Chapter 18 - Hunting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 My first thought when I wake up is: where the hell am i? then i realize it and a small smirk start to form on my lips. 

I slowly lift myself from the ground, where i slept this night, and look around. Marvel is lying a few metres to my right and his mouth is slightly open. ahaahh cute.

I turn around and see Kevin huddled against a backpack. He looks so small and helpless, I cant help but smile at him. I see an apple lying on the ground so i pick it up and take a bite, right as I turn around and see Cato and Glimmer huddled tight, tight, together. My chew gets stuck in my throat and i cough. Cato jerk and wakes up, bringing Glimmer with him. When he sees me, coughing my life out, he quickly runs over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Whats wrong? Whats happening?" he ask, sounding too polite for my taste. 

"I..just..When I saw you two my apple piece got stuck in my throat. And if you're wondering how an apple piece can get stuck in a throat, well, you haven't seen you two together. It's an awful sight, really." I explain and...is that a flash of hurt is see? No, now it's gone. Ah, well, probably nothing. 

"Uh..Right." he stutters and leave my side. Weird boy.

"We should probably get going. Most of the tributes can't have gone far so we should be able to find some." Marvel, who's suddenly next to me, says. We all agree and each of us go to pick up our weapons. Since I already have all the knives I just stand there and wait for the others.

"You stay here and continue with your...thing." Cato orders Kevin and he nods, looking terrified that Cato talked to him. I roll my eyes at Cato for being such a boss.

We take off in a run to the forest on the right side of the platforms we all stood on in the begining of the Games. We ran for what seemed like hours but we couldn't find anyone. After a while, Glimmer stopped, putting her hands on her knees, panting. 

"How was your training there in 1?" I ask her, not even breathless. We did this thousands of times back home and I'm barely tired. I can see that Cato isn't either. But both Marvel and Glimmer are panting heavily. Losers.

"Fine. We stop here and eat a bit. But only because I'm hungry." Cato says when Glimmer pleads for a quick rest. I'm about to complain but Cato gives me a warning look. Whaaaat? Since when do Cato put Glimmer before me? Oh, right. Since forever. Ugh...

We rest and eat a bit and by a look on the sun, I can tell that the clock is about noon. And we still haven't found any tributes. Where the hell did they go? Seriously. All of them can't just disappear. I notice that the Gamemakers must be bored since the heat is increasing. 

We walk around for 2 more hours until finally Glimmer loses it and starts to complain.

"There's no one here! Lets go back, it's getting dark!" and so on. She continues for so long that Cato - who apparently became our leader - gives in and we turn around to head back to the camp. My mood drops because I actually looked forward to find some tributes. We're almost back at camp when I suddenly hear something.

I stop dead in my tracks and listen. The others turn around to ask me what's going on but I just hold my hand up to them. The sounds is coming to my right and I slowly turn around and start to walk quietly to where the sound is coming. When I round a tree a now can see a fire just 10 metres away from where I'm standing. Beside the fire there's a girl sitting, warming her hands. Gotcha.

Glimmer tries to walk past me to the girl but I stop her.

"Mine. I heard her." I whisper and she tries to complain but Cato puts a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. I grin satisfied as I turned back to the girl. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 eeeeeeeeeerrrrr.......

well . ... hi ? 

no but seriously this story isn't going good. i'm going to finish this as fast as possible because i have this other story going on and i really want to focous on it.

anyways, thank you, all of you, for reading! it's going upward though this story actually dont deserves it ;P

thankkkkkkksss ;*