Chapter Three

Watching the 6 o'clock news, I poured the milk into my cereal. The sun was shining bright as it's rays hit my bare face. It felt nice. A smile formed on my face. It's going to be a beautiful day! I inhaled the fresh morning air and exhaled it. I was at peace.

"Hey." Someone greeted. I turned my attention to doorframe. Jenna leaned against it. Her hands crossed on her chest. She was wearing an over-sized t-shirt, I am guess it was Oliver's. She flashed me an unsure smile.

"Morning!" I said.

"I am sorry about last night. I seriously had no clue." She apologised, genuine. 

"It isn't a big deal. I am sorry he didn't tell you." I said in all honesty.

"Yeah." She paused. But, opened her mouth to speak again, "So, how long are you staying here?"

"I don't know?" My answer came out more like a question. I shifted uneasily on my chair.

"I am sorry. You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable." She apologised. For a moment I thought I could see pity in her eyes.

"Um..?" I said unsure of what to say.

"Anyways, I hope you feel better. Know that both me Oliver are here for you." She said while reaching out to me and caressing my hand. I looked at her skeptically. Oliver, what the heck did you tell her?

"I am sorry Jenna. But, how much did he tell you? I need to know." I asked.

"Well, not much.."

"How much?" I pressed it. Come on Jenna! Speak up!

"Hey! Don't stress up." Huh?

"Why?"

"It's not good for the baby." She said. What the..? I let out a sigh and excused myself. I barged into Oliver's room and pulled him off the bed. He dropped the thump and watched me in horror.

"What the hell did you tell her?" I hissed and took hold of his collar.

"Oh come on sweetie. It's just a play." He said in a calm voice. My insides burned with fury. 

"You're a dead man, Oliver. I don't know what you told her. I don't want to know either. Just wait till she finds out." I whisper-yelled.

"You would not." He said cautiously.

"Oh, no I won't. You would." I threatened him.

"What are you playing at?" He asked narrowing his eyes, examining me. "Cause, you won't win the game you yourself started." He smirked. I gave him one look. One look which clarified him that I was going to win.

"We'll just have to wait and see." I said calmly. Getting up, taking a few steps back, ready to leave.

"What's the catch?" He called out.

"There are no rules." I winked and exited his room.

*-*-*-*

"Woah! Easy there, tiger!" Someone said as banged my locker shut. I looked at the person in annoyance. Ryan Andere.

"What is it, Ryan?" I asked sighing.

"You don't look well." He stated.

"Blame him not me." I said annoyed. "Oh c'mon! Lock!" I suddenly shouted as I struggled with the key on the locker. I heard Ryan sigh as he helped me with the key shifting me further away from my locker. He then turned to face me. One hand resting of the locker and the other on my waist. He pulled me closer to him.

"What happened?" He asked concerned.

"Apparently, I am pregnant."

"What?" Ryan raised his eyebrow in confusion. I narrated the whole story to him.

"Oh wow! He's such an ass." Ryan said rubbing his temples, "Can I kill him?!"

"Nope. Forget it. He's not worth it." I said while a smile played in my mouth. I got on my toes and pecked him on the cheek.

Soon after, Ryan and I walked into the library. We chatted for a while. "By the way, I am taking you out tonight." He stated casually.

"Why would I go out with you?" I asked him even though I knew the answer. We both had been going out for a awhile now. It wasn't anything huge though. My relationship with him was more of a trial one. We just wanted to go slow till we actually liked each other. One thing I really liked about Ryan was that he was intellectual and a very smart guy. He was fun to be around. He was a gentleman.

"So, I'll pick you up at 7. Where something nice." He informed before hurrying to his next class. I sighed and turned my attention to the book I was reading, Criminal Psychology.

*-*-*-*

"Um, Ara? Can you help me?" Jenna asked as she stood at my door. I had just done doing my hair. "Green suits you." She complimented.

"Thanks! What do you need help with?"

"So, Oli and I are going to a party and I don't know what to wear. I am confused." She stated. I sighed.

"Well, what do you have in mind?" I asked. She held out a finger indicating that she'd be back in minute. She came back with two dresses - a black spaghetti and a red strapless. She also had gotten an outfit that consisted of a pair of blue denim ripped shorts and a red tank top that said, 69. Hmm.

"That's the company's name. But, who said I am the innocent one?" She smirked throwing a wink at me. I laughed at her cute, dirty mindedness. Oh Oliver, only if you know how lucky you were to have her.

"I think you should wear the outfit tonight." I said in all honesty.

"Seriously? Like are you sure?"

"Yeah. Well if you are perceived to be innocent, Oliver is nothing but guilty." I joked. A blush crept up her cheeks leaving them bright red.

In the next hour, I helped Jenna getting ready. By the end of it, she looked really adorable. With the smokey eye and nude lip colour, she did justice to her outfit.

"Thank you so much, Ara! I like how I look." She smiled. I did the same without saying anything. I felt I had already done enough for him and her, "Well, let's be off then. Both our boyfriends will freak out if we don't head down!" I joked as both of us grabbed our purses and headed down stairs.