What just happened

"Kay. Please unlock the door." Ashton begged me for what seemed like the millionth time. I had locked the door twenty minutes ago.

I didn't exactly know what I was gonna do when I did lock myself in here , but I knew what he thought I was doing. I was now crying and I could hear him crying too.

I didn't think me doing this would have this great of an effect on him , but I was wrong. I could ear him sniffle and then every once in while he would burst out crying but quickly stop.

"Why are you crying?" I asked him.

"Im not sure. I don't want you to hurt yourself." He managed to get out.

"Tell me the truth." I told him.

"I don't know." He paused and it got silent. "Please open the door."

"What are you afraid I'll do?"

"I don't want to say it." I could feel the hurt in his voice. Ashton had never been this involved with anything like this. When Michael cut I hid it from everyone , and when I did it , he really didn't know.

"Ash?" I asked him when he got quiet.

"Please open Kay. Talk to me face to face." I stood up and looked in the mirror. My face was puffy and red and my was messed up. I didn't want him to see me like this , but I knew he wouldn't leave. I unlocked the door and heard him stand up quickly. I opened the door and he stood there looking at me. His hair was also messed up , and his eyes were red. I stepped out ans he took my arms , eyeing them for marks. I yanked them away when he was done.

"I didn't do what you're thinking." I said. He pulled me into a tight hug.
We hugged until iheard him crying some more. I pulled away and looked at him. His face had become more red. He looked away from me and down to my wrist , when he saw that I was staring.

Ashton stared at my wrist while rubbing his fingers over the scars.

"I know why you did this." He nodded. "But. Where you going to do it again?" He brought me over to my bed and sat me down.

I hesitated for a moment. "I thought about it. But then I starting thinking about you." His eyes shot up to meet mine. "No. I meant I was thinking about how you were crying." I quickly corrected myself. His eyes fell back down to my wrist.

"But I didn't." He looked back up at me.

"I'm glad you didn't." He smiled while staring deeply into my eyes. I stared back into his eyes.

Our faces got closer as we started to lean in. As we got closer , I had butterflies in my stomach. Our lips finally crashed together and we both sat there , moving our lips in sync.

We kissed for a couple of minutes before the door opened. Ashton stood up quickly , separating us from the kiss. Abbey walked into the dorm and looking at us weird.

"Uhm. I'll see you tomorrow Kay?" He asked awkwardly and I nodded in agreement. He left and Abbey raised her eyebrows at me. I shook my head and walked to my closet.

"What just happened?" She asked me.

"I have no idea." I said pulling clothes out of the closet.

"Kaydan."

"Yeah." I turned around.

"Did you and Ashton kiss?" I nodded. "Oh my gosh Kaydan."

"I know I know. I don't know why I did it , but I did. And it felt so right." I whined.

"Really? What about Michael?"

"What about him? I can't be with him. He's hurt me to much."

"So what? You're into Ashton now?"

"Im not sure how I feel. All I know is that I could have really hurt myself tonight , and if Ashton wasn't here , I might not be here." She nodded. "But anyway , what's new with you?" I asked her.

"Nothing much. Hey has Luke talked about me at all?" I raised my eyebrows. Was she really asking about Luke?

"Not really." I lied. "Don't you have a boyfriend?" I didn't mean to sound so rude but seriously? She has a boyfriend.

"Actually no."

"What? Why? What happened?"

"I broke up with him. He was being a jerk."

"Wow."

What has happened tonight?