Chapter 5

" Hermione! Where are you going?" I ran up to her, my brown hair trailing behind.
She looked at me and grinned. "Why? Is there something special happening.?"
"YESSS!" I shouted.
Hermione, grasped my hands and looked into my eyes. "Why?Is it Easter holiday! Oh no we have potions today! Or wait, is it a quiditch tournament?"

I giggled. "No something more exciting! "

"Really?" She asked., worry one her face.

"ITS OUR BIRTHDAY STUPID!" I screamed. Grabbing her hands, I danced around pulling her and got stares from others walking past.

"NO WAY! How old are we?"

"SIXTEEN!"

We danced around together and it was as if we were back in the old days, just the two of us, two sisters having fun.

I stopped and looked around. No one even congratulated us.
"That's weird. By now like half of the school would have said happy birthday!"

"Why!? Are you really popular?!"

I giggled. Pulling her along, we made our way to the common room. The fat lady sat there munching on grapes. "Nosebleed. " Hermione said.
We walked in, hand in hand to find no one inside.

"This is strange!" Hermione muttered.

Suddenly, the whole room erupted. All houses,except for slytherin, were there.

"HAAAPPPYY BIRRRTHTTDAY!" They screamed. Harry, Ron and Ginny were there standing in the middle, grinning. I ran up to Harry and kissed him. The whole room 'oohed'. Harry grinned and pulled me in for another kiss. Hermione ran to Ginny and they embraced. I let go of Harry and fell into ginny's arms, giving her a massive hug. Hermione, slowly approached Ron and hugged him. I jumped in, crushing both of them.

We were soon covered in presents, from earnings, bags, trickster kits, books and books for Hermione, perfume and a new quiditch book for me and a mix of all sorts. Harry crept forward and gave me a massive present. Grinning, I opened it to find a nimbus two thousand! My heart leap! Screaming I grabbed him for a hugs and pulled everyone else in too. "It's from the whole Weasley family, and me!" He said.
Then he grabbed another massive present and gave Hermione. She opened it carefully. Inside was a massive book about everything. She grinned and hugged all of us. As the party went on, Hermione approached me.

"Halina!"
"Yeah!"
"I got something for you!" She passed made a carefully wrapped present and I opened it to find a necklace with best friends on it.
Smiling I gave her a box. Inside was a bracelet with best buds. We smiled in unison and hugged each other.

"We will always be together right?" She whispered.
"Always!"

Suddenly, the door opened. A tall, lean figure came inside, wearing green. His blond hair was combed to perfection and his face was as clear as water.

"Malfoy!" Ron growled. Harry pulled Ron back and stepped forward. The whole room went quiet.

"Hello Draco!" He said, trying to be nice. I turned and saw Hermione, her eyes wide with surprise but and small smile lingering.
"What do you want?"
Draco stepped forward.
"I just wanted to give this to the twins,"
In his arms were two presents. Ron rushed forward and screamed. "GET AWAY FROM US SNAKE! WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!"
Ginny grabbed him and pushed him back. Draco stood in the doorway, surprise written all over his face.

"Ron pushed Ginny and she feels to the floor. Dean grabbed her in time and helped her up. "GET AWAY! GET AWAY YOU FILTHY DEATH EATER!"

"STOP!" Hermione stepped forward, rage all over her face.
"RON STOP! STOP!" She wept.

"WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST SLYTHERINS!" She shouted.

Harry grabbed Ron and shouted. "Ron! Don't ruin this day for all of us."

Hermione, wept, her eyes swollen and I tried to comfort her.

"Look, Draco! I'm sorry! Maybe we can go outside?" I muttered. I grabbed Hermione and pushed the door open. Draco followed. He passed the gift to me and I smiled. "Thank you"

He then gave Hermione her present, they looked at each other for a long time, fingers touching. My heart ached and I felt something. Then he was gone, his green robe sliding across the floor.

"THANK YOU!" I shouted.

When we went back inside, the whole room was in chaos. Ron looked at us us and went as red as his hair.

"YOU FILTHY SLYTHERIN TRAITORS! How could you! Mudbloods !" The second that word left his mouth he reddened.

"No! No! I didn't mean it!" He screamed. But hardy had hold of him, Fred and George of the other side. The red haired twins punched him, shoutingthat he was a idiot. I looked at Hermione, and then everything blurred.