Chapter 36

The entire room was white, and held only one object. A small bed. On that bed lay a thin girl. She had soft chocolate hair and tanned skin. She wore a long white dress.
Suddenly, she opened her eyes and stared at her surroundings. Slowly and cautiously, she got out of bed and walked around.
"Hello? Hello? Anyone there?" She cried, her voice cracked from disuse. Billions of thoughts crammed her mind. Where was she? Was she dead? Is this what heaven looks like? Am I going to live here for the rest of my life- alone?

Shakily, she put her thin hand to her chest and sighed. The usual thud of her heart wasn't there. So she was dead. A single tear trickled down her cheek and with a sigh she sat back down on the creaky bed.
She could remember small details of her life, however most of it was blurry. She knew her name was Halina Granger. She knew she was a witch and attended Hogwarts- but she didn't know what Hogwarts was. She knew she was a twin, of Hermione Granger and she knew there had been a war, with a person called Voldemort. But who was that?

"AAH!" She screamed, annoyed. Tears started prickling in her eyes and she wiped them away furiously. Looking up, she suddenly noticing a dark figure heading towards.
Shakily, she got to her feet and called out, "Hello? Who are you?"
The figure didn't reply, but it got bigger and bigger as it walked towards her. Halina could make out the shape of a tall woman, wearing a long dress, but that was it.

Suddenly, the woman's face came into sight. She had long brown hair and a genuine smile. Staring into her eyes, Halina gasped and fell back. Thoughts started filling her mind. Memories. Of a woman, who lay dying before her daughters. A black haired boy with glasses and a redhead, stuffing his mouth.
She saw her life, everything she did, she remembered her friends, teachers, names. Everything came back.

The woman smiled and stuck out a hand for Halina. She grabbed and the woman pulled her up. Soon they were standing nose to nose. "You've grown, Halina." The woman uttered.

Halina's POV:

"Mom!" I screamed and grabbed the woman. Soon they were a mess, crying, laughing and hugging.
"I've missed you and your sister," she said.
"We've missed you more. " I cried.

Finally, the tears subsided and they stood staring at each other.
"Where am I?" I asked.
"I'm glad you asked." Her mother said and brought her over to the bed. They sat down and her mother started.
"When a witch or wizard dies bravely, sacrificing themselves for another, they get a choice of choosing whether to join the dead in heaven or return to the real world. You are now in the area between life and death." * (look at the end of the chapter for an explanation)
I stared at her.
"Does that mean that Fred and all the others got this choice and chose to go to heaven?" I asked.
"No. This opportunity comes only once every 1000 years Halina, and we chose to give it to you."
Tears started prickling in my eyes. I wanted my mother. I wanted to meet my dead ancestors and friends but I also wanted to see my sister. And Harry. And Ron.

I looked at my mother and felt a yearning to join her.
Suddenly, a projection flickered on and started showing me pictures. They were of people.
Luna. Neville. Hagrid. Ginny. George. Mr and Mrs Weasley. Even Draco. There were billions of faces I loved and I felt sick staring at them. The it projected a boy with dark hair and glasses. Harry. I choked back a cry.
Ron appeared next and then I saw Hermione.
My sister.
My other.
My half.

I glanced back at my mother and she nodded.
"You want to go back don't you?"
I nodded, choking back tears.
She got up and embraced me, we'll meet again Halina don't worry."
I grinned.
"You're right. After all, everyone dies."
She smiled and hugged me again. Letting go she stepped back and waved.
"Bye."
"Bye." I called. Then everything went black.

Heeey. * Now before you guys started saying: " that can't happen, that's not true!" Listen...... ITS A FANFICTION!! So yeah. This whole chapter I made up, these things don't actually happen on the book so yeah. Bye. 🦄