Chapter 22

The manor was massive and intimidating. It's towers watched over us as we made our way across the lawn. Steve was walking behind us, as if he thought we would run away. We finally came to the door where another burly death eater stood.
"Invitation," he said rudely.
Hermione took out her purse and gave him the back card.
I peeked inside and I saw massive halls with people chatting, eating. They were all dressed up in black.
"The invitation never said anything about colour!" I whispered to Hermione.
"It's too late now, we are going to stick out like a bunch of roses in thorns." Hermione answered.
I groaned and said,"do you think we can change them quickly?"
Hermione shook her head, just as Steve stepped up. The security guard- or should I say ' security death eater' - gave us the card back and we made our way inside.
I clutched hermione's hand and Steve led us inside.
It was as if the whole hall stopped to stare at us.
Women wearing pearls and gems muttered to each other, while men nudged each other, as if saying,' look at those mudbloods'.
Just having our presence made the manor seem ashamed, for mudbloods have never steeping into the halls of the Madlfoy Manor before.
I was just about to tell Hermione that we should leave when a blond boy approached us.
He was wearing a black suit and his hair was combed to perfection. I felt hermione's hand stiffen in mine and she muttered a 'great.'
"Hermione, Halina, I'm glad you could join us." He said. Then he realised that the whole hall was watching us, "uh hum," he coughed.
They realised they were being rude and continued to do whatever they were doing.
"Wow, maybe death eaters have manners," I commented. As soon as I realised what I said I blushed and was about to apologise when I realised that Draco didn't even hear. Instead I decided to make conversation.
"Draco, you could have told us to come in black!" I scolded.
"I thought that you would know... sorry" he replied sheepishly.
Hermione muttered a small 'it's ok,' as he led us away from the crowd.

"So, why are we here?" Hermione asked.
"My parents have found out that I'm on Dumbledore's side, they hate me."
I gasped.
"I have only one day to redeem myself which is why I invited you guys."
"Why?"
"To prove that dumbledore's side is the one to be on, that we will win!"
I shuddered. "Are you saying we have to talk to them? What if they do something to us?"
"They won't, I won't let anything happen to you guys " he winked at us and Hermione blushed.
"Do your parents know?" She asked.
"Yes, but my father is the only one that is angry."
"Are you saying that your mother dosen't care whether your with Hermione?" I asked.
"Yes, only my father was really angry." He sighed. "See." Draco stuck out his arm and my heart stopped beating for a second.
There was a deep mark on his arm that bore the words:' traitor'
Hermione had tears in her eyes and I was wiping my eyes with mine with my sleeve.
"No.." She whispered.
Just as I was going to say something, Draco's mother and father arrived.
His mother was wearing a dark gown dress that went up to her feet and his father was wearing a suit, both of their clothes perfectly ironed.
I patted my dress down nervously and Hermione wasn't even breathing.
"Ahh, Ms Halina and Hermione Granger, I'm glad you could make it," Lucius said.
"O-oh y-yeah, great to b-be here," I stammered. In my mind I started to slap myself for being so stupid and embarrassing myself. First impressions count Halina.
"It's lovely to meet you Mr and Mrs Malfoy," Hermione said warmly. She had put an incredible act because nobody knew she was nervous except for me.
Narcissa smiled and led us into a different room. It was completely black and had white writing on the walls. I looked closer and it had the names of all the Malfoy's relatives. Some were crossed out in red and I shuddered. Red means... Dead.

Lucius sat down on a chair and beckoned us to do the same.
Malfoy lingered near Hermione but his mother called him towards them. It was as if there we were two sides. The malfoys vs the Grangers. Haha, it would have been funny in a different situation.
Hermione was wringing her hands together and I decided to get straight to the point.

