Losing Mr. Maxwell

One Year Ago, Graduation Day

Prologue

"Congratulations, Ms. Valentine." said Vincent smiling. "I guess red does suit you guys for a gown color."

"The guys thought they looked awesome because they're in black." I said with a chuckle.

"Come, let's leave. I heard some people were pulling a prank."

I nodded and we hurried off. As we walked out of the grand doors, we heard footsteps behind us. I turned around and gasped. There stood my 'father.' Except, he wasn't fat. He looked muscular in a suit and had his hair curled. What's up with curls now?

I instantly narrowed my eyes. Vincent turned around and glared at him, both of us suddenly upset.

"Now, now. This isn't a time to be upset." his voice was a lot more deeper too, "How are you, my dear Azura? Congratulations on graduating, I'm proud of you."

He took a step forward and I took a step back.

"You better run off to your little hole before I fuck you up." growled Vincent.

"A teacher shouldn't talk to a guest like that. His job could easily be taken away." said my 'father,' his eyes narrowed and voice cold.

Not able to handle enough, I nudged Vincent's arm and turned around, walking off without another glance.

"And where do you think you're going, young lady?"

"Young lady?!" I spat, still walking, "You should choose your words carefully, old man."

"How disrespectful, did my brother not raise you well?!"

"What do you m-"

I swiftly turned around and took another look at this man. Never had that man been so muscular and tall. No, this isn't real. I looked over at Vincent, shock clearly written on his face.

"Who are you?" spat Vincent, confusion replacing his shock.

"Is it not obvious?" said the man with a chuckle, "I am Azura's biological father."

"Well that escalated quickly..." mumbled Vincent.

My father, my real father. It can't be real, this isn't happening. I analyzed his face. His eyes were a piercing blue, that's the first thing that I noticed. He had a straight nose and thin lips. His skin was pale and he was about 6'2. He was a little muscular, which was noticeable through his grey suit with a white shirt and black tie. His hair was peppered at the sides and I then notice d that I resembled my mother more than him.

"Azura."

An unknown feeling slowly crept inside of me. I felt it being mixed with nothing but anger and rage. I clenched my fists and took a deep breath, trying my best to soothe it. Vincent looked down at me and he frowned.

"You'll come with me now." said my biological father as he approached me, "And attend colleg-"

"Are you mad?!" I snarled, the anger concoction rising to the surface.

He flinched and I bit my bottom lip. His face held confusion that was replaced with amusement. This seemed to anger me more.

"Where were you all this time?!" I yelled, my anger building up by the second, "And I'm eighteen, I don't need to go anywhere with you!"

A group of people began to stare and I clenched my fists. Vincent, my 'father' and I walked behind the school. It was completely empty, we don't need anyone filming or watching us.