding just slightly.

After everything that went on, she was still completely caught off guard by how accommodating Sentinal was being. It was a shock, but she couldn't complain. He was making this hellscape bearable. Perhaps if she could ever get past the betrayal he enacted, they could be good friends. The fate of herself and Antonia was still up in the air. Valeriya wanted to save her, she wanted to do whatever it took to get her back and make her remember, but Sentinal wouldn't let that happen. She understood fully that there was a lot at stake, but why continue working for a crooked woman when they could work together to bring her down? Valeriya was powerful enough on her own, but with Toni and Sentinal's help she'd be damn near unstoppable.

"Hey." A knock rapped the door, pulling her out of her head. "I brought you some clothes."

"Come in." She called out to him, sitting up a little and pulling the plug from the tub.

He stepped inside with what looked like a new bra and panty set laying ontop of a black dress. "I hope this is okay. While you were restrained I took the key that Toni pulled from your dress and got your things from the hotel."

Valeriya raised an eyebrow, staring at him. It made her want to laugh, but she refrained from doing so. "Yes, that's fine. Thank you."

Sentinal set them down on the toilet seat and got her a large towel as he heard the remaining water drain down the tub. He walked over and held it out for her, turning his head as she stood up so he wouldn't catch an eye full. "I'll stand outside the door while you change."

She chuckled a little, finding it refreshing that he was so much of a gentlemen. "Thank you again, Sentinal. I appreciate the hospitality."

He only shrugged and smiled a little as he turned around. "I know that Toni would want you well taken care of, even if she doesn't know it." Then he stepped out, leaving her to dry off and get dressed.

The words pulled at Valeriya's heart strings, making her smile for once in a long time. A genuine, real smile. Despite his background, Sentinal was a good man, and Valeriya could see that in him. He showed that he cared even if he wasn't supposed to. He cared about Toni and Valeriya, even though he was a little more partial to Toni, that didn't stop him from making sure their captive was safe. His unbreakable dedication to his girls was the most admirable thing, and for whatever reason Valeriya couldn't shake that. It gave her a little hope that maybe, just maybe, he would help get Toni back to her old self.

She thought on it as she limped over to her clothes and began drying off her body and hair. The pain was a bit too much, having to sit down and place her clothes on the floor before even thinking about slipping them on. It was a slow process of pulling the fabric up her legs and around her waist, causing her to wince. By God, putting on her bra would be much easier.