Chapter 19 - Killing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The stupid girl didn't notice me when I crept up beside her. Since she probably was deaf for not noticing me, I decided to have some fun. I quietly sat down next to her and started to warm my hands, just like she was. She started humming to some song that I recognized so I started to hum along with her.

Suddenly she went completely quiet, as if she had heard me, then she shrugged it off and continued to warm her hands.

I sat next to her for ages, until I finally got bored and picked up a little branch and snapped it in two. The girls head jerked in my direction and I smiled coldly at her.

"Hello. You really need to work on your attention." I said to the girl with a snort and pulled out a knife.

The girl's eyes widened at the sight of my knife and I saw her hands shaking in fear.

"H-how long h-have you be-en here?" she stuttered, eyes fixed on my knife.

"Doesn't matter." I said and right when her eyes jerked up to meet mine, I jumped on her and tackled her to the ground.

I pinned her arms down with my knees while I sat on her stomach. Cato and the others revealed them selfs after I had pinned her down and began serching through her backpack. The girl screamed and caused very much noice when she was attacked by me.

I put my knife to her throat and immediately she stopped screaming. I simrekord at her and started cutting small cute in her throat and on her face.

"Just get it over with!!" The girl groaned under me. Well, that's not going to happen.

"Clove, kill her now or i will." Cato put a hand on my shoulder but i jerked it off. What was wrong with them? I got off the girl, not caring that i left her free, and stomped back in the shadows where Marvel was now standing. I turned around and saw Cato looking at me in a strange way but he quickly shrugged it off and handed a dagger to Glimmer. Whaaaat? Was he going to let her kill the girl but not me? Who's district partner was he?

Glimmer went up to the girl with a small smirk playing on her lips. I turned my gaze away, disgusted, but i still heard the girls piercing scream through the darkness off the night. Actually shouldn't I be this disgusted - i was going to kill her way more painfully - but something about Glimmer and her way killing people with that ease just made me unsure.

I shrugged off my thoughts and turned around as Marvel said we probably should head back to camp. I started walking but stopped immediately dead in my tracks. I had seen a boy standing there, staring at us. He had probably seen the way we killed the girl. He probably knew that we were the Careers. Maybe thats why he had twirled around and started running away from us as soon as he saw me seeing him.

Well, he's not going to get away from here alive.

The others had also noticed him and we took off in a rush to catch up with the boy. Since we had trained all our lives, catching up with a boy from one of the outstanding districts wasn't so hard. 

When we catched up with him, Cato flew on top off him, pinning him down with force. As the boy was still I could see he actually was kind of big. He had decent muscles all over his visible skin. My eyes travelled to his face and saw dirty blond hair and baby blue eyes. He also had a sharp jawline.

It was him. The boy from 12. Katniss loverboy. He who had looked so good together with Katniss on the tribute parade.

Though he didn't looks so good under Cato's whole bodyweight and a knife pressed against his throat.

"Wait...I-" loverboy tried to speak but Cato pressed the knife harder against his throat and a lonely blood drop ran down his neck. 

"Let him speak." I said to Cato, he might have something intresting to say, who knows?

Cato grunted but put the knife back in his belt, still pinning the boy down.

"Let me go and - I know you want Katniss dead - I can help you find her." what was that? was he serious?

"Hold on. Weren't you like madly in love with that chick?" Marvel said the question we all probably were thinking about.

"Ah, that was all for the cameras. And to get her on my side. So she trust me." I remembered his name as Peeta now. So this boy, Peeta, was offering us his help to find his district partner - who he had claimed to be madly in love with - and kill her? 

Didn't make sense.

"So...If i've got this right. You are offering us your help to find Katniss and in exchange you get your survival for now?" I summarized it all while talking very slowly.

Peeta nodded.

Ah, finally it made sense.

I glanced at Cato, who was still on top of Peeta. He looked very confused and had a small frown on his face. That little frown was adorable. 

I did not just say that. Think. Whatever.

"Fine." Cato concluded. Marvel pulled out a dagger and handed it to Peeta.

"Umm...It would be really nice if you could get off me." Peeta said cautiosly. I snorted with laughter. Cato gave me a death glare but got off Peeta.

"Whats your name?" Cato asked Peeta, kind of harsh.

"Peeta." Peeta fingered on the dagger he'd been given.

"Well, we're going to call you loverboy because your name is to weird and I dont like bread." now I laughed out loud, but to Cato. 

He looked proud of making me laugh, which was very werid. 

"Alright loverboy, it's not dark yet so lead us to her." Cato commanded Peeta and he took off, with us behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was a long chapter! :)

anyways, i know that i've said this like a million times before but, i'm sorry for not updating!!

it's not much left of this story and its actually really hard to make myself time to sit down and write that little extra that it takes to finish a chapter. 

but i'm thinking about this story very often and i'm trying to come up with different new ideas!

and i see that there's a LOT more readers now than before and i just want to say THANK you for having patience with this story. for you i'm going to finish this story! :) :)

bye! and happy new year! :) <3

~~