Chapter Four - Soon

Over the past week, many things happened. Ian opened up to me and Yvette and I started talking again. Travis Baker, Mop, was detained by the cops and is currently in jail. Apparently when he's finished with girls, he takes pictures of them. According to their number, that's how many pictures he takes of the girl. He took seven pictures of me, I was knocked out in all of them. He was about to be released, but when they found those pictures of multiple girls, he was instantly found guilty.

Knowing that I was taken advantage of really hurt me. The fact that Mop has seven years in prison made me happy, really happy, but I became a statistic because of him. The court wanted me to see a therapist to ease tension, but I've come to realize Ian is an amazing listener.

"So yesterday, I was playing League and got drop hacked." sighed Yvette, "I thought I was finally going to win my bronze promos, but no, some idiot decides to fuck me up and leave me stuck in elo hell."

Jerv amusedly watched as Todd rolled his eyes at how dramatic Yvette was being. Today, she had her curly hair out that would bounce whenever she'd sharply turn her head.

"I'm just saying!" she sighed, "It's so annoying, it's like Riot doesn't do shit about it!"

Todd looked at her from his lashes and groaned when she kept on going, "We understand, Yvette. Please stop talking about League..."

Yvette shook her head, her curls bouncing from side to side. After a ten second silence, everyone looked at me. My eyes darted to each of them, taking in their facial expressions.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Well, let's see... Last week you were crying almost everyday. You told us it wasn't because of the thing, but you did say you'd tell us this week. Spit it out, woman. What's on your mind?" questioned Yvette.

"Do you have ADHD?" I questioned.

"I don't, I'm just a naturally happy person!" she said as she threw her arms in the air, "Now spill."

Am I ready to tell them my mother has breast cancer? It's even hard to talk to Ian about it... How can I tell it to my friends?

"Um..."

Fuck, my voice cracked. I opened my mouth again only to cover it with my hand and shake my head. My heart was wildly throbbing in my chest as I felt the tears well in my eyes. Blinking them away, I smiled.

"My dad and I are friends."

There was silence. Their eyes told me there was more but I only looked away.

"That's really nice." said Todd, "But we all know there's something deeper than that. If something happened, you should be able to tell us, we're your friends. You're practically my sister, so if anything happened, tell us."

I simply nodded and picked at my fries.

"I-I'm not ready to tell you guys... But just know that I can't hang out with you for spring break."

This definitely got Jerv's attention.

"What do you mean?! What happened to going to my father's estate and chilling?"

"Sorry rich boy, can't do." I said with a small smile, "But don't worry, we can chill afterwards."

"You're full of shit." he muttered as he took a bite of his brownie.

"Wise words of Ian." I said with a wink, "Love you too."

Yvette giggled and rested her head on Todd's shoulder. I snuck a glance at him and almost broke a smile when I saw him blush. Those two are so cute. Finishing my sandwich, I crumbled up the paper and threw it on my tray.