Chapter Seven

Oliver's POV:

She was gone for two hours now. When Jenna told me what happened, I for some unknown reason felt a piece of my heart taken away. I pushed those feeling further into my heart. I didn't appreciate the feeling I was generating. It felt so foreign yet so familiar. I paced uncomfortably up and down my office. I had requested Carter and his men their help.

"Oli?" I heard a knock followed by Carter's voice. "I checked the neighborhood. Can't find her. We checked in with Ryan. She didn't meet him today. Her parents didn't answer. Mukund and DJ are out of the country." He informed and knew to leave me alone. I growled in frustration almost knocking down the chair when the room filled with a familiar scent.

"Hey." Her voice rang into my ears. "Its okay. I guess she just needed some space for a while. She'll be back soon."

"I don't know, Jen. I feel horrible."

"I know. With she being your cousin and all."

"She is not my cousin." I said soon realizing what I had said. I regret. I silently cussed avoiding her gaze.

"What do you mean?" She said with hint of hurt in her voice.

"I am sorry, baby."

"Don't 'baby' me. What's going on?"

"Jen, you should sit." I said calmly.

"I am fine. Don't tell me what to do." She said sternly.

"She is my wife.." I sighed.

"What?" Jen choked on her words with tears streaming down her face. I reached for her cheek. She smacked my hand and walked away.

"I am sorry Jen." I said defeated.

"When?"

"Six months. Our grandfathers had a deal. We couldn't say no. Her old man wrote it in his will. My grandpa agreed. They were practically brothers when they were younger. I didn't want this to happen, Jen. I really didn't. I didn't know how to tell you either. I love you so much. I didn't want to hurt you." I explained. I watched her calming herself down with an unreadable expression.

"Well, you're too late. We're over. But, I think you figured that out yourself." She finally said turning on her heel to leave.

"Jen, please don't go! I need you!" I screamed. It was too late. She had left. I felt terrible. I slid down on the floor, shaking. I cried in agony. When Ara left, it felt like someone had taken a piece of my heart but, as Jen left I felt like the other half of my heart was ripped open.

By nighttime, I was beat. I had cried buckets of water, don't really for whom, whether for Jen or Ara. I felt horrible for lying to Jen. I felt guilty treating Ara as a stranger in our house. Sitting with my back against the wall, a glass of whiskey in my right hand and a cigarette in my left, I stared at the window - numb. I had lost all the energy in screaming, shouting and crying. There was not any energy left whatsoever. Even the toxic taste of the whiskey felt tasteless and bland.

I sighed and flicked the cigarette out of my hand. I slowly got up with an unknown rage building into my mind. I threw the glass across the room. I watched it as it hit the wall and shattered into pieces. I didn't hear a single sound. From the corner of my eye, I saw a worried Carter enter the room. I broke into a fit of laughter. I laughed a lot. I hadn't laughed as much in years. That thought made me sick in the stomach. My heart gave up. Carter ran over to me, embracing me into a hug. I let my heart pour out. I felt so weak and vulnerable. My mind wasn't working. I was out of control. I slumped over Carter as he helped me to the bed.

"I feel horrible, Car." I slurred. He just nodded.

"I lied to Jen, I let Ara hate me."

"She left. They left, Car!"

"I am horrible man!"

"What did I do?" I broke down on sobs. By now, Carter was helping me remove my shoes.

"I am so sorry, Car." Carter tucked me to bed and caressed my forehead.

"You'll be fine, we'll talk about it tomorrow, Oliver. Sleep now. You need it. Goodnight." He said softly. I mumbled an 'I love you' before closing my eyes.

*-*-*-*-*

"Oh fcuk!" I groaned as someone drew the curtains of my room, letting the harsh sunlight hit my face.

"Rise and shine, sunshine!" Carter sang. He came near the bed table placing a couple of tablets and a glass of water. I sighed, sitting up.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Well, at least 11 hours." He said expressionless.

"Jesus! My head hurts like hell! I drank a lot, didn't I?" I chuckled taking the medicines and the glass.

"That's an understatement. You threw a glass across the room full of whiskey. In the morning, you puked twice than you usually do. I had to clean your shit up. You're welcome. Anything else, my Lord?" He said mimicking a Scottish accent. I smile broke onto my mouth, remembering the last time he got wasted. I had cleaned his shit off mocking him the same way.

"Clean up and get down if you want your coffee and beacon." He said and left me alone. I shifted the the sheets off me and stepped off the bed with a wobble.

"Woah!" I whispered to myself and walked over to the mirror. I looked at the bags under my eyes, shocked. I rubbed my face, entering the toilet. Recollecting all the memories from yesterday. Once again, I felt empty.

*-*-*-*

"Eggs and beacon, Cap'in?" Car said placing the plate in front of me as I sat on the breakfast table.

"Sounds good." I said realising how weak I sounded. Car just smiled handing me the cup of black coffee. I thanked him, taking a sip.

"My men have news."

"What?" I asked turning my attention to him.

"It's Ara. She was in Target yesterday." He said sitting across me. A small spark in my heart occurred. I wanted to dance. I mentally smiled at the feeling.

"What was she there for?"

"Purchasing a pregnancy test."

"What?"