Alleys.

"We like the breeze flow straight out of our lids

Them they got moved by these hard-rock Brooklyn kids

Us flow a rush when the DJ's boomin classics

You dig the crew on the fattest hip hop records"

I threw my phone in the basket and went back to sleep, I love that song but damn, that thing was really loud, I need my sleep. The best thing is that i can't fall back asleep, I tugged my covers off and rolled my eyes, I sighed. I hear the phone ring again, I went through the clothes and answered the call. I heard a loud ghetto voice, none other than Miya. Her name is Miya but I call her Mimi, most of the time.

Mimi : Bri, wake yo lazy a** up.

Bri : Mimi! giggles

Mimi : Girl hurry up and come to school, quick before yo mama come and mess you up good. giggles

Bri : Whatever, everybody know yo mama gon' beat your a** if you keep slackin' on your work. smiles  

Mimi : Whatever, hurry up.  

Bri : Bye.  

Mimi : Bye girl.

I hung up and put my phone on the table and get dressed in my normal school clothes, green tie, green pleated skirt and a plain white t- shirt. I slipped on my sneakers, grabbed my bag and my phone then headed downstairs. I thought that I'll just occasionally pass my mother with out her knowing because I know that she'll ask me something to do for her. I reached for the door handle but I was stopped by my mother's hoarse voice.  

Ma : Where you going?  

I looked over my shoulder to see her smoking a cigarette, I stared at the pile of cigarettes in the ashtray. I stared at my mother, she looked tired and warned out, he lips were dry and her eyes were red from the tears that never fell since the day my father. She cried that day but after that..there was nothing. She looked bony, she bearly ate but she will feed me, of course.  

Bri : School.  

Ma : Have a good day.

I sighed of relief and turned back at the door.  

Ma : Wait, when you reach home you'll have to go out and do a job for me. I'll tell you the rest later.  

I took a deep breath and swallowed from the dryness of my throat.  

Bri : Sure.  

I opened the door and closed it behind me, I fixed my dark brown shoulder bag on my shoulder and walked to M's house. I looked down at my shoes as I waited for her, I heard a door slam close, I look up to see Mimi with her red plaid bookbag on her back.   

Mimi : rolls eyes Sh**...  

She walked down the steps and smiled at me, we started walking while I started a conversation.  

Bri : What she do this time..  

Mimi : Nothing bad but damn, she could get on my nerves. She was talking about my Science homework but I was like b****, nobody ain't got time for that.  

I laughed out loud at her funny expressions, she and her mother are like sisters, it is her sister but she call her, her mother because she was always like that to her and she never met her mother. They may argue and cuss each other out but they are close. Most of the time, we call her sister her mother is because she can be controlling sometimes. I get that she never wants her to get hurt or anything like that so I understand and she needs her education. She claims that I'm smart but when she says that, I laugh, I'm smart but not that smart.