Chapter 4 - Reaping

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we get to the center, also called square, it's already full. We're one of the last to arrive. I quickly sign in and walk to the 16 year olds section. I see Sarah a few rows away and wave at her, she waves back. Then I see Cato standing with the 16 year old boys, and he's staring at me. Absolutely staring at me. I glare at him and turn my attention to the stage where a green woman walks to the microfone. She wears a green ugly dress and a green ugly hat. Then she wears tons of green makeup and last she wears green skin. Wow, she must really love green, I think to my self. I remember her name since last year, it's Nicki or something.

"Welcome everyone! I am really happy to be here with district 2 another year to pick 2 brave kids! To enter the Hunger Games!" she shrieks with a voice that makes me wanna throw up. 

"Now, it's time to select the girl to represent district 2 in the 74th annual Hunger Games!" she continues and I can't help but to feel a bit nervous.

Nicki walks over to the glass bowl full of girl name, she pulls down her hand and move around a bit before she picks one. I stare at the piece of paper and butterflies starts moving in my stomach. Nicki opens the note and a small grin spreads on her face. 

"Clary Sevina!" at first I'm a bit relieved but then reality hits me. Sevina. Clary. F***. I turn around to look for my sister and I see her with eyes big and a terrible scared face. When the peacekeepers comes to bring her up on stage I start wonder why no one volunteers. But it's crystal clear, no one volunteers when a 18 year old gets picked. It's no use they say. Well, now it's really is use.

The peacekeepers starts dragging my sister up on stage when she refuse to walk by her self. I'm still in so much chock but when Clary starts screaming and kicking the peacekeepers to get free I wake up. Someone has to do something, she wont even get into the arena, she will kill herself as soon as possible just to avoid the arena and the Games. When I realize no one will do something, I do the only thing that I can do now.

"I volunteer!" I shout and Clary falls silent for about 5 secounds and stares at me. Then she starts screaming again but this time of sadness. I give her a weak smile as I walk past her on my way up on stage.

"That is just...Wonderful." Nicki says when I'm standing next to her. "What is your name, dear?" 

"Clove Sevina." I say giving her a quick glance. "Alright...That was your sister, right?" Nicki says and I nod. I remember to not show any emotions so I put my face neutral. Nicki walks over to the boys boys' bowl. She picks a note and walks back to the microfone.

"William Scooter!" she shouts over the croud. I small, small boy from the 12 year olds section starts moving and I can see a lonely tear falling down his cheak.

"I volunteer!" a familiar voice shouts. My eyes snaps to the boy who volunteered and I have to really fight myself to not curse and swear at him. That annoying little....If he...Just no..ahh!! I absolutely hate him now. I see him walk up the stage and stand next to Nicki. Why the hell did he volunteer? He's not even 18? Well, neither am I but my case is a lot different than his.

"And whats your name?" Nicki ask him. "Cato Hadley." Cato says. Yes, yes of course... Damn you I'll so kill you in the arena, I think of all the hatefull words I can find in my head . I turn my head to Cato and gives him a death glare. He frowns at me, not understanding my anger. Of course, he's stupid too. 

"You will so rock this Cato! You're gonna win!" a random person shouts from the croud and Cato looks satisfied. Me, on the other hand, and my anger just grows and I find the person who shouted and kill him with my glare. He seems pretty scared but I continue glaring at him and then I go back to killing Cato with my glare. It's pretty funny actually, killing people with glares.  

"Here you have them, this years tributes, Cato Hadley and Clove Sevina!" Nicki screams and the croud goes crazy. I smile and wave a little. The peacekeepers bring us back to the justice building and the last thing I see and hear before they close the doors is the croud screaming Catos' name. This makes me so angry, I will so show them that I'm at least as good as Cato, if not better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~