Chapter Thirteen

Aradhana's POV:

"I am gonna miss, honey!" Maureen whispered into my ear. I was bidding farewell to her. We had spent almost two months together. But, I guess the bond we created was much more than just mere two months. I kissed the side of her head rubbing her back. Silas was behind his mother's legs as he tugged into her palazzo. I looked down at him with a small smile. He looked away for a moment just to look right back at me, "Why you leave? You promised you no go." He said in a small voice. I felt my heart dip a little. We both had became really close. 'Partners-in-crime' more like.

"I am sorry. bud. I have to. I will come back soon, okay?" I sighed and crouched at his level, trying really hard not to cry. His eyes watered, as his lower lip trembled. He held a hand as if he was reaching me. I held it and pulled him into a hug. We stayed in same position for a while until, Oliver came up to me, telling me we had to leave.

Since the time Oliver came back into my life - a week ago, he literally has one not only Maureen heart but also, Silas' - which is rare. Both of us had gotten closer, maybe not enough. But, we did and I was happy. We drove in and around the streets of Dallas, stopping in between for food and rest. One thing I have realized that, both of us shared the love of travelling and meeting inspirational people. Both of us jamming to same music and loving similar songs. We went for another ultra-sound just for his satisfaction. He insisted to see his babies. Initially I refused but, I guess I knew he was trying hard for gaining my forgiveness and it only was fair to show him his kids. Thinking of that still gived me butterfkies, I wonder if he felt similar.

"Hey, you good?" Hid voice brought me back to reality. I looked at his ever-green eyes wondering how I hadn't recognized how beautifully green his eyes were.

"Um, yeah. I am just unhappy I had to leave them. They'd become a family." I said looking away. I wasn't sure if I could look  into them any longer without getting lost in them.

"I am sorry. I hope you told them they could come whenever needed." His soft voice lingered into my ears. They were so full of worry that it almost made me gasp.

"I told them." I said pressing my lips together. He watched me for a moment or two before extending his hand to gently rub mine. His touch was assuring. Almost making me believe I could trust him. My stomach flattered, surprising me. I gulped the feeling and watched out of the car window.

"Ara, I have to tell you something." He said. "Jen and I are not together."

What? My mouth agape.

How? As if he could read my thoughts, he spoke.

"It was the day you left. I had spent about two to three hours searching for you. Both of us had an argument for some reason and I told her about us." He paused. "She left. We were over." He finished.

A spark of happiness lit up my heart. The feeling was uncomfortable and yet so, relieving. "I am sorry." Was all I could mumble. He just smiled and just caressed my wrist. I felt safe. It felt home.

Three hours of traveling later, we had finally arrived at our house. It looked the same when I left it. The living room was the same with the plywood furniture, the same old fireplace, the same vintage sofas, same pictures that hanging on the walls. The only difference was those photos didn't feel strange to look at anymore. The wedding picture wasn't as hurtful to see as it used to be. It had been shifted from my room to the living room. I was curious to know what had happened. I walked further in the hallway that once held Oliver's medals and trophies on one side and the other was dedicated to me. Now, they were altogether. Our business awards were kept together. Our swimming records were kept together. My badminton and basketball trophies were kept along with his football and polo ones. It felt almost foreign. The dining room was the same. My room was exactly the same. The same sheets, the arrangement of my books. The TV was still sitting on the same table facing my bed. The photos of my family was still hung at the same place. The writing on the wall that said, "Just because you're a girl, doesn't mean you can't do it." was still there above the bed board.

"Hey, the food's ready. Um Aunty Pat can't wait to see you." A voice startled me. I jumped up slightly and snapped my head toward Oliver.

"You scared me!" I exclaimed with a relief.

"I am sorry." He chuckled and beckoned me toward the dining room. I smiled a little and followed him. "Um, I did change the things a little bit here. I hope you don't mind." He informed me clearly referring to the hallways and living room.

"It will take time to adjust." I shrugged.

"Um also, Carter's mom invited us to their anniversary tonight. I think you I told you. I don't remember."

"Yeah, you told me." I said as we entered the dinning hall.

"Oh Ara! I missed you so much!" Aunt Pat came up to me crushing me into a hug. I then realized how much I missed this.

"I missed you too Aunt Pat." I mumbled.

"Why did you leave me, young lady?" She pulled away, playfully scolding me.

"I am sorry." I muttered.

"Now, now dear. Come sit. You need some energy! Haven't you been eating anything?" She asked as Both Oliver and I sat on the table. This time, he came over to sit next to me instead of sitting on the other end.

The rest of our lunch went smoothly. The way it had been happening since the past week. We didn't have any awkward silences, weird questions or any kind of tension. Later in the evening, Oliver left for a meeting asking me to be ready before he returned. That's what I was doing. I was stood in front on my wardrobe finding for a decent dress to wear. My fingers roamed on all the white, blue, black, red green and peach dresses I had. I really didn't want to dress up tonight. I decided upon a simple red tent dress.

Half an hour later, I look at my reflection in the mirror. I liked it. It was sweet simple. With a pair of black kitten heels. I wore the golden watch my grandpa gifted me on my 17the birthday. I felt my stomach churn. I put my hand on my stomach feeling anxious yet, content. I rubbed my stomach with a smile. Through the mirror, I saw Oliver resting on the door frame.

"You want to touch?" I asked him. He looked at me in surprise. I nodded my head at him. He walk up and held my waist with one hand while the other rested on my stomach.

"We are in this together. I promise not to ever hurt you and our kids again." He whispered, giving me a peck on the cheek.

*-*-*-*