Chapter 28 - The Finale p.3 (CATO'S POV)

As soon as Peeta felt my arm wrap around his neck, he began to struggle. Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for him, he was already weak from running and had a hard time catching his breath with my arm crushing his lungs. Even though it wasn't Peeta that has killed Clove, I still felt really satisfied when I squeezed his neck, because he was friends with the one who had killed her.

Now Katniss was up on the roof too and when she saw me strangling her lover she jumped at me (us) with a fierce growl. She was very like Clove for a moment and that made me even angrier.

I lost Peeta for a moment and was struggling with Katniss on top of me, but I just shoved her away and grabbed Peeta again. Though he had caught his breath somewhat and could now fight back a bit. Not that it made any difference, I was still ten times stronger and more experienced than him, even when he was alert and healthy.

After some hard punches to Peeta's face, I grabbed him by his neck again and ran to the edge of the roof where I turned, facing Katniss, while I held her lover in a stern grip and my eyes focused on Katniss's arrow she had somewhat loaded and was pointing at us. Beneath me and Peeta, the hounds were jumping and struggling to get a taste of my feet, and they would get to taste both me and Peeta if Katniss shot her arrow. And I saw that Katniss had realised that too.

"You shoot me, I take him down with me." I grunted, a bit forced because of the extreme struggle it had become to hold Peeta still in my grip. He was like a little snake, crawling like crazy.

Katniss didn't answer, just pulled the string harder back and watched my moves with care.

"I could still do this!" I suddenly screamed, my voice shaking with rage and my mouth full of the blood that kept flooding from my wound in my face. "I could still do this...One last kill. One last kill."

I saw Katniss eyes widen in fear of what might happen to Peeta and I felt his body go still in my arms. I smirked, a smirk full of the madness and grief I felt from Clove's death.

"One last action to put pride in my district. To her. Clove. One last-" my voice couldn't keep on and was cut of by a howl of sorrow that rose through my chest.

"Why!! Why would anyone want her dead? She was the best person anyone could ever imagine." I wasn't talking to Katniss anymore and I think she realised that because I could almost catch a glimpse of compassion in her eyes, but then it was gone.

"But isn't that what you wanted, huh?! Huh?!!" I leaned my head back and was now only screaming toward the sky, where I knew the Game Makers were watching. This was their fault, they created these awful games that only got the person you loved killed. It was their fault that Clove's sister was reaped and forced Clove to volunteer. Everything was their fault!

I lowered my head to Katniss again and no longer felt any rage toward her, just toward this pointless life of mine. I had nothing left to live for, I didn't want to come home and not see Clove, i didn't want to win this game without her.

"Please. Please make it stop.." I whispered to Katniss as my grip around Peeta's neck loosened and he fell down on the roof, trying hard to catch his breath. My eyes pleaded for someone to end my pain and Katniss's eyes were full of pity. I closed my eyes as Katniss let go of her arrow and I smiled as it hit me in the chest, but not killing me instantly. I fell backward and landed of the soft grass without a sound, just a delighted sigh of relief. In my last breath I thought I saw Clove's beautiful eyes on one of the hounds that attacked me. I dearly hoped that it was just an illusion and that Clove's body was sent home to 2, well and healthy. At least so healthy you can be dead.

When the lights swallowed me I felt no pain, not even from the hounds chewing on my body, and as I was about to disappear forever I saw her face look down on me with the famous smirk on her lips.

I was free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm done. Done. Doooooone!
After so many years that I can't even remember when I started, I'm finally done.
I have nothing else to say other than I really hope you enjoyed this story. I liked the end very much.
Now, my focus on wattpad is another story, which is all my imagination. It's called City Girl & Country Boy, and you can find it in my profile!
Hope you all have a wonderful life and I hope we'll see each other on my other story ;);)
Bye, and thank you so much for reading this story, it means so much.
Byyyyyeee! :):):)