Chapter Five

Aradhana's POV:

The music roared as we entered Carter's residence. I could literally hear my eardrums exploding. I stumbled a few steps back only to be caught by Ryan. I gave him a small smile before gaining my balance.

"You okay?" He yelled over the loud music.

"You know I don't feel comfortable at parties like these!" I yelled back clearly not at all amused by my presence at Carter's house.

"Oh c'mon, babe! Loosen up. You'll live. Trust me." Ryan yelled back. I could see the annoyance building up in his voice. I narrowed my eyes at him hoping for an explanation of his sudden mood change.

Nothing.

I huffed as he dragged me through the crowd to the other side of the house where the bar was situated. I sighed and followed his lead. There were a few guys already seated at the counter as they tried to flirt with the female bartender. A few girls who were seated as well didn't really give a damn. Oh well.

"Yo, Ry! Long time bro. Where the heck have you been?" One of the guys approached us as he and Ryan did the 'guy handshake'.

"Aaron! Man I missed you so much! Where have you been man." Ryan replied.

"Eh, just screwing around. You know me, sweetcheeks." Aaron said throwing Ryan a wink. A visible shade of pink highlighted Ryan's cheeks. I smirked.

"Sweetcheeks?" I said raising my eyebrows toward Ryan.

"Oh what do we have here? What's your name beautiful?" Aaron chuckled, turning his attention to me.

"Aradhana. Nice to meet you." I smiled offering him a handshake.

"Well nice to meet you too. I am Aaron. Carter's big brother." He said taking my hand up to his lips as he brushed his lips against my knuckles. The gesture made me giggle.

"Aaron's studying architecture in London. Hence the etiquette." Ryan joked.

"I see." I said amused. Aaron nodded in response. Soon the two guys got engrossed in their own world. I'd be lying if I said, I was not at all uncomfortable. By what I'd analyzed about Aaron, I was not sure whether or not I like the guy. The way spoke about his life gave that away. How could someone be so nonchalant about their future?

"Um, could you guys excuse me? I kinda need to go to the washroom." I announced.

"Sure...go straight ahead." Aaron signaled and they both got back to what they were up to. I released the sigh I was holding in my throat for a long time. I pushed my through the crowd, making my way toward the balcony for some fresh air.

I had been to Carter's house multiple times considering Oliver and him were business partners. I pushed the double doors of the balcony open and inhaled the night air in. The balcony had become one of my favorite place at Carter's. Maybe due the reason that it overlooked a beautiful garden. I wondered my thoughts to the first time I had been here. Jenna wasn't with us that time. She had gone to meet her grandfather in Ankara. Oliver had taken me here instead of Jenna. Carter knew me very well as Oliver's wife. I remember him telling me that if I had been his wife, he wouldn't be hanging around with Jenna. I had laughed a lot that day.

"Hey." A familiar voice startled me. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" I asked looking out to the garden.

"I could ask you the same thing." He humored.

"Touche" I snorted.

"Jenna got a call from her sister. She had to leave. I kinda got bored talking with the same boring rich brats. So, I figured I could come out here and have a chat with my wife"

"How many have you had. 'Cause, I am pretty sure this is not what you'd say in your senses."

"Says the girl who asked us at least behave like friends, and May I quote, 'for old times sake.'"

"Okay I got your point. So, what's that you wanna talk about?"

"Anything. Since, we don't know much about each other, let's start with 20 questions."

"Okay, what's your favorite color?"

"Blue. What's your favorite food?"

"Chicken Biryani. Favorite place?"

"Italy. First kiss?"

"Sean Briks. First girlfriend?"

"Jenna. -"

"Jenna? Seriously? No one else? I thought you'd be having more than one."

"Nah. Jen's the only one. I love her. I don't think anyone could ever replace here either." I don't why, but the words that came out of his mouth stung. I brushed the feeling off. I couldn't feel this way.

"You had any boyfriends?" He continued the question.

"No. Well I do have a thing with Ryan. But, I can't be too sure." I replied honestly.

"Wow. You seriously haven't had any boyfriends?" He raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Why is it so hard to believe?"

"Well, I don't know it just is, I would have totally dated you." He whispered the last part. I froze, "What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing. You want something to drink?" He asked clearly changing the subject.

"As a matter of fact, now I do." I said still not believing what he'd said.

*-*-*-*

"Oh god! You need to stop this instance!" Oliver said tipping my forehead and snatching the drink right from my hands. I yelled and reached out for it. Oliver extended his arm on the other side so that I was enable to grab it. He then tossed it into the bin. I looked at it in horror. I glared at Oliver. He smirked and dragged me out of Carter's residence.

"Let go!" I whined as I struggled to let myself free.

"I will as soon as we get home." He said patiently.

"I hate you." I muttered.

"Oh believe me sweetie, you'll thank me tomorrow." As soon as he said that, I was welcomed with darkness.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! I have been caught up with college projects.

I want thank you all for reading and well adding it to your reading lists! It means a lot to me so thank you.

Stay tuned for more and happy reading!