Chapter Two

*Six Months Later*

Aradhana's POV:

It had been months since I moved into the house I shared with Oliver. It's not the greatest thing of all but, it definitely isn't as bad as living under the same roof with a husband who doesn't give a damn about you. Well, I am used to it. It doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. It actually is peaceful to be left alone than be ignored and avoided. Oliver and I do live together but, we are far apart. He is mostly handling business while I stay at home writing articles and studying psychology. The fact that we both are married is still foreign to me - possibly to him too. Maybe that's why, he doesn't see me as his wife - not even a housemate, actually. I see him for a brief moment before he leaves for work. Watching him come home is also rare. I am either already sleeping or he never gets back. I am used to it.

"Bye Pat! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. You deserve it." I smiled as I saw off our caretaker. She is wonderful lady. At the age of 56, she has a heart of the youth. She has known both Oliver and I since the time we were infants. Both me and Oliver adored her to pieces. She was the only link between the two of us. Sure, her leaving made me feel uncomfortable and sad. But, I knew I'd get over it by the every next day.

"I'll miss you too much, dear!" She exclaimed while getting into the Chevy of her son's and drove off. Once they were out of the parking lot, I smiled and walked back into 'our' home. I entered the living room at the sound of Oliver and his 'girlfriend', Jenna. They spoke softly and laughed at something I didn't catch. I wish someday, I'd be able to laugh just as much she does or maybe more with Oliver. I sighed at the thought and walked into the kitchen. Since, dinner was just an hour away, I decided to cook a meal. I really had gotten interest in it while helping Pat with the meals. I made my mind-up and started to chop vegetables for the Spagetti.

"What are you doing?" A voice startled me as I snapped my head to meet the eyes to my husband.

"Cooking Spagetti..?" I said unsure of what he wanted.

"I want Pasta and so does Jen." He simply said walking over to the fridge and grabbing two beer cans. Thankfully, my meal was ready to be eaten and served. I took the Spaghetti out of the pan and let it onto the plate.

"Well, I am sorry. I have already made dinner. If you want to eat Pasta, you're free to make it yourself." I said walking out of the kitchen into my room positive that I left Oliver surprised.

Almost an hour later, I trotted down to kitchen only to find Oliver and Jenna way too close to each other. I groaned in frustration causing both of them jump apart. Jenna gave me a death glare while Oliver eyed me daggers. I snorted and walked into the kitchen. I placed my used plates inside the sink. I was about to leave the two love-birds alone when Oliver called me.

"Where are you going? You aren't leaving without cleaning the dishes." He growled through his teeth. I stopped at my tracks.

"Excuse me?" I said in disbelief.

"You work here, right. You can't just leave without cleaning." This time, it was Jenna who spoke. The blood in me boiled. I watched Oliver in utter disgust, "So, this what you've been telling people?" I said while folding my arms onto my chest.

"Hey! This isn't the way you speak to your boss." Jenna defended.

"You don't know anything, Jenna." I sighed and dismissed her. I don't blame Jenna for the defence she had on Oliver. She was a very sweet girl and loved Oliver dearly. I could see it. I just felt bad for her. I was sorry that Oliver was not honest with her. But then, Oliver was never honest to anyone.

"I am sorry, Jenna I didn't mean to be rude. I am not your boyfriend's employee. I am just someone you'll know when your boyfriend wants to tell you." I sighed and walked back into my room. I shut the door and slumped on my bed only to hear the door open again.

"How dare you?" Oliver hissed. 

"Ever heard of knocking?" I rolled my eyes tried to sit so that I could see him better. By that time, he'd already come into the room and was leaning onto the bed frame.

"What do you want?" I asked as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"Why in the name of God did you say that to Jen?" His eyes narrowed upon me. They were so angry that they sent chills down my spine. He leaned further into the bed till his nose was just hovering over mine.

"Oliver, I am your wife. If you don't want to introduce me to people, I am fine with that. At leat don't call me your servent. I am understood?" I hissed.

"This is my fucking house! I had made rules. And you agreed to follow them." He was starting to raise his voice.

"I don't remember any rule that said that you'll introduce me as your employee!" I defended.

"Well, then let's initiate it from now on."

"Okay, but since, I pay half the morgage of this house, I get to make my rules as well." I said. I watched him think for a while. He gave up soon enough, "Fine!" He said as he ran his hands through his hair in annoyance.

"First, I am not gonna be introduced as anyone except your cousin. Second, you do your personal things and I do mine. Third, no interference in my life until and unless I let you know. Forth, we will have at least one dinner a week with eachother."

"That's easy."

"We'll see."

"Anything else?"

"Fifth, we care at least a little for eachother and try be friends once again."

"Why?"

"For old times sake."

"Ugh!" He dramatically threw his hands up in frustration and left my room, slamming the door behind. I exhaled a shaky breath from my nose and closed my eyes to normalise my nerves. Oh how his presence infuriates me!

I spent the next two hours writing the next chapter of my upcoming book and did a review on child psychology. My head started to feel heavy and my eyes started to droop. I sighed and kept my things aside. I lied down on my left and drifted off to sleep.

It has been a long day...

*-**-**-**-*

Hey guys! Thanks for keep reading! I hope you liked the chapter! I promise to keep writing better and make you guys proud. Just do me a small favor and hit the yellow 'like' button. I promise I won't let you regret it! Thanks a ton!!

Loads of love xx