Chapter 23 - Two Winners

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day we spent trying to build up our camp. We gathered so much of our supplies we could find (which weren't much) and put them inside the cornucopia. While we worked my mind drifted of to wonder how many tributes there actually was left.

"How many of us are left?" I asked Cato as I organized my knives for the 10th time this day.

He looked up at me and then started to count on his fingers.

"You, me, Katniss, that big boy from 11...Eh I don't remember anymore but it's two left." he said as he slowly closed his fist.

"Peeta? Is he still alive?" it was unthinkable, Cato had stabbed him really badly.

"Hm...I did stab him but he maybe got sponsors."

"Well if he's left there's only one left...Ehm..Wasn't there a girl from 5? That read headed chick?" I couldn't remember her name but since her hair was pretty outstanding I had noticed her.

"Yeah." he shruggered before sliding his sword inside his belt.

We were just done with our new camp when Claudius voice boomed through the arena.

"Attention tributes, attention!"

Cato and I looked at each other with a frown before turning our heads back up to the sky.

"There have been slight a rule change. From now on, two tributes can win if they're both from the same district. This message will not be reapeted." Claudius voice slowly faded away after his messge and the birds started singing again.

I slowly registered his words and then my eyes snapped at Cato as it went up for me. We could both go home.

Cato had a huge grin spred over his face and without thinking I threw myself in his arms. We were too busy with hugging each other and laughing that we didn't realize what we actually was doing.

Suddenly I freezed and backed away a little so I could see his face. To my surprise the grin was still on his face and his eyes seemed to glow. There was a small tension between us, not an awkward one, but one were you're waiting for the other to say or do something.

"Uhh.." I stuttered, not sure what do to since I was still in his arms. I tried to get out of his grip but when i struggeled against him he just held me tighter.

"We're going home together." He said simply.

"Yeah... I heard." I frowned up at his smirk but a gasp escaped my lips when his hand travelled from my hair down my back.

"What are you doing?" I tried to sound harsh but it was hard when his hand rubbed my back slowly.

He didn't answer, instead he simply smirked and learned closer. I suddenly realised what he was going to do and quickly pulled away so I was standing a few metres away.

"Uhh..We should probably get some food, maybe look for the other tributes." I stuttered, knowing well that we had all the food we needed. Cato nodded slowly but kept his gaze glued to my face. I felt the awkwardness coming up so I turned around and slung my backpack over my shoulder.

We started walking through the forest in search of the other tributes.

----------

1-2 days flew by and nothing happened, but I got the feeling of something big was going to happen. 

And I was right.

It was night and Cato and I was sat on the ground next to a small camp fire in a small clearing in the forest when we heard Claudius voice through the arena once again.

"Attention tributes! There will be a feast tomorrow at dawn, but not just any feast, each of you need something, desperately, and it will be there at the feast at the cornucopia tomorrow. This message will not be repeated."

I frowned. We weren't in desperat need of anything right now, actually I would say we were doing pretty fine.

"What, exactly, do we need?" I asked Cato and turned my head in his direction.

"Isn't it obvious? We need tributes." he simply answered.

When he said that it made sense to me. Of course, the only thing we needed was other tributes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's okay to shoot me.

if i'm going to be honest, the reason why i haven't updated is bc i'm too lazy. I had like 10 sentences left of this chapter when i stopped writing the last time and then i was just toooo lazy to finish it.

so if you dont shoot me, i probably will. 

haha no but ... THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THOUGH I PERSONALLY THINK THIS STORY SUCKS!

IT'S ALMOST 1000 READERS!! OMFGOGMFNAHKW BHK

IM FREAKING OUT. YES.

i love you all verrryyy much thank you thank you thank you! :)

NOW. I'm going tooooooooooooo.... do something... :P

bye!