Chapter 6

I woke up to a fuzz of boron hair blocking my vision. Pushing it away, I saw it was Hermione. She had fallen asleep next to me and her hair provided a comfortable pillow. Yawning, I looked around.

I was in the hospital. It all came back to me. Draco's visit, ron's tantrum and me fainting. On our birthday.

"Halina!you're up! Thank goodness!" Hermione said, as she got up and started to dust herself.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"not too long, just a few hours!"

I looked outside, the sky was dark and the clock said: 5:30am. "Wow! It's too early!" I groaned.

Hermione smiled and then said, "Ron has been beaten up pretty well. First Harry, the the twins, then by a letter from his parents and lastly Ginny.

"Ginny?" I asked.
"Yup, she's fierce!"

I grinned and muttered that it served him right.

Hermione was becoming edgy and I saw two presents on the desk. Getting up I grabbed mine and said: "you didn't open them?"
She shook her head. "I wanted to wait you!"
Smiling I passed her present.
"Ready? Three, two, one!" I ripped the present open to find a pair of shoes for quiditch. I stared at them and my heart lifted. Maybe slytherins aren't too bad.

I turned and found Hermione staring at a box. Inside was a beautiful necklace, with diamonds and all silver. Tears left in her eyes and I grabbed her hand.

"We better say thank you!"

***

We ran to the slyterin common room.
"Halina! I don't think we should be doing this!" She muttered.
"Draco gave us a present and we should, have the curtesy to thank him!" I replied.
"It's only 5:45am!"
"SO? SLYTHERINS ARE EARLY WAKERS!"
"I know you care for him!" I added.
She looked up in surprise but I kept on walking. What made me think that! Hermione wouldn't like Draco!

Shaking my head, I came to the door.

A thin skeleton man sat there in the painting.
"Password" he said in a monotone voice.
"Horseshoe!" Hermione replied. I stared at her in surprise.

"How did you know that?" I asked in surprise. She looked at me and blushed.
"I overheard some slytherins!" The door opened and a long passage came into view.

My stomach lurched and I realised what a bad idea this was. Hermione however now had a different idea. She pulled me inside and started to make her way down the passage.

Shivering, I grabbed her hand and followed now scared.
Noise came from a room and Hermione stood outside, took a deep breath and opened it.

Faces came into view and all of them held surprise to confusion to anger. "GRYFINDORS IN OUR HOUSE!" One screamed. They grabbed their wands.

Expellam-" one started.

"No!" I clear voice came from across the room. I shrunk back and I felt Hermione grasp my hand tighter. Draco Malfoy came into view, his blond hair messed up and tiredness in his face. Hermione steeped forward.
"Can we please have a private talk with you Draco?" She asked. He nodded before turning to his house.
" OBLIVATE!" All of their faces grew confused for a second and then showed nothing. He grabbed the handle and led us outside.

"I'm so sorry for coming! Now your whole house will think you are a traitor!" I rambled. He stopped me.
"I erased their memory of what just happened, it's ok."
Hermione looked at him and ran into his arms.
"Thank you!"
I stood there watching in total surprise as he stroked her head and muttered things. My heart leap and I realised what was happening before my eyes.

They realised that I was here and broke apart immediately, both turning redder than any of the Weasleys could.

I realised that Hermione had lied to me.
I realised that a snake and a lion were together.
I realised it was wrong.
I realised so many things I never realised before.

"Halina.." Hermione started but I stopped her.
"You two have been together for a long time. You love each other. And I don't care." I ran into Hermione arms and grabbed Draco.

"Thank you for understanding," he mumbled. I smiled, "I have nothing against you Draco! Just don't hurt my sister!"
They laughed and I checked the time. "Better get going!" Hermione kissed Draco and they looked at each other, before breaking apart.

We returned to the room in silence... It had been a long night.