Chapter 31

Sentinal had taken his belt off and made Valeriya bite down on it as he went about removing the bullet in a timely process. She gripped at the gurney, trying in every possible way to stop herself from writhing and jerking away from him. It hurt, God it fucking hurt. When she shot someone, she would always shoot to kill. Whatever God or Goddess that was watching over her that decided to let her live was to be praised and screamed at, because this was terrible. Thank God Toni missed, though. Valeriya had a promise to keep, and she'd be damned if she would let something like this stop her.

"Okay, stay calm..." He cooed as a bloody rag pressed to her abdomen, making her whimper. Sentinal was trying to be as careful as he could manage, but she was going to feel it.

"Shh, we're almost there, Val. You're going to be fine." He reassured as best he could, but the tears pricking at her eyes told him that she may not be able to handle much more. It was mostly the sterilization. The rubbing alcohol burned like a mother fucker, and she could barely take it all in. The suture he was using was nothing compared to the pain of that awful clear liquid. A searing burn radiated through her body at the feeling of contact, causing her muscles to tense and shake. It took all of Sentinal's strength to keep her still and calm.

"After tonight, I'll never shoot anyone ever again. I promise. Dear God, I didn't know this is what it felt like!" She said after spitting the belt out, trying to take in large breaths. Breathing through the pain, as some would say, wasn't quite working. Being able to breathe was good and fine, and it spelled out good news for her in the long run, but it didn't take away any of the pain she felt.

"Valeriya, put this back into your mouth. You need to release the tension somehow, and I won't have you clawing into my arms to do it." He said calmly, but firmly, placing the thick leather between her teeth yet again. The slow process of stitching her up was almost complete, the part he would have a problem with was sealing the wound. His plan was sound, but it wouldn't be easy. This was by far the hardest part of the entire procedure, given that the pain she was about to feel could possibly knock her unconscious.

"Okay..." Sentinal breathed as he fished around in his cargo pant's pockets. "This will ensure that the wound won't open while we're in action. Alright?" He looked down at her carefully, holding up a small orange lighter in his hand.

Do it. She pleaded with her eyes, the rise and fall of her chest coming quicker than before. Being burned was scary, but dying like this was far more terrifying. Valeriya cast her eyes over on Antonia's unconscious form that was sprawled out on a gurney opposite of them. The small assassin was breathing fine, and stirring a little in her black out state.

"She'll be alright, stop worrying." Sentinal said, noticing that she was staring at Toni. He brought the lighter down to her stomach and flicked it alive, the small flame showing and making every fiber in her lower abdomen tense in fear. His hand found one of hers, urging her to grip it before touching the flame to her flesh and hearing the familiar sizzling and accompanied scream.

The noise that ripped from Valeriya's throat was blood curdling. It ricocheted around the room and latched onto each of their ears, enough to stir Toni out of unconsciousness with a start. Her green eyes found the source of the screaming, and sent her spiraling back into reality. Thoughts and memories clouded her mind of the last few weeks enough to give her a general idea of what was going on here, and she didn't like it. She could feel a twist in her stomach, causing her to lurch over the side of the gurney and release the contents of her digestive tract with loud, wet smacks against the tile floor.

"Ew, dude." Sentinal muttered as he finished burning closed the last half inch of skin that would threaten Valeriya's movement if left unattended. As he finished up, he noticed her body fall limp against the padded surface.