Chapter Fourteen

Aradhana's POV:

I held tight on Oliver's arm as we stood in front of the whole crowd. The party had ended half an hour ago. The only people stayed back were the families of mine, Oliver's and Carter's. I had informed Oliver before arriving here that, the families deserved to know. I felt his hand wriggling out of my hold and circle around my waist. He pulled me closer and held on. He kissed my forehead muttering, "We're in this together." Like the way he was saying all throughout the week.

"Is everything okay?" Oliver's mom, Hannah spoke. She was sitting on the sofa with my mother and Carter's on either side. Our fathers on the other sofa. Carter stood next to us. DJ stood beside my mom, hand crossed over his chest. Oliver's sister, April - was sitting on the armchair with her two-year-old daughter, June.

"Mom, dad. Um, we need to tell you something." Oliver said sensing my nervousness.

"Go on..." His mother said.

"Ara, you are fine. Right?" My mom asked, almost standing up.

"Yes. It's just, we are expecting." I said with small voice. Not sure of how I sounded.

What happened next was almost deafening. All the mothers squealed and screamed in anticipation. April closed her daughter's ears and playfully glared at our mothers. Our fathers laughed at the scene. A smile cracked on my lips. I looked over to DJ, he had a smile on his face - as if he was proud of me. He had grown to look so much like Mukund. A tear escaped my eyes. I missed my older brother. It had been almost three years since he serving in the Marine Corps. It sucked.

"I am so proud of you, Ara." I heard Oliver say. I wiped my eyes and looked up to him. He was smiling down at me.

"Oh my baby! She is growing up so fast!" My mother exclaimed with visible tears falling down her face. I just smiled at her. She hugged me tight as I hugged her back. Soon after, the others joined and congratulated us. I was thankful of Oliver to have never my side.

"Hey, sis." DJ finally approached us. I literally tore myself from Oliver and latched on to DJ. It had been five months since I had seen him. "Hey, easy there!" He chuckled. I buried my face further into his chest.

"I missed you! How's college?" I asked him once we pulled away. He told me about how life was great and how he was learning a lot in fashion communication. From styling to graphics. From photography to filming. I was proud of him. He had always been the rebel of the family. Instead of wanting to pursue the family business, he wanted to do something for himself. Create history.

"Now, if you excuse me, I have to talk to my brother-in-law." He said with a serious, mocking tone.

"Go easy on him." I warned him.

"The last time I checked, you didn't care." He teased. I lightly shoved him away. He laughed heartily and started talking to my husband.

"Who are you and what did you do to my Oli?" Carter came up to me and teased. Something about the tone he used, confused me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you have him whipped!" He chuckled.

"How?"

"Well first, he broke it off with Jen, then he cared for you. Third, he did whatever he could to look for you. Fourth, you had him worried to death. Fifth - for the first time in so many months, he looks happy." He said.

"Is it a good thing?" I asked him. Still not sure what he was getting to.

"Terrific. And Ara, thanks for that. Congratulations, by the way." He said before turning at his heels.

*_*_*_*

The ride home was terribly silent. I didn't appreciate it especially after the past week when all we both did was bond and act crazy during car rises. Oliver had a frown on his head. He was gripping the steering wheel, knuckles getting pale. He would jerk the gears every now and then.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked not sure of the reaction I would get from him.

"It's just. Nevermind. It doesn't matter." He muttered, shaking his head. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Oliver, if it's about something that will effect both of us or the babies, it's better you shared it."

"Jen called." As soon as he said her name, I felt something tucked my stomach. I looked away.

"And...?" I dragged trying to sound unaffected.

"She wants to meet and talk about our relationship. I don't want to go." He confessed. No matter how hard I tried to suppress my smile, I couldn't help it.

"Why?" The curiosity to ask him this specific question got the best of my interest.

"Ara, what I had with her was the past. She was my first love. There's no doubt about that. I knew I had to eventually let her go and face the reality. Now, that I have created a bond with you that is stronger considering the fact that we are having kids. I can't just leave you. I can't make myself to do it. If leave now Ara, coming back to you won't be easy on me. I have already hurt you. I can't do that again. You deserve better." The words sounded so genuine that it was almost hard for me to believe him. Sure he promised he wouldn't leave but, I had a feeling he would leave if she came back.

"You don't have to do me any favors. You can go if want." I said in a small voice. He stiffened at my words.

"I could if I wanted to. But, I will never go just for something that happened in the past. She was my first. You are the one I have now. You'll be the one I'll have for probably a long time. I don't even doubt that. I am not doing any favors to you nor I am doing any for anyone. I am doing what's right. You are right. This whole thing is right. After a longtime, I know what I am doing is right. Right for me." By the time he finished his speech, he took my hand into his as we drove in silence. That's when I realized, he meant every single word he said and, I for a change could trust him.

"Ara, always remember we are in this together." He whispered.

*_*_*_*

Eee!! A terribly tiny, sweet chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! I'll probably try posting tomorrow as well. If I have the energy to write tonight, I will definitely treat you guys with a double update! You deserve it!

Thanks a lot. I love you all so much xx
- SD