Books and Bonding

(Astrid P.O.V)
Me and the rest of the group, discluding Vona, sat in the center of town. Fishlegs was bubbling in excitment, he asked us to come with him to'Study' the Night Fury. You could tell everyone was bored but on the inside they were just as excited. I was to, I mean, why wouldnt you be? No one has every seen a Night Fury this close and lived to tell the tale. Everyone sat up straight when the great hall doors opened. Stoic was the first to walk out, Valka next with the armoured boy behind her. She smiled."Why dont you kids get to know.....Hunter" Valka said, choosing her words carfully. As soon as they left, the boy was bombarded in questions.
"How fast is a Night Fury?"
"How much stuff can you destroy?"
"Can you bet me? I dont think so!"
I rolled my eyes at Snotlouts comment. I walked inbetween them and the boy." Knock it off you twits!" I said loudly. They all fell silent. I turned to him, smiling nervously."We were wondering if, if ummm...well, ifwecouldstudyyou?" I said quickly. He tilted his head slightly. I sighed."Could we study you for the book of dragons?" I asked, slower this time. He was silent for a moment before nodding. I smiled and dragged him into the academy. Fishlegs raced in, book in hand. He passed it to the boy,explaining what he needed. I rolled my eyes when the twins and Snotface sat down at the edge in anticipation. He.....morphed and sat down paitently. It was silent for a while except Fishlegs quite blabbering as he wrote. We all studied the dragon in awe. He had a sleek black body, slightly larger than a fully grown Nadder. Two, long black wings. A few centimeters longer than a Nightmare. A flat, round head with large, green eyes. Small, split spikes went from his head, down his spine and got smaller as they reached his tail. I winced when i saw several scars littering his body. The others noticed this to.
Fishelgs was measuring his wingspan when Dreamcatcher and Vona landed in the academy. She eyed the Night Fury carefully before un-mounting Dreamcatcher."What are you doing?" She asked, curiousity and fear laced in her voice."Where studying him for the book of Dragons!" Fishlegs said a little to enthusiastic. She was silent for a moment before sitting by me. We watched as Fishlegs and Heather now, studied him. I looked at Vona through the corner of my eye to see her scowling slightly."Whats wrong?" I asked her, snapping her out of her daze."Nothing" She said in a plain voice. I rolled my eyes."Your a horrible lier." I said, looking at her. She shrugged."Why dont you like him?" I ask her, gesturing to, Hunter. She was stilk for a moment beofre shrugging again."Its like I dont Like him, I just dont....trust, him" She admitted truthfully. I furrowed my eyebrows, scrunching my nose."Why. If anything, he should be the one not trusting us." I say lowly. She didnt say anything."I....dont, know" She finally admited. I looked back at Snotface and the twins who were now surrounding the Night Fury."Just give him a chance" I suggested, walking towards the group.
Once we finished 'Studying' Hunter, everyone left. Although, I did notice Vona leaving, Hunter at her side.
I smiled.

(Vona P.O.V)

*Just give him a chance*

Those words ringed in my ears as I approached Hunter. I lightly tapped him on the shoulder. I considered running out as he turned towards me, a small smile on his face. He became  nervous when he saw it was me. I wonder why? Am I that scary? I offered him a small smile"Uh..hey?" I greeted him, but it came out as a question."Hey, V-Vona, right?" He asked, stuttering a little. I laughed while nodding. He smiled in....rileif? Anyway."I was wondering if you, ummm, wanted a tour of B-Berk?" I aksed, my voice wavering slightly. He smiled wider."That be great" He said, all nervousness gone. I smiled and lead him out of the academy.
The rest if the night we laughed and talked, shot questions at eachother and went for a fly. I rode both him and Dreamcatcher, it was the most amazing flight ive ever been on. No offense Dreamcatcher. I got to know him better, but in a strange way. He still seemed closed off. I shrugged it off as I fell into my bed. Drifting off to sleep. My mind on the dragon boy in the room next door

(Hunter P.O.V)
I groaned and buried my face into the pillow as the sun blared on my face. Last night came floodinh back to me as I smiled. Vona, I mean, my sister, and I went for a fly as I showed her my top speed. She screamed loud enough for all of Berk to hear, but still enjoyed it. I groggily swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I moaned when I remebered what i promised Fishlegs and the others. Apparenlty, getting to ride the 'Unholy Offspring of Lightning and Death Itself' is 'As cool as a chicken'. Gee, thanks Tuff. I changed into my armour and lightly jogged downstairs. My...parents, were letting me stay in there house. As soon as I opened the door and stepped out I was bombarded by Snotlout, the twins, Fishlegs and Heather. Vona and Astrid stood a few feet away. Watching with amused expresions.
I finally managed to stand up only to be pushed down by Vona. I was on my hands and knees in a crawling position, Vona sitting in my back."This is not how it works" I say with a groan. They all laugh as Vona jumps off. I stand up only to face Astrid."Your not going to jump on me to, are you?" I ask with annoyance in my voice. She laughed."Maybe when your a dragon" She said as we walked towards the academy. I let out a sigh of relief I didnt know I was holding. Once we got there they all waited in anticipation. I smiled and morphed. It was funny to see them stare at me in awe and shock. Youd think I would have gotten use to it after 20 years.

