Chapter Two - Wonderful

I will add italics and bolds later on.

--

I sat down at the table and began to eat my cereal. Ian's eyes were fixed on me but I paid no attention. When I scooped up the last of the Apple Jacks, I put the bowl to my head and slurped the milk. I put the bowl on the table when I was done and looked directly at Ian.

We stared at each other for a long time.

"What can I do to make up for your childhood?"

I inwardly cringed at his icy tone of voice but showed no emotion.

"Let me leave, let me go back to Vincent."

"I thought by now you'd forget that mongrel."

"Watch who you're talking about like that." I hissed.

He smirked and took a bite out of his apple.

"Maybe I should start drinking..." he said and took another bite, "Maybe I'll unintentionally discipline you."

"You would've thought." I said through clenched teeth, "I fucking hate you."

I got up and took the bowl with me. I washed it out in the sink and put to dry.

"You're so disrespectful."

"You're a deadbeat dad who can't fix what he's broken. That happens to be me, if you didn't know."

"I'm not a deadbeat dad."

"Then what are you?"

The room became silent and I turned to Ian. Usually he would be amused or have a blank face, but this time his face held nothing but sorrow.

"Azura..."

"Whatever." I said and tried to pass him but he grabbed my arm.

"I'm really sorry, Azura." he said with a frown, "It's just that... we weren't exactly raised the best."

I shrugged his hand off.

"Sorry doesn't cover the over seventeen years of abuse. If the family was like that, don't continue it. You threatening me is more than enough for me to retaliate."

He paused and licked his lips.

"I told you this before. I can't give you back your childhood... but... can we start on a clean slate?"

"A clean slate?" I laughed sarcastically, "You must be mad."

I walked away from him and headed upstairs. I'm ready to leave, I can't wait anymore. I don't have class until next week, I won't be missing any days, if I come back.

I set my alarm for 2:00 AM and headed off to bed. The sharp sound of the alarm woke me up and I groggily crawled out of bed. I yawned and stretched my muscles, knowing what will happen from this moment on. I began to pack necessities that would fit in my knapsack. After about an hour of looking through things and packing, I was ready. I grabbed the money out of the chest I had on my bed. I put on my jogging shoes and took a deep breath.

A knock at the door made me jump and I quickly ran to lock it. A sigh at the other end automatically had my eyes narrowed.

"Azura, I know you're there. Can we please talk?" he pleaded.

Shit, how am I going to escape if he's awake. I waited until 4 AM and finally there were no sounds. I looked over at my window and opened it. It was about a 15 foot drop. I looked I over at the tree and saw that it was too far for me to jump to. I'd take a leap of fate, but I'm not Ezio Auditore, there's no haystack waiting for me at the bottom or a life bar in my peripheral vision. I walked out of my room and looked at the staircase.