Part 5

Itami's POV
I woke up sweating like crazy and my breaths were uneven. Seth was still in the chair looking at me as I looked around the room.
"Death, flames, needles, labs, locked, afraid." I mumbled words to myself describing exactly how I felt. Seth told me to lay back down and try to sleep. He said it was close to 3 in the morning. I did as he told and he stroked my hair once again.
"I won't let anything happen to you, Itami. You're my sister. Go to sleep. Everything will be okay." Seth continued to whisper things to me. I knew they were all true and he truely cared. I began falling asleep, this time dreamless.
---time skip---
"Mistress Itami, you must wake up." Seth put a hand on my shoulder, making me wake up.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"9:29, my lord. Breakfast is at 9:45. Then you talk to Lord Phantomhive and Finny."
"Ok." I actually got up and let Seth dress me. I was wearing my black leggings and a black long sleeve shirt. I don't like dresses all that much and they aren't great with combat. I put my hood on and covered my features. I had black combat boots on. Once all this was done, I had breakfast with Joe and Ciel. Then Ciel called Finny and I to his office.
"So... Itami, where are they? That's the thing we need to know the most."
They are in the abandoned factory on the outskirts of London. Finny told him every word I signed. I smiled lightly at him, knowing he couldn't see.
"And you said you knew where the missing girl was. Where is she?"
"She's directly in front of you." Ciel stares at me with a mix of shock and disbelief.
"My full name is Machigai Itami. I was born to Marcey and Quin Machigai. When the people came, they took me. I escaped with the help of Seth and he became my butler. Once we were out, we stayed in the woods. The queen soon found me and took me in as her puppet. She asked nobles if I could stay. The Sage manor was the option before Phantomhive. They said I could stay, you were never contacted. I became a Sage. I am Machigai Itami Sage." They looked at me in disbelief.
"I'm going to start talking because sign language gets hard sometimes. And only a handful of people can read it." I say. (Actually, the writer is having a hard time on a different device trying to change to bold then not then bold then not. Lol.)
"O-okay." Ciel speaks quietly. I wave my hand in front of their faces and they both snap back into reality.
"Oh, right. Come, we should probably get going." Sebastian opens the door for us all to walk through. I let Ciel and Finny go before me and stayed behind to talk to Seth.
"Seth, protect Finny on this mission. I don't care if I get harmed. Keep us both from dying. This is an order." I take my hood off slightly revealing my symbol.
"Yes, master."
After my order to Seth, we walked outside to the carriage that Finny and Ciel were already in. I got in and sat next to Finny. Both of them smiled at me as the carriage began to move.
"So, who exactly are we going up against?" Ciel asked out of the blue.
"They are the people that worked at the lab. They made me and Finny what we are." I stared out the window as I said that. I didn't necessarily want to see how they would respond.
"How many of them are there?"
"There's at most 7. And three of them are allergic to cats so I've got them covered." Finny knew what I was talking about, but Ciel didn't.
"What?" I finally looked back to Ciel. His face was a mixture of confusion and fear. Though, fear not as apparent.
"They injected me with cat DNA when I was there. Three of the helpers had to stay away from me at all times when I wasn't in my human form." It was complete silence for a few minutes before Ciel spoke up again.
"I'm allergic to cats." Oh no. The mission could possibly be jeopardized now.
"Don't get in my way and we won't have a problem now will we?" My voice came out harsher than intended. "Sorry. Lost control."
"It's quite alright." The silence from before settled in. I returned to staring out of the carriage. I was never really paying attention to where we were until we got there.
"Is this it?" Finny spoke something as we got out of the carriage.
"This is where they had their last subject 3 years ago. They've been trying to get her and another subject back for testing. Haven't moved their location because of that." I was staring up at the building. For a factory, even abandoned, it was very large.
"Which two subjects?" Ciel asked.
I gulped and hesitated, but eventually spoke. "Seven and Twelve."
Finny's normally happy expression turned to a pained one as he realized what I said. Ciel seemed to know he was Twelve.
"Who is seven? Why those two specifically?" Ciel's curiosity was what caused this and I couldn't help but answer. Normally I would keep quiet. But he is only 12.
"Seven had to kill other test subjects by force. She was proven to be useful in catching people in a time of need. Twelve was able to get himself out of the lab and apparently ended 4 or 5 scientists on his way. They need more subjects and need a way to stop people from escaping." I avoided answering the first question. Ciel noticed this as Finny went to reach for my hand.
"While that explains the second question with possible lie, you did not answer my first question. Who is seven?"
"I'm seven." I mumbled those two words that haunted my past barely loud enough for them both to hear. Finny then grasped my hand and I'm pretty sure he wasn't ready to let go.
"Don't we have murderers to catch?"