Epilogue- "I Do"

The cathedral was decorated in deep reds and blues, accented by the old stone of the building. It was just edging into the evening as the calm of the surrounding people that sat in the pews set the mood. Everyone that mattered was there. Granted, that wasn't very many people, but it was still perfect.

Proud smiles and soft murmurs of encouragement rose towards Toni's ears as she stood at the end of the aisle, a slight shaking present in her bare hands. She thought it was only appropriate to leave her gloves at home for an occasion as special as this one. Her green eyes stayed fixated in front of her on the red carpet that was stretched from the large oak double doors, to the step in which she was standing on at the alter. Victor stood just behind her, taking it upon himself to officiate the wedding of these two lovely women. He felt like a father to Toni, and to know that she was so sickeningly happy with Valeriya made him want to do it all the more. On top of that, Toni wasn't even aware that he was ordained, but she was sure glad he was.

Collectively, they all agreed to have the wedding in Russia. The only one who really objected to it was Reed, but that was only because it was too cold and she didn't feel like buying a parka, which she ended up getting to appease her cousin, anyway.

Reed and Toni were still on slightly shaky terms. Ever since the night on the phone, nearing six months ago now, Toni felt a sting of shame in her heart for the torture she put Valeriya through. It took several quiet nights of self loathing to come to terms with the fact that it just could not be helped. For a year Toni had no idea who, or what, she was and in turn she hurt the people she loved in the process of getting her humanity back. Valeriya took time out of every day and night to reassure Toni and remind her of these facts, often times it helped, but sometimes the guilt made her feel like she was sinking. Then again, she figured that if there was truly a problem between them, this wedding wouldn't even be happening, but she was glad it was. Oh, how she was glad she could finally say I do to this woman.

This woman who turned her life completely upside down and turned it back onto it's right side again. This woman who grew from a self proclaimed coward, to a strong, powerful leader. Valeriya was a violent storm, and only Toni could see her light drizzle. Only Toni saw how soft and gentle she was really was.

The girl that she met a little over three years ago. That girl. The one who was afraid, upset, and full of rage. Now a powerhouse who even the largest men would cower for. Ms. Valeriya Aksakov was all of these things, and Toni saw through all of it. She saw how beautiful and delicate she was late at night, or how wide she smiled each morning when she saw her soon-to-be wife bring her a cup of coffee just how she liked it. Black with two sugars.

The loud whine of the oak double doors opening caught her by surprise, pulling her out of her reminiscent thoughts, and when she looked up she swore her heart stopped. Walking towards her was the most gorgeous breath of air she had ever taken in. She couldn't stop the tears that forced their way out of her eyes, glistening down her cheeks and falling to the floor at the shining black loafers that Sentinel had bought her as a gift for today.

Valeriya smiled at her from down the aisle, the same reaction that Toni had forming on her face when she saw how nice she looked. Her hair had been done up in several intricate braids, pulled up into a smooth round bun at the back of her head. She saw the small silver rings that no doubt took several minutes to set properly scattered across her braids. Toni's charcoal gray vest and matching dress pants made her look absolutely regal, adorned with a royal blue button down tucked neatly into the hem of her pants. The assassin was stunning, and the lack of gloves didn't go unnoticed, making the tears in Valeriya's eyes run thicker. She was happy she wore waterproof eyeliner and mascara, or she would look terrible right now.

The two met, facing each other on the step in front of Victor, all smiles and amazed looks. Toni reached out, taking both of Valeriya's hands in her own. Her scars were noticed, but Valeriya only ran her fingertips over them. Everyone in the church thought it only appropriate to let them have their moment of adoring one another. The looks in their eyes was nothing short of blown away. Even Sentinel found himself tearing up at the sight.