Proliouge

(Valka P.O.V)

I smiled lovingly at the sleeping babe in my arms. Stoic came up behind me and warped his arms around my waist, staring down at the child. "My boy" he murmured. " Hunter" I murmured back the child's name. He had been born 3 months ago, being the heir of Berk, today was the day the archipelago elders come. When a heir is born, these elders come to see if he/she is the'prochecy' . 200 years ago, everyone believed they heard the Great Asgard claim a one of a kind prochecy.
A short, low horn was sounded and I sighed." It's time" Stoic murmured. I nodded and looked own at the child sadly. He stared back at me with his emerald green eyes. We walked towards the great all were the elders waited. As we entered, both if us bowed. I held a hunter closely to my chest as one of the elders walked up to me and held her arms out. I was reluctant, but finally placed Hunter gently in the woman's arms. She offered me a smile smile and slightly nodded towards the door. I sighed again but headed out and held Stoic hand tightly. The parents of the heir were not allowed to enter the 'ceremony' as they called. Me and Stoic waited with my Brother, the jorgensons, with a son, and the rest of our old friends. The Hofferson, which had a daughter, the Thornstons, with 2 twins. A boy and a girl. Also the Ingerman, with one son as well. They all smiled and nodded reassuringly. After a few short minutes, one of the woman came out but stood halfway in the door. She motioned for us to come in. We steadily trotted up the cobblestone stairs and quietly entered the hall. Hunter lay in a small wooden crib in the centre if the room, a whistling fire behind him, still a good distance away. I ran up to him and went to pick him up, but one of the elders swatted my hand away. I looked at her, confused. She shook her head and her fingers swayed in front of my face. I opened my mouth to talk. But was cut off." He's the one" The woman says. She has grey hair and creases cover her face. She stand tall and confident though. I'm gobsmacked," really?" Stoic asked, with excitement laced into his voice. The elders nod. I smile with joy, but in the inside I'm crying my heart out. Because of the so called' prochecy' If they find the heir, they have the power to take him away. A woman leads me and Stoic towards a tapestry I'd never seen before. It was written in a Unidentified language, there were pictures of things I didn't even know existed. The tall elder began to chant the prophecy. I could feel tears blur my vision.

Asgard States, a hero shall rise.
A hero that shall end any war that comes in there path.
They will bring peace to both worlds,
The legend shall be a skilled fighter, that shall be unbeaten.
The prophecy will be the Offspring itself, eyes as green as emerald.
The unexpected it was you should expect,
Underestimated and outspoken.
He(P.S)they say he cause Hunters a boy)shall only fall at his most guilty point.
Able to tame the untameable and kill the unkillable.
Shall cherish those who follow and hope for those who won't.
He shall have the heart of a cheif, and the soul of a dragon.

Once the elders had finished there chant, they turned to us and the one elder held Hunter in her arms." The prophecy is your son" The elder dead panned. Stoic was bursting in exitment. I was smiling a smile that didn't reach my eyes." You know what must happen" Another woman said, Stoics smile flattered. I sighed unsteadily, but nodded either way." You have 1 month" the tall elder says before they gather there items, handing Hunter to me and leave the great hall, heading to there guest houses. I held Hunter protectively close to my chest." My little Hiccup" I murmur. It was my own nickname for him. Stoic placed a hand on my lower back as we walk out. We walk past the rest of our friends and Stoic nods in confirmation. The stare at me with pity, but I keep my attention on my precious son. As we enter the house, the dam breaks and tears stream down my face. Stoic holds me close as we Mourn.
One month seemed to fly by, it was now the last night I had with my entire family. I sadly smile down at the sleeping boy. Then, to my horror. A loud horn blows. I look at Hunter in worry and hold him to my chest. Did I forget to mention one thing, sorry. You see most people have Mosquitos or wasps, but us, Berk. We have ..... Dragons.

Hey guys, I had a good idea for a story so open decided to start it. I hope you like it! Plz comment or like. Cya!