(Astrid P.O.V)
I watched as Vona slipped of the black saddke from the wall with ease. We had gotten Gobber to make one during the night. Hunters eyes widen as he made a break for the door. We all laughed as Snotface shut the door, Hunter inches away. He flew up to the netted roof and clawed at it. Eventually gave up and landing on the ground, next to me. Vona approached him, saddle in hand. He walked away, her following him. After 2 minuted of Vona chasing Hunter as they walked around me in continuoes circles, Snotface got annoyed. He grabbed the saddle from Vona and pounced on Hunter, strapping it on and walking away with a proud smirk on his face. We all watched in amusment as Humter began to freak out. He ran around the arena, hitting his back against anything he could. He tried to bite and scratch it off, to no avil."I guess hes never worn a saddle before."Ruff said dumbly. I rolled my eyes.
Huntet eventually calmed down and got use to wearing a saddle. It was barley noticable because of the colour. Vona slipped onto the saddle with ease and held the grips tightly  she nodded and Snotface opened the arena door. Hunter crouched down and spread his wings, ready to take off. Vona took a deep breath a gently patted Hunters side, gesturing she was ready. He narrowed his ayes and zomed off. Tucking his wings against his side as he went through the door, speading them again as he disapeared in the clouds. The only thing letting us know they were there were Vonas loud screames which cut through the silence that covered Berk.
A few minutes later, Hunter zoomed back down and dived into the arena, flying around, his stomach facing the netted roof. Hunter silently landed in the center of the arena and waited patiently for Vona to un-mount. We all laughed nervously as Vona gripped the saddle for dear life, her eyes wide and her hair a mess. Slowly, she pried herself from the saddle and sat on the floor, curling up in a ball and rocking back and forth. We all stared at Hunter wide eyed. He simply shrugged and waited for the next person to hop on. Everyone imediatly took a step back, except Tuff, who stood there dumbly. His eyes widened once he realised what going on. Tuff nervously luughed and sat comfortably on Hunter. The Night Fury crouched and spread his wings. Tuff was already screaming his head off. I rolled my eyes.'This is going to be a long day'. I thought to myself.

It finally was my turn. I was slightly nervous.
Tuff and Ruff both screamed louder than a whispering death.
Fishlegs was squeling loudly with his eyes squezzed shut.
Snotlout was quiet at first but then screamed and shouted demands at Hunter.
Heather did a mix of screaming, laughing and squeling.
Now, it was my turn. My eyes drated from Hunter and the gang as I steadily aproached Hunter. He sat quietly and paitently as I mounted him and curled my fingers around the saddles grip. I felt him lower as he crouched, spreading his wings fully.
I squezzed my eyes shut.
And with that, he darted out if the arena. I screamed, not as loud as Vona, as the wind hit my face, blowing my braid behind me. Soon, I felt the wind become gentle, and Hunters body become relaxed. I slowly pried my eyes open to be greated with a range of coloured clouds. Light pink, orange, yellow. So many colours surrounded me. I laughed and lifted a hand up to run it throuh the clouds. It felt soft though fingers as it evapourated. I laughed louder and lifted both my hands. I peered over Hunters side to see how high we were. Dark blue clouds greeted me.
I could never go this high on Stormfly.
"This...is amazing" I say with a happy sigh. I hesitate beforee I spoke again."Your amazing" I say, boldly putting my hand on the side if his head. He crooned as we fmew in silence. After a few minutes, He makes a strange noise and I take this as a 'Hold on' .I grip the saddle as Hunter dived down. Soon, the ocean came into view and Hunter pulled up, inches above the ocean. The water flicked up behind us as we zoomed across the ocean in a black blur. Berk came into view as Hunter pulled up slightly, then flattened out so he was soaring across Berk. Soon enough, he dived through the arena doors and circled around the room before landing. I steadily got off, slightly shaken. Hunter morped back and smiled at us."So....?" He aksed curiously. I looked towards everyone.
Vona was still in the same position.
Fishlegs was hiding behind meetlug as she licked his toes.
Snotlout was in a fetal position.
Heather sat inbetween Windsheers legs with a blanket around her.
The twins lay on the floor, each taking turns to smack eachother in silence.
I turned back to Hiccup with a smile."It was fun. We should do it again sometime." I say lowly. They shout in reply.
"NO!!!!"

Hey guys. Sorry for not updating sooner. Also, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, vote or comment if you did. I really appreciate it! Im very proud of this chapter, its nearly 2000 words! Yay! Any way, plz follow me if you dont. Cya!