Chapter 27 - The Finale p.2 (CATO'S POV)

Thresh didn't even flinch when he heard my voice, nor did he look up. He just kept staring into the flames before him. In any normal case I would immediately have gotten suspicious. However, this wasn't any normal case, this was my revenge for the only girl I have ever loved, and any thoughts of suspiciousness were blown away like a feather in the wind. 

"If you want to be grumpy and ignore me while I kill you, that's fine with me, but before I end your pointless life, tell me why you saved that fake chick from 12 by killing the only true chick on earth?" I had stepped closer to him and was now just next to him, with my hand tightly wrapped around my dagger. 

Still, Thresh didn't move or make any sign that he had noticed me. If he was going to just sit there while I killed him I might aswell just leave him. The smart part in me told me to take all his stuff and tie him to a tree and let him starve there, that wouldn't be so brutal nor take much energy. But, as we all know, the stupid part in you always win over the smart part. So that's why I, a few minutes later after trying to get contact to the boy in front of me, without any emotion slid my blade across his throat and watched him fall apart on the ground with no sound.

---

I didn't sleep that night. I lay on the ground with my eyes closed and thought. Thresh had turned crazy, I was sure of that, there was no other explanation. What bothered me though was the growl I had heard in the bushes, both before and after I had enden Thresh's life. I had quickly hurried away and now I hoped dearly that the Gamemakers hadn't made some mutation to put in here with us. It was hard as it was.

Eventually I fell asleep and dreamed about all the times I had watched Clove in the traning center back in 2. 

----------

When I woke up it was still night. I was sure I had slept lots of hours, but the sky was pitch black. However, when I heard the sound, the sky was the least of my problems. It came from right behind me and it was like a mixture of wolf/dog/bear and when I saw the eyes...Well, let me just tell you it wasn't pretty. 

I got up within the second the bright blue eyes revealed themselves and went for my spear before I took of running. Perhaps I would've stayed and fought the creatures if I felt brave enough at that time, but even I realised that those monsters wasn't easy to kill, and if there was one, it had to be more.

The next few hours I spent running. I never saw them when I had the time to throw a glimpse over my shoulder, but I always heard them. Their heavy breathing was always right on my heel. When I finally thought I couldn't run anymore I saw my rescue.

My feets carried me the last few steps toward the cornucopia and I threw my spear up before I jumped and bounced against the wall. My hands got grip and I pushed my self up on the roof. I lay there a few moments just catching my breath and listening to the mutation creatures on the ground beneath me.

When I finaly felt strong enough I slowly got to my feet just as I felt something wet and warm drip down on my cheek. I raised a hand and touched it. It was blood. And it was pouring like crazy. I must've cut my self on a branch or something. But I felt that the end of this years Hunger Games were coming to an end, and I propably wasn't going to make it out, so I let the blood flow.

I bent down to pick my spear up with a sigh but when I rose again my breath got caught. From the woods to my right, two people were running toward the cornucopia in super speed, and one was limping. My guess was that this was Katniss and Peeta.

I looked down to watch the hounds on the ground just to see that they were gone. Instead they were now chaising Katniss and Peeta, just like they had down with me. The Game Makers probably wanted us all gathered.

I slowly backed to the edge of the roof, a plan forming in my head, that could only end with me dying. But as Clove's face flashed before my eyes, all I could think of was that my last acts in this life had to be dedicated  to her. So as Peeta's body crawled up on the roof, I grabbed his arms and dragged him up to a standing position before I wrapped my arm tight around his neck and held with a strong squeeze. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy. Bananas. I actually did it. No, i didn't finish the story, if that's what you think. There's ONE more chapter in this story.

But what I meant was that I actually updated. It's been like a zillion years and I actually have no excuse.  I guess you could say I was 'off inspiration limits'. However, now I feel more inspired than ever. I might aswell write the last chapter as soon as I publish this, who knows?

But I want to thank EVERYONE for reading, 3,6K!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS UNBELIEVABLE. Completely unreal. I don't have enough words to thank everyone enough but I want you to know that it is you, and you alone, that makes me update. Even if you don't like this story, you still opened it. That has to mean I did something you liked, right? ;)

I hope you'll have patience with me to finish the last chapter of this story, and I'll see you soon, hopefully! 

Byeee :* !