"Well, why did you call us here?" I asked.
"We want to know which side we should be on." Narcissa said.
Draco added. " they want to know, which side is better."
I sat up. "Dumbledore's of course. If You-Know-Who wins we will be all dead. He says that you will be free but you know he's lying."
"Really, how do you know?"
Hermione stared at me and I gulped.
"I-I have dreams. He tells me things, he tells me secrets."
"He as in You-Know-Who right?"
I nodded.
Narcissa got up and started walking around.
"Lucius, we can't let this happen to us. Our whole family could be in danger!" She said.
Lucius stood up immediately. "Do you trust these mudbloods? How do you know they are telling the truth? You are making assumptions about these things, we can't trust them!"
Draco grabbed his fathers hand. "No father, this is wrong. You can't trust him, we could all die."
Hermione and I stared I wonder at the scene. "Mr and Mrs Malfoy, please trust us. If we get you on our side, We Will have two experienced death eaters!" Hermione stated.
Luscious glared at her. "You filthy Mudblood, who would want to be on your side?" He thrust his wand towards Hermione and creamed, "Adva ke-"
"No!" Narcissa screamed and jumped in between them. Everything happened in slow motion, the spell hit Draco's  mother and she fell to the floor. Lucius realised what he did and screamed.
"You made me kill my wife!" He moaned.
Draco screamed and rushed toads his mother and Hermione lifted her head, muttering spells. Narcissa didn't move and lucius said, "the war is truly starting." With that he vanished leaving a sobbing Draco, tearful and stressed out Hermione and a blank me. I stared at the scene and felt a tugging in my heart.
Draco sobbed into his mothers pale arms and Hermione comforted him. After a few minutes I crashed to the floor in a heap. My mind was whirring and the last thing I saw was Hermione running towards me.

Hermione's POV:
Narcissa was dead. She was the only death eater who believed in what was right and her husband killed her. I comforted Draco who was sobbing. Suddenly Halina collapsed and her eyes glazed over. I ran to her to comfort her, but she just stared off into the distance.
"Halina, Halina?" I shook her.
Draco got up and wiped the tears away, "what's happening?"
"I-I don't know!" I sobbed clutching my sister.
He grabbed her and shook her. "We have to call someone!" I shouted.
Draco shook his head. "Can't! Hermione do something!"
Halina suddenly pushed me away and screamed. Her pupils were white and I reached for her, the second I touched her skin my mind blanked.

We were standing in the middle of a woods and Halina was screaming. I turned to see what was happening and I witnessed Harry, Ron and gin being captured by Voldemort. He was holding them tight and he said, "do it, kill them."
Halina shook her head and I touched her. My hand went right through her and she didn't notice me, like I wasn't there.
"No!"
"Do it Halina, or I kill your sister."
Her pupils widened and Harry stared at her. "Halina don't, please no!"
Ron was white and screamed to let him go. Ginny was quiet and tears were rolling down her eyes.
"Halina, Halina-" Harry started.
Halina took out her wand, "Halina no! It's just a dream!" Harry screamed.
"I-I can't," she whispered, tears streaming down her pale face.
"please no Halina...." Harry begged and she sobbed. Hermione gaped at the scene as tears danced down her face.
"Adva ked-"

I jolted awake. Draco was staring at me, tears rolling down his eyes. I hugged him. "Hermione, Hermione are you ok?" I shook my head.
Halina was slumped on the floor and as I lifted her, she bolted awake, panting.
"Hermione, Hermione!" She screamed. "It's ok, I'm here," I soothed her as she fell into my arms.
"It's ok, it's ok...." Draco carried one half of Halina and I carried the other as we sneaked out of the manor.

We returned to the burrow, and halina was immediately given medicine. The whole family, including Harry and Draco sat around the table for me to tell them what happened. I recited the story, of Narcissa'a death, Halina's dreams and everything. Harry said that nothing happened to them, nothing like in Halina's dream.

Everyone went to sleep but I rested by head against Halina bed.
Harry walked in.
"Hermione, get some sleep, I'll be with her."
"No, I can't-"
Harry lifted me up and carried me to my room. The second he placed me on the bed I fell I into a deep sleep.

Hey guys! This is a really long chapter and sorry it's so bad! I'm sorry I haven't updated for long but I have lots of HW. Hope you like it. FYI: I have already written the epilogue because I have an idea for it. The whole storyline is planned out. 🦄 seeya alligators, i mean chickpeas.🤓